• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Can you wake up to an alarm clock?

Can you wake up to an alarm clock?

• Yes, always.

Votes: 32 57.1%
  • No.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Sometimes. / It depends on how much sleep I'm getting the night before.

Votes: 20 35.7%

• Total voters
always. although sometimes i wake up late to it because i put it on snooze mode lol. regardless, i end up waking up to it at some point.

Yes, I can't possibly sleep through an alarm going off because I'm a light sleeper. I often find that I don't need to since I'm awake before the alarm goes off, though.

I usually wake up to my alarms to the point where I’ve started to wake up BEFORE my alarms. The past months I’ve been waking up at around 6 AM and my body is so used to that schedule that I’ve recently been waking up around 5:30 or 5:45 AM. Even during nights when I’m dead tired and I turn off my alarm for the next day, my body STILL decided to wake up at 5:30 AM even if I’m not getting the minimum 6 hours of sleep. 😭 Body clocks truly are amazing (and annoying for day offs)

I’ve never been able to be woken up by an alarm clock. I could literally have it the loudest it can be and right next to my ear, and it still wouldn’t wake me up. I’ve tried many different sounds, volumes etc, and nada. 😭

It’s why I’ve always had to have my mom or dad wake me up for school, any morning appointments I have etc, because I’m apparently incapable of waking myself up. I can be woken up by my parents talking/yelling, the fire alarm going off etc, but apparently not an alarm clock. Maybe if I change the sound of it to sound like the fire alarm going off or something…

Any alarm clock i use, my unconscious self has to bloody turn it off
My mum has to wake me up for work as she gets up around the same too. She uses an alarm clock and phone alarm.
I have tried phone alarm in the past but my phone likes to drain battery so i dont always like using it

Yep, especially if I know I have to wake up at that time for some kind of commitment! if I’m setting an alarm with an intention of getting up early and having a productive day but no real consequences if I don’t, I’m a lot more likely to switch alarms off and snooze more but I’ll still wake up to them initially

Oof, it depends on how sleepy I am. I set a ton of alarms and I make sure the volume is set to high, but even then I sometimes sleep through them if I'm really tired! Most of the time I'll wake up though, but I'll just hit snooze and keep sleeping. :p

I almost always wake up to my phone with the Night Owl apple ringtone, which I’ve been using for years. I don’t switch it up ‘cause it’s just ol’ reliable to me.

I can!! I'm pretty sensitive to them I suppose or maybe it's that I'm more of a morning person so I'm already starting to wake up by the time they go off. When @Saylor and I are on the phone together overnight sometimes I wake up to her alarms while she sleeps through them!! What a goof.

I can wake up to an alarm, but if I didn't go to bed early enough I can sleep through it. I tend to set two alarms though, so the second alarm will do it if the first doesn't suffice.

Yes, I can wake up to an alarm clock. Most mornings nowadays, I need an alarm to wake me up. But when I was in high school, I would always wake up a few minutes before my alarm.

Yes! The second my alarm goes off I immediately shut it off and get up. I’ve never snoozed an alarm or had to set multiple alarms ever.

For a regular alarm clock, it depends, sometimes I sleep through them sometimes I wake up immediately after they go off. I usually have two alarms, one on my phone and one on my physical alarm clock.

The one alarm that never fails to wake me up though is my one cat Mustachio, sometimes, not always, but sometimes she wakes me up and she's insistent about licking my nose, biting my nose, biting my hand, tapping her paw on my face, standing on me, getting up and down on the bed and walking across me lol like I said she'd insistent when she does try to wake me up and I always end up giving up after like 10 minutes of if cause she won't stop once she starts

Typically, yes. But I'm also very good at snoozing my alarms and sleeping through them. I'm terrible at getting up on time no matter how many alarms I have. I'm a morning procrastinator lol

I can, but whether or not I'll stay up? Different story. Normally I assault myself with a few varying alarms on my phone, alarm clock ect to ensure I actually get up

Sometimes.
The more sleep I get the harder it is to wake up
The less the easier

Back