How much longer do you lay in bed after waking up?

How much longer do you lay in bed after waking up?

• Between five and ten minutes.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Between ten and thirty minutes.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • Over an hour.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • N/A, I’m out of bed immediately after waking up.

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
I’m usually only laying down about five minutes, especially if I’m working that day. If I’m not working, it can sometimes be a bit longer. It takes my body a few minutes to wake up after the alarm goes off.

Today, I needed a whole half hour, but that’s probably because the air conditioning was on. I never want to get up when it’s freezing. That’s why I try not to leave it on when I’m sleeping and only let it run during the day.

I crave coffee too much to lounge about in my bed. But I will fluff a pillow and read for a few mins on reddit before I actually get out of it.

Maybe a few minutes— like 3 to 5 minutes. If I wake up way too early (like 4 a.m.) I usually go back to sleep, though.

really depends on the day, my mood, how i sleep etc. usually its like... a half hour. i like to check my social media and emails before getting up.

it honestly depends on the day, how i’m feeling, how well i slept, what time i woke up etc. if i have class or plans that day, i have to go to the washroom etc, i usually get up anywhere between 5-20 minutes after waking up. but if i’m not feeling well (either physically or it’s a bad brain day), i have no plans or any reason to get up quickly, it’s cold in my room etc, i can lay in bed for over an hour after waking up. it really depends on the day haha

it depends on the day. if i have to be to work at 7:30a, i don't dawdle. 6a and i'm up and at 'em. but if i don't have to be to work until later, i'll usually take 5 or 10 minutes to lay there, stretch, and wake up more.

if i'm working from home i usually go on my phone for a little bit before getting up (always have to do the wordle before i get up), if i'm working in the office then i usually get up straight away to get over the pain

if i'm working from home i usually go on my phone for a little bit before getting up (always have to do the wordle before i get up), if i'm working in the office then i usually get up straight away to get over the pain
I usually do Wordle before I go to bed, but I could try it as a wake-up tool, too! I usually look at the hippos on Cincinnati Zoo Instagram before I get up lol.

Looks like I'm the only one so far that gets out of bed immediately. I'm a heavily sleeper so I usually get a good nights sleep. When I wake up I want to get things done. This is why I'm more of a morning person.

It really depends, but most days it takes about 15 minutes to get out of bed. I guess the simplest answer as to why is my room is always cold, and my bed is too comfortable for me to want to get up haha.

Ehh, it depends. Sometimes I stay in bed for a while, if I am just watching TV and to play on my phone, but times I do get up pretty much immediately after I wake up when I go with my dad to run errands.

When my alarm goes off, I always hit snooze one time. Then it goes off again 10 minutes later, and that's when I make myself get up 😛

for the last week I've been lying in my bed for like an hour after I wake up, sometimes longer 😂

under normal circumstances I might lie there for 10 min to an hour though, really just depends on what I'm feeling lol

I have a lot of trouble getting out of bed unless there's something specific coming up that I've planned with someone (e.g.: work, lunch, walk, yoga).

Otherwise, I could wake up at 7:30 am, try to get back to sleep until 8:30 am, and then stay in bed until 10 am. There are days where my body feels completely exhausted, so I figure it's needed sometimes?

It really depends on what time I set the alarm and if I showered the night prior. If I showered then I stay for a few minutes, but if I haven’t then I get up quickly to take it in time.

My struggle isn't getting out of bed so much as it is finding rest when I get in bed, so by the time the alarm sounds, I'm usually half-awake and just waiting to get up anyway. Though there are definitely days where I just stay in bed until I am either driven out either by hunger or my pets vocally reminding me that I need to feed them.

It kind of varies, but I voted for getting up immediately. Basically, if I don't get up then I'll probably fall back asleep and then I'll be late to work. I do hit snooze a couple of times, but I don't count that as waking up because half the time I'm still asleep when I hit snooze or I fall back asleep immediately. I set my alarm so I'm usually waking up at the last possible second anyway, so I don't have long to lounge around. I'm not exactly hopping out of bed. It's a struggle but I force myself.

If I don't have to go anywhere and didn't set an alarm, then I will let myself gradually wake up. I may lay in bed for anywhere from 15 mins to an hour on the weekends after waking up. Sometimes I fall back asleep and sometimes I just enjoy laying there until my dog makes me get up to feed/walk him.

lately i've been waking up and just lying in bed for anytime between 10-40ish mins. if it's too early then i'll go back to sleep for however long

Back