• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you set screen time limits?

JellyBeans

only half awake
Bells
Switch
2122-3699-2125
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Rotating Fool's Egg
Sweet Heart Balloon
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Sweet Feather
Poptart Easter Egg
i've had a one and a half hour time limit on tiktok on my phone for years because otherwise i can and will just keep scrolling.. and scrolling.. and scrolling.. it used to be two hours but i weaned myself down lol. even still it's probably unhealthy that i hit that limit a lot of the time but fortunately i actually obey the pop up as it kind of snaps me out of my trance. it's the only app i have it on though, nothing else seems to be as much of a time suck for me!

I do, for the same reason! But the screen time limit only works semi well for me 😅

I do have one set for YouTube and Instagram to prevent me from wasting time just passively watching/scrolling but unfortunately, it doesn’t prevent me from pressing the “ignore for today” button. I really should get better at my screen time self-control 🤭

No, but I also typically don't use social media. I use YouTube but mostly for music. I don't have the energy to actually watch things all day.

No, but I also avoid checking my phone in the presence of others. Mostly a respect thing. That alone cuts down my screen time naturally. Most of my screen time is also generally hobby related. (watching movies/whatever sports I follow at the moment).

I haven't ever actually had a screen time limit. It would probably be useful to have one that passively reminds me and doesn't close me out of the app entirely lol

I did for a part of 2023, but ended up tossing those limits aside the moment I came back to TBT for camp. Admittedly, it feels like I should go back to setting limits on various websites, since I'm getting too distracted by a bunch of websites currently and it's affecting my productivity. 😅

I find that I don't need to set time limits anymore. The internet has gotten boring lately lol. I do find myself scrolling just cause it's easy and comfortable too but I'm not really enjoying it anymore. I do gotta get into the habit of not just gravitating to my phone whenever I'm done tasks. I gotta get comfortable with being bored.

i mean i really should. i do find myself just endlessly scrolling when i should be sleeping or doing something productive. i really wish i was better at managing my phone use.

I don't feel a need to. I don't spend a lot of time online. I tend to use the internet in quick bursts rather than continously.

Back