• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Can you wake up to an alarm clock?

Can you wake up to an alarm clock?

• Yes, always.

Votes: 32 57.1%
  • No.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Sometimes. / It depends on how much sleep I'm getting the night before.

Votes: 20 35.7%

• Total voters

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
I used to not be able to, but it seems that no matter how much sleep I get now, I can wake up to any alarm clock.

I use the alarm clock on my phone.

Probably, but jokes on you, I am my own alarm clock. I always wake up around 9 or 8, but then I fall back asleep and get up around 10am instead.

Yes and I want to kill it instantly! But the best alarm clock is the sound of a pet vomiting in the room, nothing get me up faster.

I put sometimes, because sometimes I sleep through my 2am alarm. I have to get up to give Nicholas his meds and cath him at 2am every night, and last night I missed it. It happens more if I go to bed too early and get into too deep of sleep before then. If I go to bed at 1, then I can't fall asleep until after 2am because my body is like, nope, you're getting up soon. It's like I have a 30-60 min ideal window or something haha.

yes i always wake up with an alarm as unpleasant as it is. it's hard to get up for work in the morning otherwise. i would love to be one those early birb people who just naturally wakes up in the morning 😩

Yea I can get up to my alarm clock. I use the alarm on my phone. I also set an extra alarm just in case .It’s usually set to 7am unless I have an earlier shift and then the extra one is set to 7:05. I also have a dog who will wake me up at 7 even if my alarm is off for the day .

Yes but honestly I’m so paranoid about not waking up in time I always wake up like an hour before the alarm even goes off. :|

I do, but whether or not I actually get up after snoozing it is another thing entirely. I'm a chronic snoozer.

Yes, but it's not always necessary.

Whether or not I set an alarm I tend to wake up relatively close to when my alarm is set for - even on the weekends. On work days I very frequently wake up 5-10 minutes before my alarm is due to go off.

Yes, but I hate it. Which is why I usually have two alarms going on, one that is no sound and only vibration because if I remember to wear my watch it's just a much calmer way to wake up.

The second one includes the gentle hell noise just to be sure

No. Alarm clocks don't work on me. Neither do earthquakes apparently.

sometimes i can wake up upon the first alarm but if i’m really tired then i’ll need a second one 😭
some days are better than others where i have such a light sleep that i can naturally wake up at a decent time, other days i’ll sleep like the dead

its the thing that guides me through my day 😭 i have to set several. i use a timer and a few alarms on my phone, along with a digital alarm clock incase my phone suddenly doesnt work. the bad thing is, it’s practical enough to automatically connect to a radio station tower in a timezone an hour ahead, at random times. so even if the time’s right when i fall asleep, in the meantime it might connect and move the time an hour ahead. i cant turn that function off. well better i get up an hour too early than too late i guess🫠

i can wake up to the alarms but i almost always end up hitting snooze or accidentally turning it off (even in cases where i really really shouldnt) and going back to sleep.

Unfortunately lol. I'm a light sleeper so I couldn't just sleep through it.

I don't need one. I seem to wake up within the exact same time frame each day. It's extremely rare for me to sleep in.

I can, but I absolutely hate it. I don't like having my sleep interrupted at all, I'd much rather wake up naturally. I only ever use an alarm if I absolutely have to. I don't use alarm sounds either, my phone's "alarm" is just it vibrating, but because of that I now hate the sound of my phone vibrating for any reason.

Depends on how much sleep I got the night before. I go anywhere from waking up before the alarm goes off to waking up way past it.

No. Alarm clocks don't work on me. Neither do earthquakes apparently.
How do you get up on time?? How can you live like that? 😬

I always wake up to my alarm clock. But I set three consecutive alarms (five minutes apart) to be on the safe side. I also have an alarm 20 minutes before I need to leave the house and a fifth one when I need to leave the house.

When I have a consistent schedule, I often wake up a few minutes before my first alarm.

Back