• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Brushing your teeth in the shower?

Do you brush your teeth in the shower?

• Total voters
I brush at the sink. Otherwise, I'd be stepping out to spit into the sink and rinse and I'd be all cold and dripping everywhere... it sounds so unappealing to me lol.

I brush at the sink. Otherwise, I'd be stepping out to spit into the sink and rinse and I'd be all cold and dripping everywhere... it sounds so unappealing to me lol.

You know you can just spit it out in the shower right? lol

Last edited:
I've never brushed my teeth in the shower. I feel like it would be kinda gross to spit on the floor, and I don't want to even think about accidentally stepping in it xD

Can't you just put on a bathrobe and go to the sink while the conditioner soaks in? No need to get unsanitary in a place where you're supposed to clean up, like you shouldn't combine all those gems where you're going to be naked.

Can't you just put on a bathrobe and go to the sink while the conditioner soaks in? No need to get unsanitary in a place where you're supposed to clean up, like you shouldn't combine all those gems where you're going to be naked.

im sorry but how is tooth paste more dirty than the crevices of your buttcheeks and private areas that you pee/poop out of? lol. obviously theres fecal matter in the shower water that goes down the drain. frothy used toothpaste is not nearly as many germs or gross as that.

Why do people find it so weird to brush your teeth in the shower? I thought this was normal for guys. Just spit at the drain (but my shower drain is one of those 'above ground' ones that closes cause it's also a tub, and I don't stand next to my drain).

Anyway I mostly do sink but I have brushed my teeth in the shower before. I like it cause it's like I'm gettin clean everywhere. But my toothbrush is kept at the sink for daily use.

I say normal for guys from personal experience and I would see that alot in movies, guys brushing their teeth in the shower.

I don't brush in the shower, that seems like it would be more inconvenient than time saving to me. I also don't like to brush or floss without a mirror.

I don't think it's gross, but I'm also probably not going to ever do it. When I'm not shaving or anything I can be in and out of the shower in less than ten minutes (shampoo first, then leave the conditioner in as you use whatever soap/bodywash/facewash)

Brushing my teeth is one of the first things I do when I get up, and most of the time I don't leave home as soon as I get up so I have time to take a shower whenever I feel like it.

I've never heard of people brushing their teeth while in the shower, weird. Wouldn't it be more of a inconvenience, like how would you put shower gel on a sponge/flannel in one hand while having a tooth brush in another?

Wouldn't be quicker to have a quick shower, then brush teeth while drying off?

I brush my teeth at the sink. I've done it that way my whole life and my family does it too. I guess brushing in the shower kind of makes sense, but I prefer to keep the two activities separate. I also happen to use an electric toothbrush, which probably wouldn't be the best thing to get super wet.

okay so I have a weird system

I usually:
Brush before bed
Floss and mouthwash in the morning

If I happen to shower before bed OR somehow forget to brush before bed I brush in the shower in the morning

Back