• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What color do you prefer your electronics to be?

What color do you prefer your electronics to be (phone/tablets/gaming consoles/etc)?

• Black

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • White

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • An actual color (red/purple/etc)

Votes: 31 45.6%

• Total voters

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
I prefer my phone to be black since it's a minimalistic color and I think it looks nice. In addition, that means I tend not to customize mine much outside of a phone case. For other electronics, I also prefer black. My Switch Lite is indigo since black was not available at the time. Also, do you decorate your devices with stickers? I personally do not, since I prefer the sleek look.

I like an actual color for my devices but black is just fine too!(and sometimes the better choice anyway)
I just dislike white (worse color for electronics impo) or really light colors for my devices. Wear is more noticable on them impo.
I don't like stickers/skins. I've never had a special shell as I don't like the idea of unscrewing stuff.

I prefer basic black or charcoal gray for most of my electronics. It's a color I will never tire of that goes well with everything. For my phone, I'll be using a case anyway so I can pick a pretty color for that.

The exception is with handheld gaming devices. If I can get a nice deep blue or purple, then I'm usually happy. But I don't like white or pastel colors, so if those are the only options I'll stick with black/gray.

I never add stickers because they fade, peel, and leave a nasty residue.

1st choice is always white. 2nd is red.

20240104-214429.jpg

My phone is pink - seemed funny when I bought it four years ago, at the start of the pandemic, but less so now. 😂

When available, anything with actual color is my top pick, especially the translucent ones like the Nintendo 64’s later models.

I don’t really have a colour preference for phones/tablets. The only important thing to me is that my phone/tablet works properly and that I take care of it. I have cases on mine at all times that cover up most of the colour anyways, so it doesn’t really matter to me. I usually end up with silver tablets/phones, which is fine, though it’d be cool to own a more brightly coloured one one day. Rose gold, pink, or blue would be my top choices. I have a silver tablet and a white phone right now though, both of which I’m happy with! My phone especially; it’s my first white phone, and it honestly looks really nice! I like how the phone case I’m using looks with it. ☺️

When it comes to other electronics like gaming systems, there usually isn’t a specific colour that I try to get. I just get whichever colour option I like the most out of all of them. Pink, purple, black, white and shades of blue are what I typically gravitate towards though, but I’m never opposed to getting a colour outside of those options if I like it!

I’ve never decorated any of my electronics with stickers, though I have been tempted to decorate my switch. I have a lot of stickers that I’m not using, but I’m always so worried about putting a sticker down and then not liking where I put it/putting it down lopsided or not flat that I just don’t bother with stickers much lol

Last edited:
Oooh, I somewhat answered in your Basement question! For most electronics, I prefer dark grey > specific colour > black > white.
  • Nintendo Switch is the black Switch with grey Joy-Cons
  • Neon Pink/Neon Green Joy-Cons (currently using; I kind of want the pastel purple/pastel green pair, but that's beside the point!)
  • Switch Lite is turquoise
  • Laptop is "midnight blue", which from a distance just looks dark grey (and as I mentioned in the other thread, I thought it was grey when I ordered it, but I actually really like the colour it ended up being! 😇)
  • My phone is peach-coloured, though I ordered it in black. I don't mind the colour
  • PS4 is white 😔
  • And then anything else, I'd just prefer it dark grey, or as I ordered at the top!
As for decorations, I haven't decorated any of my devices so far! 😊

I do think white electronics show dirt easily. I'm always cleaning my Airpods and case. The case especially can get pretty filthy if you aren't keeping up with it.

Oooh, I somewhat answered in your Basement question!
This was one of the questions I asked in that thread I thought could have their own thread.

I'd say my preference is an actual color > black > white. Although it does depend on what actual colors are available. If I don't like any of the actual colors, then I'll just go with black

I like colors! Colors are fun but a lot of things don't come in bright, fun colors anymore :/ like my phone, Xbox and switch are black but my tablet and laptop are blue!

Pink or white, for me.

My PC is white with pink (or white, depends on my mood) LED lights inside. My Xbox Series S is also white. My phone however is purple, because that specific model didn't have pink -w-
My Switch is the AC:NH edition, so.. didn't have much of a say. My DS Lite is pink. I love pink and white so much ;w;

I picked color, but honestly, it'll depend on my budget. Most of the time the black or white options will be cheaper. On the rare occasion that there are multiple colors for the same price, then I usually pick blue. Red, yellow or purple are nice colors as well.

usually black/white! my phone is black and my playstation stuff is black and white (though i've been thinking about buying one of the colour covers). had a previous phone that was gold and white but it met its demise a while ago

my switch lite is yellow which i quite like tho! but if black was an option at the time i might have gone for that instead

I've always preferred darker or alternative colours as they don't show marks as much as white does. My iPhone has been lilac since the colour was introduced any my MacBook Pro has always been slate grey.

Funnily enough though my OLED Switch and Xbox Series S are white with black accents. 😂

Back