• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What color do you prefer your electronics to be?

What color do you prefer your electronics to be (phone/tablets/gaming consoles/etc)?

• Black

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • White

Votes: 9 13.2%
  • An actual color (red/purple/etc)

Votes: 31 45.6%

• Total voters
As much as I love blue, I usually have electronics black because it is less attracted to dust, dirt, or yellowing unlike white colored or colored electronics unless you count dark color variants.

I mostly like colored things (especially pink, purple, and yellow), but when colored options are not available i tend to gravitate more towards black. I don’t mind white either though, my old phone was actually white (white tends to look more fancier); my current phone is purple. both of those I put clear cases on so I can show off the colors. I find when I get black colored phones I tend to put a colored case on it anyways to make it less plain looking. I don’t really put stickers on my electronics but I do have a MacBook Air that has a neon green case on it that I have put a couple of stickers on, I’ve had it for a while now. I would never put it directly on the laptop or any electronic, if it has a case I might though.

If the only options are black and white, I always pick white. If there's colours, then pink or blue?

I will go out of my way to get a light pink version of anything, even if it’s more expensive.

If it’s between black or white, then I prefer the look of white. I remember being disappointed when I had to get the black Wii U because they made the white one with significantly less storage, for some reason. Lol

Usually lean towards electronics with an actual colour if they're available, often go for blues or greens (especially if they're a pale/pastel shade), though for anything that is only available in black or white I think I more often go for black.

I gravitate towards pastel colors, so if they're an option for electronics I tend to go for that! (Especially pink. So much of what I own is pink, haha.) I'm really particular about making sure the shades of my electronics match, though, so if the color options clash with items I already own then I tend to go for white.

I prefer white or red, but I don't necessarily get to make that choice since there are usually few options or I don't think about it at the time.

Honestly I just look for a decent price and a decent product. The color is an afterthought as long as its not something like migraine inducing neon colors.

i prefer white electronics but i dont think i actually have any that are white other than my airpods. my phone is black and my macbook is a navy blue bc they gave me the wrong color and i was too lazy to care about it. my 3ds is blue, ds lite is red, and my switch is the animal crossing one. funny enough, when i got a modded gba, i completely customized it, and i didn't choose white, lol.

My preference would be actual colour > black > white. My phone is black, but if I ever buy a new phone purple would be really nice 💜 I have the Splatoon edition Nintendo Switch with matching pro controller and I absolutely love the colours. My Xbox is black as that's the only colour it comes in, but I was kinda glad to get rid of my white Xbox One as it didn't look right with the rest of my stuff haha.

I made a thread in the nintendo treehouse displaying all my purple handheld consoles lol! So basically anything purple..and if purple isnt available..then pink! And if pink isnt available then you can't go wrong with good ol black

Also, the only sticker I put on my devices are decals in order to change the entire color of the device, other than that..stickers are juvenile and tacky imo lol!

i like things with actual color...but i wish we'd go back to the 90s and use clear/see through cases for electronics again lol

I just go with whatever speaks to me. I got the Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Switch OLED because I liked the design and love Pokémon and it was perfect timing when I bought mine because there was a sale at my local GameStop that brought the cost down $20 and I got even more discounts by taking advantage of my Pro Power Up membership. I needed a new Switch for a while because my old one would randomly disconnect and not recognize the Joy Cons being attached to it while in hand held mode. It’s not fun playing something like BotW and fighting a ton of enemies when the Controller screen pops up mid fight to tell you to connect a controller to the system even though they are still attached to the system.

I don't have a whole bunch of devices, and those that I do are usually just black or sometimes white by default. Of those, I prefer black.

The devices where color comes into play are usually things like Nintendo handhelds. I always wanted to get the pink DS Lite and 3DS, but never saw them out in the wild, so ended up with a blue DS Lite, a red 3DS, a purple 3DS (the bottom screen of which died), then finally a blue 3DS XL to replace the purple one. My Switch is just the standard grey one since I keep it docked and thus have no interest in the Lite's color options; I've always wanted the purple and orange JoyCons but have never bothered because I don't like using the JoyCons unless absolutely necessary so as not to have to worry about JoyCon drift.

If colors were an option for more of the things I buy, I'd probably opt for pink or purple more often.

Oooh, I somewhat answered in your Basement question! For most electronics, I prefer dark grey > specific colour > black > white.
  • Nintendo Switch is the black Switch with grey Joy-Cons
  • Neon Pink/Neon Green Joy-Cons (currently using; I kind of want the pastel purple/pastel green pair, but that's beside the point!)
  • Switch Lite is turquoise
  • Laptop is "midnight blue", which from a distance just looks dark grey (and as I mentioned in the other thread, I thought it was grey when I ordered it, but I actually really like the colour it ended up being! 😇)
  • My phone is peach-coloured, though I ordered it in black. I don't mind the colour
  • PS4 is white 😔
  • And then anything else, I'd just prefer it dark grey, or as I ordered at the top!
As for decorations, I haven't decorated any of my devices so far! 😊

Small update on my thoughts. Originally I said I preferred dark grey over colours, but yesterday I needed to get a new phone (I broke mine), and I ended up going with purple, even though dark grey was an option? Hmm.

Small update on my thoughts. Originally I said I preferred dark grey over colours, but yesterday I needed to get a new phone (I broke mine), and I ended up going with purple, even though dark grey was an option? Hmm.
It's always nice to switch it up. I just remain the boring same with black everything, lmao.

Ohh I like this question a lot! I've never actually thought about how almost all of my electronics are connected by the color, but the connection is obvious now and it's black, with a few exceptions of a very dark shade rather than hueless black.

I forgot about my Joy Cons. I have the Neon Red and Blue that came with my first Seitch, Neon Pink and Green, Neon Yellow and Purple, and the Skyward Sword Joy Cons. I also have the Pokéball Joy Con Controller and a charging base for it.

Black, black, black! That way, it'll all match.

I've found that I dislike colored electronics, because if I'm not "feeling" the color that day it'll bother me. 😖

Back