• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Book Fairs

Ichiban

enjoying the free entertainment while i wait for t
Bells
Island
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
Rainbow Crescent Moon
Galaxy Swirl
Strawberry Doll
Quirky Doll
Moon Ball
Weird Doll
Strange Doll
Silver Mailbox
did anyone else have these at their school? I remember ordering the lego star wars visual dictionary that was supposed to come with a special luke skywalker figure only for mine to not have it. i was devastated. but i also got lego star wars on wii from it so it wasnt all bad. share your book fair memories here now

wow i didnt get points for this one huh

I used to have book fairs at the schools I went to, all the way up to the 8th grade. But the last time I bought a book from the book fair was in the 5th grade.

I also remember getting a balloon from the book fair back in the 4th grade.

i remember these!! i only brought markers and erasers, bookmarks, those pens with the pink fuzzy balls at the top and highlighters from mine. i don't remember ever actually.. buying a book lmao.

one time my friend stole a sister location poster from ours and to this day i'm still incredibly confused on how she pulled it off.

it has come to my attention that I was talking about the monthly book catalogs the teachers would give us in elementary. oops. I do remember buying diary of a wimpy kid at the actual book fairs though

I remember these. Brings me back, lol. My favorite books were the Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

I got all of my most embarrassing scifi YA novels at the book fair. I loved it!

we had the scholastic book fair at my school, and then we had another similar thing around christmas time, but it was book fair/gift shop thing. twas fun.

Yes! We would watch little trailers for books every time in our library class and discuss if we wanted the books for our school library.

In 5th grade, they sold pencils that looked like drumsticks, and me and my fellow percussionists all got them.

The only negative of book fairs was that I always got antsy because I was afraid other kids would get all the books I wanted before I did and I worried they’d run out of supply. (Actually, I think there was a thing where you could order them and have them delivered to the school on the day of for pick up. Not sure why we didn’t go that route instead *shrugs*)

i loved book fairs! i didn’t experience my first school book fair until middle school, because the elementary school that i attended had book catalogs instead. they were these yellow fliers with a front, two pages on the inside, and a back, and they had a bunch of books and their prices listed. teachers would hand them out every few months or so, and students that were interested would circle the book/s they were interested in, bring the flier back to school along with the money for the book/s, and the school would order them and they would arrive within a month. my mom allowed me to order 20+ rainbow magic books (i was so shook when i found out that daisy meadows, the “author”, was an alias for a bunch of different writers instead of being an actual person) in second grade, and i still remember 7-8 year old me trying to balance the huge pile of them in my arms when they arrived as i tried to get to my backpack LOL

my first actual book fair was during my first year of middle school, and honestly just thinking about the layout of it is enough to make me feel all nostalgic— the shelves of books, the tables and baskets of cool erasers, pencils and pens, pencil cases etc. i was admittedly more interested in the latter stuff than i was the actual books, but my school book fair is actually where i got my copies of the the hunger games trilogy books!

man, i miss book fairs… i wanna be in a kid in the 2000’s and 2010’s again lol

Yeah, I remember book fairs. They were one of my favorite things about grade school!

I loved book fairs! I remember purchasing some books from the Percy Jackson series and The Hunger Games trilogy at school. I also bought some cool bookmarks.

they were definitely the highlight of every school year since elementary school :] they introduced me to books that are still some of my favorites today

Yes!! I loved book fairs! (even though my parents rarely gave me any spending money) I just enjoyed browsing all the books. I'm a big library kid too - I used to volunteer at the library and just spent HOURS in there hanging out and reading. I actually love that libraries have digital collections now, but also that they're curated to some sense! It's fun to participate in library events and get suggestions all from the comfort of my couch =)

Yes I loved book fairs! I remember circling all the books and things I wanted to get with the paper / pamphlet they sent home.

I loved the scholastic book fairs, I remember buying a pokemon book when I was in elementary school, wish I still had it

I always liked browsing those catalogs and the actual fairs. Never bought anything though

I remember these being pretty cool. I think my high school even had something like it as well one year again.

Funny story about when I was in grade school. I picked out a Pokémon book and was basically scolded by my homeroom teacher saying it wasn't a "valuable" book for learning. Thanks, but who asked? 🙂 Anyhow, that made me self conscious so I lied and said it was for my brother who was absent and couldn't make it to the book fair. Then they started badgering me for their information, so I just pretended I didn't know ahaha. As you can see the 'mons melted me brains!!!

I would always get a book and a bookmark. It was simply the way.

Yeah they were cool. I rarely got anything from them though because my mom thought they were expensive and a waste of money which is sad and not really true.

Back