• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT's Lunar New Year 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Welcome to a brand new event here on The Bell Tree: TBT’s Lunar New Year! Also known as the Spring Festival or Chinese New Year, this event will run February 9th - 24th 2024 and it celebrates the beginning of the new year according to the traditional Chinese calendar. We know that many of our users observe this holiday, so we decided it was about time we provided the opportunity for you to celebrate on here with your TBT friends too! 🎉

2024 is the Year of the Dragon! 🐲

Drago.png

With this in mind, we have structured our Lunar New Year event around the imagery and symbolism of dragons! 🐉

Activities 🏮

TBT’s First Lunar New Year event is comprised of five activities. The prizes for the first two activities listed below are based on chance and interaction, whereas you will receive 1 Dragon Token for participating in each of the other three events.

Event NameDescription
The Luck of the DragonPurchase a Fortune Cookie and test your luck in this raffle.
Red RichesGift your friends red envelopes to unlock prizes.
Draconic DesignsColour in this Year of the Dragon inspired line art!
Flicker & FortuneShare an ACNH screenshot relevant to the Lunar New Year.
Bright BeginningsCreate a paper lantern in this crafting event.

Prizes 🧧

So, what’s a Dragon Token? One Dragon Token will enable you to purchase a piece of our new multi-part Chinese Dragon collectible.

1_1.png
1_2.png
1_3.png

There are three guaranteed Dragon Tokens available through our Bright Beginnings, Draconic Designs, and Flicker & Fortune events. There is a chance to gain a further three Dragon Tokens through participating in The Luck of the Dragon and Red Riches events.

Finally, certain items can also be bought with regular forum bells.

Prize List

1_1.png
Chinese Dragon Head - 1 Dragon Token
1_2.png
Chinese Dragon Body - 1 Dragon Token
1_3.png
Chinese Dragon Tail - 1 Dragon Token
festival_lantern.png
Festival Lantern - 1 Dragon Token
fortune_cookie.png
Fortune Cookie - 10 Bells
334.gif
Magical Fireworks* - 399 Bells
665.png
Night Sky Scenery - 25 Bells
plum_blossom.png
Plum Blossom - 1 Dragon Token
hongbao.png
Red Envelope - 86 Bells
365.gif
Shooting Star** - Staff Favourite prize
LNY dragon.png
Zodiac Dragon Figurine - 1 Dragon Token

*Please be aware that this special animated collectible is not displayed year-round. While it will always remain in your inventory after purchase, it'll only be activated on specific occasions such as: (Gregorian) New Year, Lunar New Year, Valentine's Day, Independence Day, and Guy Fawkes Night. The colour of the fireworks will automatically change with the holiday.

**You are still eligible for an animated Shooting Star collectible even if you received one in the TBT Fair 2020.

Bell Increase 🪙

You may have noticed that some of those prizes need to be bought using forum bells. To help with this, we are increasing bell earnings across the forum throughout the event period (February 9th - 24th 2024). This means that every time you make a post on the forum you'll earn a higher amount of bells than you normally would.

Staff Credits 🧨

Activities coordinator: Mistreil
Thread coordinator: Chris
Activity hosts: Chris, LadyDestani, Mairmalade, Mistreil
Banner artwork: Mistreil, Mick
Draconic Designs line art: dizzy bone
Chinese Dragon, Festival Lantern, Fortune Cookie, Plum Blossom, Red Envelope collectibles: Mistreil
Zodiac Dragon Figurine collectible: Mick
Magical Fireworks collectible: dizzy bone
Shooting Star collectible: Laudine
Technical setup: Jeremy, Justin

I’ll need to look at this when I get the chance today. It looks exciting from first glance!

I’ll try my best to participate in all of the events! Thank you as always to the lovely staff for dedicating so much time to these events. ❤️❤️

Ahh this is exciting—I love the Plum Blossom so much! ;v; Hopefully I'll be able to participate in everything!!

My draconic design is coming along nicely! I referenced the Smile Precure team colors (pink, orange, green, cyan/blue and yellow) in the chest scales, so its a rainbow! I may even add in the trans flag colors as well (I do support that movement from afar)

I LOVE THE NEW COLLECTIBLES!!

I'm gonna need so much TBT what. 😂 Better posting! lmao

This all sounds fun, can't wait to try them all (Except the IRL activities) when I get the chance.

It's really neat to see an event centered around the Lunar New Year! With the dragon theme too and everything 🐉❤️

Oh hi night sky scenery!!!!!!
I love the new collectibles so much!!!!
I'll try to take part as much as I can in the event!

Ahh this is exciting—I love the Plum Blossom so much! ;v; Hopefully I'll be able to participate in everything!!
I also love that plum blossom! I'm excited for more florals with yellow backgrounds.
The other collectible that has caught my eye is the festival lantern with the night sky spacers. I hope I can participate and get lucky enough to afford 4 dragon tokens! And OMG shooting star... AHHHHHH

Happy year of the Drago! (yes, Drago)
Thanks for another event, staff, and I hope that everyone has a lovely lunar new year!

(I'm trying to clean my house like crazy before it hit my time zone... don't want to lose my luck by sweeping it out on the wrong date, lol...)

The banner is so pretty oh my gosh 🤩
Thank you staff for the event, excited to participate in all the activities!!! Plz luck be on my side 🥺

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back