• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you an optimist, or a pessimist?

Are you an optimist, or a pessimist?

• I'm an optimist! SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS.

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Pessimist. My aunt is out to kill me.

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • I don't know what these words mean ????

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • In between.

Votes: 38 53.5%

• Total voters

Beary

straighter than a circle
Bells
Winter Mittens
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Red Candy
Red Candy
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Cake
Yellow Candy
Do you see the best in people until you see the worst in them,
or see the worst in people until you see the best?

Which do you consider yourself?

I can be both. I have days where I love everyone and everyone has good in them. Then I have pessimistic days where I lose faith in people and they all piss me off.

But for situations, I usually find the bad in everything and it gets annoying. I guess I'm more pessimistic.

I'm more pessimistic than optimistic but I'm not like, totally negative about everything.

I think I'm a bit too much of an optimist for my own good.

i honestly don't know? i'm thinking optimist but i'm not 100% sure, haha.

Well if this thread is specifically about people, I guess I'm a pessimist. People are untrustworthy and I feel like I need to know what they are like right away and I'll wait for them to do either something positive or negative and I'll pretty much judge them based on that.

Sometimes I'll get to know them better.

Last edited:
i think im in between? erm... maybe. i never really think about it haha

I'm a convert. Haha.

I used to be a huge pessimist. Basically, the kind that try to prepare for everything to go wrong and don't get their hopes up about anything, and everything that DOES go wrong just feeds into the negativity like an endless fountain. It was bad. And I was constantly putting myself down. The only thing I was positive about was other people--I would try to cheer friends up and go out of my way to support them and tell them that they shouldn't get too down in the dumps even while knowing it was hypocritical.

I decided I wanted to change that, because frankly, it's not a healthy way to live. Plus it really sucked to feel miserable most of the time and being negative that much really has a strong effect on your behavior and the way you react to things. So I started off small by just trying to stop myself from immediately determining a negative path for everything in my mind. And from there, I started doing something I call "Exercises In Positivity", where at the end of each day, I reflect on the things that were positive about my day, no matter how big or small, and type them out.

It has done wonders. I'm a much more positive person than I was in the past and I feel so much better about myself and my life. I don't get gloomy about my art and I'm actually excited to show it to my friends and others without feeling like I have to nitpick or say that I don't like or that, etc. I felt less awkward about doing livestreams/let's plays because I was no longer worried about my voice or how stupid I might sound and instead focused on just having fun being myself. It's appreciating the small things that has made a large change for me. Positive emotions have fueled me to be more productive at work, with my art/writing/hobbies, and have made me a much happier person. If anyone else here is having problems with being positive or is struggling with depression, I'd recommend trying it. At first it seems like a chore, but after awhile, I started to look forward to recounting the good things that happened throughout my day---especially when it was a bad day. It gave me something to appreciate and I slept easier.

I know this is tl;dr, but in case anyone was in my shoes, I wanted to share what helped me. : )

I'm a very pessimistic optimist.

Basically, I get my hopes up, but I don't expect anything to play out in my favor. :)

I'm neither. I think it's stupid to be one or the other. It's not all sunshine and rainbows, but I don't consider life depressing, either. I always consider every outcome of any situation.

~

Pessimistically optimistic, but optimistic at the end of the day. Expect the worst, hope for the best, that's what I live by.

I don't know what these words mean and I'm not looking them up right now because this computer is slow and opening a new tab won't help it. *waits for people to yell at me and call me ignorant*

I don't know what these words mean and I'm not looking them up right now because this computer is slow and opening a new tab won't help it. *waits for people to yell at me and call me ignorant*
Pessimistic means always thinking bad thoughts and being negative,optimists are people who are too happy and think positive.
You just made a pessimistic quote that won't happen c:

Pessimistic means always thinking bad thoughts and being negative,optimists are people who are too happy and think positive.
You just made a pessimistic quote that won't happen c:

Oh yeah, I'm known irl to be extremely negative :c

People always say I'm too negative but I don't necessarily think I'm ALWAYS negative, I see a lot of positive things in the world but when I hear people say "I think humans are inherently good" I just want to laugh so I guess that's a sign that I'm a pessimist overall... yeah

Back