• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you an optimist, or a pessimist?

Are you an optimist, or a pessimist?

• I'm an optimist! SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS.

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Pessimist. My aunt is out to kill me.

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • I don't know what these words mean ????

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • In between.

Votes: 38 53.5%

• Total voters
My thoughts are often loaded with negative undertones; however, I consider myself a fairly enthusiastic and resilient person. So although I have a tendency to sink into pessimism when I become too detail-oriented, focusing on the bigger picture helps me to achieve an overall positive outlook on life.

~

I think it's silly to say that life, and the world will always be good/bad. It's a mixture of both; life and the world are full of all sorts of experiences. We aren't a result of being born good or bad, we're a result of our circumstances. I prefer to expect the best out of people. But, at the same time, I don't really have a lot of friends because of that. ^^; So I don't see a problem with being optimistic or pessimistic. They're two sides of the same coin that is life. I just want to look at the brighter side, because everybody and their mother seems to think I don't understand the darker side of things.

I teeter in between the two really. It depends on the situation and circumstances and my own personal experiences relating to them. As much as possible though I like to look on the "bright side" and believe that things are good or will be better if they aren't, but other times it's hard. Sometimes I'll be purposefully pessimistic when I know for a fact I'm going to be disappointed by something to save myself the effort. I don't know if any of that made sense, but I'm weird like that.

ugh omg, i think other people would call me an optimist, because i always get other people to see the bright side in things, but in my mind i'm usually really pessimistic.

I'm in the middle, I guess. It all depends on my mood. Most of the time I'm looking at the worst-case scenario though, haha.

In general I tend to be an optimist when approaching situations that are unknown to be or are beyond my control. Sometimes I get frustrated but it keeps me healthy to look at the bright side of problems.

I used to be extreamly pessimist, just because of depression and rough stuff happen in the past. Right now, I meet right people and knowing what I want to do with my life. I become more optimist, I had it way worse in my past. And now it just goes up and thats makes me very happy. Of course I got my days, but thats just says, and not weeks, months or years anymore.

Back