• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Who are the best (and worst) ostrich villagers and why? šŸ¦©

Which is the best ostrich?

• Total voters

Snek

Time To Party šŸŽ‰
Bells
Switch
0744-8044-4420
Tasty Cake
Chinese Dragon Head
Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Body
Chinese Dragon Tail
Tasty Cake
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
I didn't see an ostrich poll so I thought I should add one. I really like all ostrich designs.

BEST: Phoebe

I love Phoebe. She is one of my top favourite villagers and I love how she is based on the phoenix. Since I have a zen themed island she is perfect for it.

Other mentions:
Sprocket: I love that he is a cyborg!
Blanche: Her zen theme is perfect for my island
Julia: I love peacocks and its nice to see one of than PavƩ

WORST: None. I really like all of them. They are very unique and have different birds which are based.

Juliaā€™s my favourite! Peacocks are such gorgeous birds, and I love that she looks like one! Villagers that look like a different species than their own are so cool to me! And like you said, itā€™s nice to have another ā€œpeacockā€ character other than PavĆ© (though heā€™s awesome as well!). Julia was actually one of my first 20 villagers in New Horizons, and I really enjoyed having her! She honestly fits the tropical theme so well, and I loved how sassy she was with my other villagers when I tuned into their convos! 10/10 best girl šŸ’™

I also like Blanche, Phil and Flora! Blanche is such a simplistically pretty gal, I love how elegant she looks! Sheā€™s always given off confident, dependable, sometimes harsh businesswoman vibes to me. Like a The Devil Wears Prada character or something. She doesnā€™t beat around the bush or settle for anything less than what she wants, and she sometimes comes across as rude or arrogant because of it, but sheā€™s genuinely kindhearted. I of course love that Flora looks like a flamingo, and think sheā€™s so precious! I love Philā€™s colours, and have always liked to pair him with Phoebe. I think they look cute together!

My least fave is Sprocket. Iā€™ve never been a fan of the robotic villagers aside from Ribbot, Cephalobot and Del, and I just donā€™t really care for Sprocketā€™s design. Iā€™m also not the biggest fan of Sandy or Queenie, but Queenie kinda reminds me of the Harvest Festival furniture from New Leaf, which I think is cute.

Julia is my favorite. It think she is cute and I just like her design.
I also like Blanche and Gladys.
Worst is Sandy I suppose? It feels unfair to put her here without having her around before.

My favorite ostrich villager is Julia! Honorable mentions to Gladys and Flora.

My thoughts on each of the ostrich villagers:

Blanche: She's okay but nothing special to me. I do like the light blue coloring on her tail feathers.

Cranston: He's probably my least favorite ostrich. The big yellow eyes against the orange coloring doesn't appeal to me.

Flora: She's a flamingo, which instantly bring up toward the top of my list. I just like flamingos.

Gladys: She has a cute, classic design. I love the red-crowned cranes that she's based one. Black, white, and red is always a good combination.

Julia: This is a similar situation to Flora. I like peacocks, so of course I'll like the villager that's based on a peacock.

Phil: He looks fancy with his golden tail feathers, and I like his colors.

Phoebe: The fact that she's based on a phoenix is cool, but I'm not a big fan of the orange and yellow coloring.

Queenie: She doesn't look bad and I like her purple color, but I don't like her facial expression.

Rio: Rio is cool. I love the star on her face and the colors of her tail feathers!

Sandy: She's the most ostrich of all the ostriches. I like villagers that resemble real life animals.

Sprocket: He's one of the robot villagers. I'm not a big robot person, but he's okay. I like the dark gray color of his body, wings, and tail.

There's quite a few I really like, some I may ave never really had but still like their design.

Julia, Rio, Flora and Gladys are probably my absolte favourite out of them. Rio is a nice new add to the peppy group, which helps me greatly. Julia and Flora have a lovely design.
I have had Phoebe for so long, she is basically my sister at this point.
Blanche, Queenie and Crantson, I would love to know more about, or get to try them out. I am a lil meh with Sandy and Sprokcet. And Phil as well. XD

not a single-choice poll pls you can't do this to me
Gladys is my pick for best ostrich; she has a design that's both cute and beautiful and it's based off a real-life crane, which is extra cool. My second pick would be Julia! She was on my island for a while and was totally lovely, and I love her big shiny eyes. Also I love that she's wearing a dress that just so happens to be in trans pride colors, so between that and her coloration, I like to headcanon her as a trans girl. šŸ’—šŸ¤šŸ’™ I also really like Blanche! She seems very refined.

Worst for me would be Sandy, for the same reasons I don't like Carrie and Rex. I don't entirely get why but I just really don't like the yellow-orange villagers with half-lidded eyes and blue or purple eyelids, which feels too highly specific for me to not have a clear reason for, but here we are.

I really like all the ostrich villagers that resembles other birds versus just being a plain ostrich; so blanche, flora, julia, and phoebe. Iā€™m not a fan of queenie at all, sheā€™s currently on my island and I just want her to leave. I just donā€™t like looking at her, a big disgrace to the color purple. I also donā€™t really like sandy or sprocket either.

i loooooooove blanche! she's my favourite by a mile. i got her kind of randomly on my first island and she very quickly became one of my favourite villagers. she's like a sweet older lady i love her, she's officially the mother of my island in both the literal way and the "gays giving a woman a compliment" way.

my least favourite ostriches are definitely sandy and sprocket. for sandy i just hate her little strands of hair, either shave it all off or get a wig. sprocket i just haaaate his colour palette. i hate orange and i'm not a fan of that shade of green, putting them together is even worse. he looks like an ugly carrot.

not a single-choice poll pls you can't do this to me
Oh, I didn't realise that! I'll change it now. I also forgot to add an animal like the other threads but I didn't because I don't have an ostrich emoji. I could have used the flamingo and now I sort of regret it šŸ¦©šŸ¦©šŸ¦©

Oh, I didn't realise that! I'll change it now. I also forgot to add an animal like the other threads but I didn't because I don't have an ostrich emoji. I could have used the flamingo and now I sort of regret it šŸ¦©šŸ¦©šŸ¦©
If you click the "..." dropdown menu in the upper right, you should be able to edit the title of the thread and add the flamingo!

Best:
Julia - I love her colours and design, she is absolutely gorgeous. She looks too friendly to be a snooty but I love her design so much I will overlook it.
Blanche - Now Blanche is one classy, sophisticated lady and I am here for it. (Now she's a lady who fits the snooty personality perfectly)
Flora - She's a flamingo! How can I not love that. This is one of the only cases where I don't mind her eyes being beady and I love how the white on her face is shaped like a heart.

Worst:
Sprocket - Just doesn't compare to the other ostriches or robot villagers. His legs look like pretty normal bird legs which kind of ruins the robot look.
Cranston - Not a big fan of the eyes.

Bahahah I love how Nindori is in this poll
Hmmm. I had Blanche in my town before! She was very cool :^D I think that my least favorite - I know a lot of the ostriches have this but Queenie and Sandy's hair... bothers me..... I'm not sure why it bothers me but I want to shave their heads ... or color the hair differently... like maybe light purple and black for Queenie ..

The ostrichs are all so good šŸ˜­ I mean I have four them as permanent villagers (Cranston, Phil, Flora, and Phoebe) and I had Gladys for the longest time before I was able to get Molly. I also had Sprocket in my New Leaf town. If they finally make a cranky ostrich, you'll be able to have a full house šŸ’•

I picked Cranston because he made such an impression on me in New Leaf, and I still love him in New Horizons. He was one of my starting villagers and he's always been so sweet and cute. We're food buddies!

I actually like them all, but Sprocket. He just doesn't click with me nor do the other robot villagers. Flora is definitely a good one and favorite because I like how she looks like a flamingo. Julia and Sandy are another two favorites.

I really love Gladys. I think sheā€™s just so lovely and cute, and I love that she is a Japanese crane. She suits the normal personality (my favorite) so well. - Once again I am wishing I had at least 5 more spots for villagers on my island.

Not a fan of Sprocket, my husband had him and was not a fan, which biased me. I just donā€™t think he has a very friendly looking face and his emoting doesnā€™t hit me right.

Phil looks mean to me, he has rbf, I guess. I wish I liked him more, his coloring is pretty,

My least favorite would have to be Blanche, cause I just find her horribly dull and and bland all the things I dislike already about the snooty personality. Half the time I forget she exists. (Maybe that means she is a good snooty though?)

i voted for queenie, cranston, flora and gladys. i think mostly because i like the look of them! they have really fun color schemes without being too jarring. some of the ostrich are too crazy and not harmonious. overall though i think i like the ostrich model the best out of all the villager types.

It's tough to choose between my top two, but I think I'll give the win to Julia. Her colorful design and peacock tailfeathers are really pleasant and she's a Snooty, which is my favorite female villager personality.

My very close second favorite is Sprocket. I love the robot villagers and would like to see a robot for all of the villager species one day, however doubtful that may be. Sprocket is cool and unique among the robots in that he's likely actually a cyborg.

I'd say Phoebe, Blanche, and Flora, in that order, probably round out the top 5. Phoebe being a phoenix is really nice. Blanche is a villager whose design I really like but have never had as a resident in a game before. Finally, I love Flora's flamingo design for the most part; the only reason she doesn't beat out Blanche in the ranking is her simple dot eyes.

Rio's also great with her colorful plumage, particularly the rainbow tailfeathers, but she just misses out from the top 5.

Cranston and Gladys are good too, and I had Queenie in my GameCube town so there's some faint affection even though her design is fairly plain for my tastes these days.

Speaking of the GameCube, I didn't really include Nindori since he's been abandoned like a few other villagers and probably won't return. I will say that I like that he's based on the Spice Orange colored GameCube since orange is one of my favorite colors and I used a Spice Orange GameCube controller for years until it eventually wore out. The vents on the sides of his head are kinda neat.

My least favorite Ostrich, like my favorite, is kind of tough to decide too. I've never really liked Phil's design because of the eyes, but he's otherwise kind of okay with the pheasant inspiration. Sandy, meanwhile, has a dreadfully plain design...but she's also one of the few actual ostriches aside from Queenie, Rio and Sprocket. I think I'll give it to Phil just down to the eyes.

Sorry for the length. Birds are my favorite types of animals, there are a lot of great Ostrich villagers and it's one of my favorite species in the game as a result, so yeah, I had a lot to say.

Best: Sprocket

Might be biased since I had him in my 2nd Gamecube town but he does look cool to be. Not only was I glad they brought him back for New Leaf's Welcome Amiibo update, he also had a cool furniture I ended up ording, the guitars and keyboards and such

Also Phoebe cause a sisterly phoenix is coooooool~

I also voted for Nindori because I had no idea another gyroid villager existed and kind wish they brought him back. We need more gyroid villagers!

Worst: Can't really say I really dislike any of the designs but I'll go with Julia. Her eyes are so big and way to real it kind of creeps me out. Also, why did they changer her from peppy to snooty? She definitely looks more peppy.

Sandy...she's the only actual ostrich. All the others are based on a different species. Queenie might just be a purple ostrich, but the others are write-offs to me.

Rio is my least favorite. Glad they brought her back, but just didn't care for her.

Back