• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Official TBT Super Smash Bros. Tournaments (MAIN THREAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would team tournaments ever be a thing? That'd be pretty interesting.

But I'm a little confused. Are we talking tournaments as in actual brackets where the winner moves forward or something like Mario Kart 8 where you just keep playing? I'm kind more interested in the whole bracket thing, it seems more even and quick/suspenseful, that way it doesn't drag out for days like I saw mentioned.

Nearly all tournaments will be bracket and advancing based. And yes, there will be team tournaments :)

I don't agree with tier lists, but maybe you can have tournaments with something like the 15 lowest characters on the tier list?

So about how many tournaments will there be? Also? Can I host my own tournament if possible?

I'm planning on releasing a system later where tournaments can be hosted by any user given they've played in tournaments before and seem to know what they're doing.

I'm planning on releasing a system later where tournaments can be hosted by any user given they've played in tournaments before and seem to know what they're doing.

Ah cool! If its ok I would like to host a test tournament later in the release. Thanks :D

Watch out, because I am using mr Game and Watch~ Im "kinda" pro with him... *snort laugh*
Mr._Game_%26_Watch(Clear).png

Possibly a half pint tournament. You can only use short characters! Like villager, pikachu, toon link, etc.

Same here. I've started to use Pikachu a lot, and I'm looking forward to using it in a tournament.

On that note, would it be a problem that I'm not actually all that great at Smash? Sure, I can take out one level 9 opponent, but I'm not sure how I'd fare against a human player.

Oops! Almost forgot to add a form, of I can make one
TITLE[I put this in for fun :p]: Half-Pinters!
Tournament Start Date:Oct, 15
Tournament End Date:Oct, 19
3DS or Wii U:3DS
Teams: (FFA or TO2) Free For All!a
Special Rules:All characters must be small, aka half pint brawlers!

Oops! Almost forgot to add a form, of I can make one
TITLE[I put this in for fun :p]: Half-Pinters!
Tournament Start Date:Oct, 15
Tournament End Date:Oct, 19
3DS or Wii U:3DS
Teams: (FFA or TO2) Free For All!a
Special Rules:All characters must be small, aka half pint brawlers!

Sorry, but we're not going to start letting others host officials until we know what we're doing ourselves. Let us host 1-2 and then we'll tell you what is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back