• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros TBT Gaming Week: Super Smash Bros. Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Staff
Administrator
Site Owner
Bells
Island
Númenor
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
Purple Violet
White Lily
fzPi4uC.jpg

TBT Gaming Week:
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Tournament

Welcome to TBT Gaming Week's tournament for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on the Nintendo Switch! This is a round-robin tournament which will be scored based on wins and overall participation. Since it might not be possible to play every other participant, those who play the most matches will be ranked higher than those who don't play very many. This means it's worth trying your best even if you don't think you can win! This style of tournament is a bit experimental for us, so please let us know what you think about it compared to the double elimination tournaments we've done in the past.

How it Works

A round-robin tournament is a tournament where everyone plays against everyone else and points are earned by winning matches. The winner is the person who finishes the tournament with the most points. After the signup period is over and the tournament starts, participants will be responsible for coordinating their own matches with each other. This can be done with visitor messages, private messages, or any other means.

We will be scoring matches based on wins and participation. A win will earn you 5 points, a loss will earn you 0 points, and not playing a match by the end of the tournament will lose you 5 points. While it's expected that everyone will lose some amount of points, we hope this method of scoring will encourage more people to actually try their best to participate. As many of you may remember from previous elimination tournaments, no-shows can be frustrating for everyone!

Matches are best of 3 games, which can be fought on any of the permitted stages. Once you have finished your match, please post in this thread with the amount of games won/lost by the two players. You must actually play the match to receive points! If anyone posts incorrect results or asks you to help fake results, please report it immediately.

Bracket and Participants

The bracket: https://challonge.com/TBTGamingWeekFeb2020SmashBros

The tournament ends on March 1st at 3:00 PM EST, so please get your matches in by then!

Tournament Rules

General rules:
  • Round-robin
  • No items
  • Stage Hazards off
  • Matches are 3 stock, 8:00 time limit, and best of 3
  • You can pick any character and switch your character between games if you want
  • Only vote for stages listed below

Permitted stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Pok?mon Stadium 2
  • Smashville
  • Kalos Pok?mon League
  • Town and City
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Unova Pok?mon League
  • Omega Stages

Prizes

Participation:
3 - 5 matches played: 1 ticket
6 - 8 matches played: 2 tickets
9+ matches played: 3 tickets

Tournament placement:
1st: 600 Bells
2nd: 300 Bells
3rd: 100 Bells

For more information, see the Rewards section of the main thread.

To sign up, simply fill out the form below and post it in this thread.
Code:
[PLAIN]
[B]Friend code:[/B] 
[B]In-game name:[/B] 
[B]Time zone:[/B] 
[B]Best available days and times to play:[/B] 
[/PLAIN]

Signups close Monday the 17th at 10:00 PM EST.
Signups are now closed and the tournament has started!

qXtnaCY.jpg

Good luck!

Friend code: 1592-2342-8525
In-game name: Aiden
Time zone: AST (1 hour ahead of EST)
Best available days and times to play: All nights after 6pm except Mondays and Thursdays

Last edited:
Friend code: 0295-0528-5703
In-game name: Oddie
Time zone: AEST
Best available days and times to play: Weekends

Friend code: 0441-5200-7936
In-game name: Scarlet
Time zone: GMT
Best available days and times to play: weekdays at 4pm-12am and weekends at 12pm-12am

also there is a way to check if anyone is faking the results by looking at smash tags (seeing how many games uve won against the person) (so dont cheat)

Friend code: 1186-3403-4818
In-game name: Nox
Time zone: EST
Best available days and times to play:Weekdays/Evenings

Friend code: 5457-1578-2981
In-game name: Get rekt
Time zone: Eastern
Best available days and times to play: Weekends and Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday's after 3

Last edited:
Friend code: SW-4405-7890-9311
In-game name: Miharu
Time zone: PST
Best available days and times to play : Anytime between 3pm PST-10PST Mondays-Thursday, Sunday

Anytime between 2pm PST - 11:59pm PST Friday-Saturdays

Friend code: 2124-9321-8438
In-game name: Kate
Best available days and times to play: after 4pm on weekdays, anytime on weekends

Friend code: 4184-3304-2047
In-game name: NoUsername
Time zone: Central US
Best available days and times to play: I'm usually free practically any time after 2 PM on any given day since I have no life

Friend code: 1777-6372-7112
In-game name: Toadswrthy
Best available days and times to play: Weekends anytime, and weekdays after 5pm and I stay up late so just let me know when works for you

Last edited:
Seems a little odd that friend codes are required since you can play with ease without them, but, eh:

Friend code: 3069 - 2122 - 6821
In-game name: Khaelis
Best available days and times to play: I'm available any day from 12PM to 10PM, though I may be slow to answer in some cases as IRL comes first.

Also please note that while I may appear to be online, I may not be at the PC. I'm sort of in an 'always logged in' mode.

Last edited:
Friend Code: 3285-0551-5525
In-game name: vrietygamr
Time Zone: GMT -7
Best available days and times to play: I'm flexible! Though starting Tuesday, I will be unavailable for long sittings 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM due to working hours --> Monday-Fridays only. So 3:30 PM to 10:00 PM Mondays-Fridays. Every other day (including this Monday), I am available practically all day from 8 AM to 10 PM.

-------------------------------

At first, I thought I would sadly be unable to participate as I do not own the game, but luckily I found someone who would let me borrow it for the tournament week. :D

So, hey one more participant to add to the list

And good luck everyone ;)

Last edited:
Apparently I'm TBT-pay-to-win now, because I just ordered Smash so I can participate. LOL

Friend code: [removed]
In-game name: Marco
Time zone: GMT+1
Best available days and times to play: very flexible, but may not have the game for the first few days

Friend code: SW-5359-8382-5309
In-game name: Moosh
Best available days and times to play:Evenings my time will be the best for me. First week of game week I have off on holiday so I'm alot more flexible then!

Good luck to everybody!

Friend code: SW-5031-4991-8232
In-game name: Wist
Time zone: PST
Best available days and times to play: Not thursdays, I have classes practically every morning from 8-2~ish.

I don't have the stage setting so if you want to battle then I'll probably just do battlefield/FD/Omega mode.

Friend code: SW 5316-4875-2697
In-game name: SK*Yoshi
Best available days and times to play: Sunday-Wednesday 2pm-4pm; Thursday-Saturday Anytime

Friend code: SW-6775-6293-0897
In-game name: ☆ idil ☆
Best available days and times to play: weekdays/weekends after 4:30pm! c:

Friend code: 2979-9898-9547
In-game name: Kara
Time zone: GMT-8
Best available days and times to play: Anyday after 3pm is a good time for me to play

Last edited:
Friend code: in my side bar (i’ll edit this in later)
In-game name: Rosie
Best available days and times to play: Weekdays after 5pm, Weekends after 12pm : )

In Game Name: elf
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 4676-8246-4110
Time Zone: PST
Best Available Time For Participation: after 6pm but not on Tuesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back