• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon TBT Gaming Week: Pokemon Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzy bone

Staff
Artist
Bells
Island
Tansan
Perfect Apple
Perfect Cherry
Perfect Orange
Perfect Peach
Perfect Pear
Durian
Lemon
Lychee
Persimmon
Banana
pokemonheader.jpg

TBT Gaming Week:
Pokemon Tournament

Welcome to TBT Gaming Week's Official Pokemon tournament! For this tournament participants will be versing each other round-robin style! Each contestant will have the opportunity to play every participant once and the winner will be determined by the player with the most points earned in each round. Make sure you play as many people as you can so you don't lose points and make your climb to the very top of the ladder! Do you think you and your Pokemon have what it takes? If so, continue reading for the rules and requirements!

How it Works

For this round-robin, participants will play each other in 1v1 singles matches using a 6-Pokemon team. Please communicate with your opponent to determine your Link Code and appropriate time for your Link Battle. You will both be responsible for scheduling an appropriate time for your battle as well as recording/screen capturing the results from the battle and sending it to me via PM before the end of Gaming Week. Please make sure you communicate with each participant vigilantly as failure to play your opponent will result in point reduction.

A win will earn you 5 points. A loss will earn you 0 points. Failure to play your opponent will result in -5 points to your scores. Your personal scores will be added up and the trainer with the most points wins the round robin tournament.

Once you have finished your match, please send me the following information as a screenshot:
  • Screen shot of you and your opponent's team roster shown on screen before the battle has started. This must be the same team you registered with me.
  • Screen shot of your league cards WIN / LOSS results (not as necessary if both party can verbally tell me the results)
You are both responsible for taking these screen shots before and after your battle as proof of submission or the points will not count. If both parties forget, you may do a rematch. Please do not forget so you don't need to do a rematch! Video proof counts as well!

How to take a screen shot
  • Roster picture: Either take a screen shot before the battle starts where it shows your Pok?mon team/items and your opponent’s team. If the game moves too fast and you miss this, press the + button on your controller to bring up the roster again mid-battle and take a screen shot (thank you Chibi.Hoshi for the tip!)
  • WIN/LOSE picture: Take it at the end, although if you miss this it’s not as big of an issue as long as both party tells me the same result.
  • Additionally, you can also take a 30 second screen capture to record the previous 30 seconds of your play and retrieve a screen shot in your photo album.

For uploading photos or videos I highly suggest using a Twitter account or a private Facebook album to upload directly to your computer. Once you have your photos, you can paste the IMG URL directly from twitter or upload it to an external site like Imgur. You may also take photos from your phone or camera.

Tournament Rules

For your battle you will be choosing Singles / Normal Rules. However, please note the following restrictions for your Pokemon team that differ from the default rules:

• Pokemon Sword/Shield version and Galar Dex pokemon only.
  • No Gigamax forms, no Legendaries/Mythicals or Pokemon from previous generations made available through Pokemon Home.
  • No using the same Pokemon/hold item more than once
  • No Rental Teams. However, you may use any competitive Pokemon bought through the TBT Marketplace.
  • No using FULL stall teams that drag the battle on forever
  • Please do not disclose the team/strategy of your opponent to the other participants.
  • You cannot change your Pokemon team once you have Registered your team with me. Your Pokemon team registered must be the same team sent to me in your screen shot.

Prizes

Pok?mon Tournament: at least 3 matches played (E)
Pok?mon Tournament: at least 6 matches played (M)
Pok?mon Tournament: at least 9 matches played (H)

1st: 600 Bells
2nd: 300 Bells
3rd: 100 Bells

Must play at least 3 matches to qualify in placements.

Tourney end date

March 1, 3pm EST. Screenshots must be sent to me before 3pm EST or your wins cannot be counted.

deinolovesmall.gif

HAVE FUN & GOOD LUCK TRAINERS!​

Participants

Check this post with direct links to all the participants and their information to find the best available times to play. Remember, this is a round robin so challenging as many participants as you can is the only path to victory!

Results / Bracket

Follow the results here: https://challonge.com/TBTGamingWeekFeb2020Pokemon

Friend code: 0295-0528-5703
In-game name: Oddie
Time zone: AEST
Best available days and times to play:Weekends

- - - Post Merge - - -

also can i use shiny pokemon but they arent legendary

In Game Name: Marco
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: [removed]
Time Zone: GMT+1
Best Available Time For Participation: I'm very flexible!

Edit: can you... please clarify the stalling rule as it's quite open to interpretation? Like, is a team with 5 kinda defensive Pok?mon and one clearly non-defensive Pok?mon a "full stalling team"? I just think that it might cause some trouble down the line if it's formulated like that.

Last edited:
Edit: can you... please clarify the stalling rule as it's quite open to interpretation? Like, is a team with 5 kinda defensive Pok?mon and one clearly non-defensive Pok?mon a "full stalling team"? I just think that it might cause some trouble down the line if it's formulated like that.

Defensive Pokemon are fine, but as long as not all your Pokemon moves are set up for the sole purpose of out-lasting your opponent through walls, status moves, heals, and switches that drain out your opponents PP and make the battle last forever or have an endless battle. This rule has been implemented in previous Pokemon Tournaments at TBT as well.

In Game Name: Joshua
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-3285-0551-5525
Time Zone: GMT -7
Best Available Time For Participation: I'm flexible! Though starting Tuesday, I will be unavailable for long sittings 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM due to working hours --> Monday-Fridays only.

No Gigamax forms, no Legendaries/Mythicals or Pokemon from previous generations made available through Pokemon Home.

I'm assuming this is also referring to other regional pokemon as well?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, are evasion raising or accuracy lowering moves allowed?

Last edited:
No Gigamax forms, no Legendaries/Mythicals or Pokemon from previous generations made available through Pokemon Home.

I'm assuming this is also referring to other regional pokemon as well?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, are evasion raising or accuracy lowering moves allowed?

Yep, no other Pokemon, regional forms or otherwise, that were made available after the launch of Pokemon Home. This is just for Galar Dex Pokemon with the Galar Symbol.

Those moves are allowed!

I have a question dizzy, if I may ask here :) If I don't participate in either of these two tournaments, do I still have a shot at earning tokens etc. for any possible new or rereleased collectibles with later forum activities? Thank you!

I have a question dizzy, if I may ask here :) If I don't participate in either of these two tournaments, do I still have a shot at earning tokens etc. for any possible new or rereleased collectibles with later forum activities? Thank you!

The Switch games for Gaming Week are confirmed to be Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, Pokemon, and SSBU. If you do not have any of these games, you will still be able to participate for prizes at the Arcade and possibly some other events! More info will be revealed on Sunday.

The Switch games for Gaming Week are confirmed to be Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, Pokemon, and SSBU. If you do not have any of these games, you will still be able to participate for prizes at the Arcade and possibly some other events! More info will be revealed on Sunday.

Ok, thank you! I don't have my own Switch yet (pre-ordered the ACNH one now!) so I haven't played much on the Switch yet. I didn't even finish all the gyms yet in Pokemon Shield, so really happy to hear that I can participate for prizes in other ways too :)

In Game Name: Miharu
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-4405-7890-9311
Time Zone: PST
Best Available Time For Participation: Anytime between 3pm PST-10PST Mondays-Thursday, Sunday

Anytime between 2pm PST - 11:59pm PST Friday-Saturdays

I'm so excited!!! This is going to be fun :blush:

In Game Name: Shadowboo
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8507-8481-5799
Time Zone: GMT+5
Best Available Time For Participation: Anytime around 3pm till 11pm my timezone!
Weekends: im available almost anytime lol

Last edited:
In Game Name: Kate
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 2124-9321-8438
Time Zone: est
Best Available Time For Participation: Weekdays after 4pm, any time on weekends

Last edited:
Hey Dizzy! I want to sign up but haven't raised any teams or mons yet really so was wondering what the last possible date to register a team would be?

In Game Name: Navon
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 1777-6372-7112
Time Zone: EST
Best Available Time For Participation: Weekends anytime and weekdays after 5pm

Last edited:
Hey Dizzy! I want to sign up but haven't raised any teams or mons yet really so was wondering what the last possible date to register a team would be?

Sign up period ends on Monday and the battles will begin shortly after. You have until then to send me your Registered team!

also can i use shiny pokemon but they arent legendary

Yes you can use your shinies. Flex those shinies!!

In Game Name: Scott
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 7440-4917-9209
Time Zone: GMT-8
Best Available Time For Participation: Evenings

In Game Name: Zane
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 4121-6303-8929
Time Zone: PST
Best Available Time For Participation: Late afternoon or evenings on weekdays, usually anytime on weekends except late at night

Also need to ask for clarification on this :X I initially took it to mean no Dynamax at all but later realized it might just mean no Gigantamax forms.

Dynamaxing your regular Pokemon will be allowed for this tourney! Just no Gigamax mons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back