• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

What Are You Happy About Today?

@Foreverfox OKAY, I HAVE SOMETHING ADDITIONAL TO BE HAPPY ABOUT TODAY! THE DALLAS MAVERICKS DEFEATED THE MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES 109-108 and took a 2-0 series lead in the NBA WCF!!! 🥳

It's funny because I actually made a shrine for them last night including my Dirk Nowitzki bobblehead and 2011 NBA champions Jason Terry shirt. And it worked!!!

I also had a great workout tonight. :3
YAASSSSSS Dirk! You have to keep the shrine up! What a THRILLING game!!!

Played a little more Cozy Grove today! Probably gonna take a liiiittle break since I’ve been playing very consistently for the spring festival items ahaha ;v; no green bunny ears unfortunately but maybe I can get them if I still want to next year!

Finished my Poyo Puffs pfp and signature!! I really enjoyed working on both (my pfp is incredibly self-indulgent lol) and I’m happy with how they turned out!! ;w; I wrote another haiku for my text cheer for this submission window too, so I’m all caught up there!

Also spectated some streams while I was working on those, and was able to join the Jackbox session this morning even though I didn’t know it was happening until less than five minutes prior to start LOL

My mom and I got to see Markiplier’s Content Warning video! We all also watched some other shorter videos later on, and GeminiTay’s video celebrating Minecraft’s 15th anniversary!

Today I had a lot of fun with all my gaming sessions 🙂. I felt like I didn’t do good in any of my games but it really made me happy that my teammates and everyone watching the streams were really supportive and kind 🙂. I still had a lot of fun! I wish this event was longer (I know I said this before; I just want to emphasize how fun this has been 🙂).

I had a nice pokemon chat with some new friends here 🙂 and it made me happy that they were interested in raiding with me some time (I’m still starting out) and offered to help me if I needed it. I got a female Sprigatito; I love getting female starters! I ended up going for the cat starter instead of Fuecoco because I want to try an all cat lineup run to beat the game as a little challenge for myself, and also it is hard to pass up on a cat even if I’m not a fan of the designs of its evolutions. They could grow on me a bit more.

I might be ready to start my second island soon; I got some more name ideas down for my rep . I only have one idea for my island name but I think I might use it. Though I may still wait maybe until tbtwc is over since it is really hard playing so many games as I have been lately. 😅 I’ll see. I may make it and just take my time 🙂.

Today was overall pretty good if not completely good 🙂.

Last edited:
Feeling a lot better with everything now honestly.
I have 12 questions left to write for my assessment, I just need to make the notes for them today inbetween playing games with everyone, and plan on looking for more shinies. (Get in my shiny net!)

I bought my friend a nice poster of a show he likes a while back, as well as a picture frame for it; but my frame after two weeks hasn't came so I went on support to them today, and they reordered it for me. Here's hoping it does come by the time I see them next!

And just been having fun playing switch games with everyone~

the copy of pokemon legends: arceus that i ordered got shipped yesterday! also thinking about buying splatoon 3 after reading some posts here in the discussion thread. the gradient colour joy-cons on the OLED edition are so cute too i'm real jealous

going to go and see troy hawke (comedian) again with my sibling and dad soon, super hyped for that. last saw him in october and just had to see him again on the same tour tbh ;u;

Very happy to see that Paper Mario TTYD remake is a success 🥰 hopefully this means Nintendo will return to their senses and realize this is just the right formula for the franchise. All that cash flow will hopefully put classic Paper Mario back on the map! But since I still have the original on GameCube, I won't be picking up the Switch remake. There's no point other than to just support the cause. That's like if I were to drop every penny in my wallet for a Wii U at the time just for the Wind Waker HD port (because it's my #1 favorite Zelda game) when I have a perfectly working original copy on the GameCube. That would be me spending money just for the pretty graphics, lmao

But let me just say, if I did NOT already own the original TTYD on GC (first of all I would be extremely sad) I would definitely have picked up the Switch remake (don't give those eBay scalpers a dime!)

Just for curiosity's sake, I booted up my TTYD save file to check it out. Clocked in 78 gameplay hours, max stats on Mario and his partners, got all recipes, all tattle logs and badges. And I had suddenly remembered I named the Yoshi kid "Skittles" 🧡 I chose orange for his color! I'm so happy about that!

Anyway, I'm so happy for TTYD remake existing that I also wanted to reflect upon Mario's partners and how I feel about each one. Here are my thoughts:

Paper Mario N64 partners
  • Goombario - just your average Mario fan boy lol the OG bonk fiend. I loved using his Tattle ability on everything as a kid. I enjoyed the music in Goomba Village so much that I would stick around just to listen to it.
  • Kooper - he's pretty cool. I always liked him.
  • Bombette - with the right timing, it's really satisfying blowing up enemies with the first strike. BOOM!!!
  • Parakarry - I like his mail delivery side quest, and I like that he makes a cameo appearance in TTYD. He's also not too bad in battle.
  • Lady Bow - she's terrifyingly cute and very good in battle. Slapping foes into submission is always so satisfying, plus she also makes a cameo appearance in TTYD.
  • Watt - when I was a kid, I had no clue what a Li'l Sparky even was! I was too dumb to realize they were those enemies in Super Mario World that move around platforms. She'll make you a pro at button mashing thanks to her battle abilities lol
  • Sushie - idk why but I think of her as grandma even though I don't think she's that old! I like her a lot, really amazing in battle!
  • Lakilester - meh, I honestly forget about him all the time. We didn't really need him for a partner. His overworld ability is useful, sure, but we have Parakarry for that, lol

Paper Mario TTYD partners
  • Goombella - just Goombario but a girl and in college lol I think she's great! Really iconic. Again, I love using her Tattle everywhere.
  • Koops - just Kooper but a coward lol I like that he's in an established relationship, though. Koopie Koo is a total kutie! (see what I did there lol) Lately I've been thinking how funny it would have been if she were your partner instead rather than Koops, but I still like Koops, too.
  • Madame Flurrie - I absolutely love her, LOVE her. She's always been so hilarious to me! She's just so extra for no reason lmao so bodacious, and those lips....those LIPS.... 👄🫦💋❤️❤️❤️ God, she makes me smile and laugh every single time. She's not afraid of being herself (unless her necklace goes missing, lol) Without a doubt my favorite partner ever, along with Lady Bow.
  • Yoshi Kid - he's adorable! It's such a neat detail that he doesn't just come in the default green, but instead you can get other colors too. A lot of fun for repeated playthroughs, because it can be different every time. How crazy would it have been if each color got a different personality, too?
  • Vivian - I like her, very memorable design. She's especially great in battle once she learns her final move.
  • Admiral Bobbery - just Bombette but old and a burly sailor man lol he's a big sad at first, but then learns to love again. Better love story than Twilight, sorry but I had to say it.
  • Ms. Mowz - yeah, no. I just don't like her, don't care about her. Most unnecessary partner ever. Just there for the funsies by the devs, I guess. Just there for filler, I guess. They thought she was cute, idk, but I just find her so forgettable.

But yeah, I'm so happy for TTYD remake actually being a thing, I can't get over how this is the best thing to ever happen.

Been a full day of participating in TBTWC! Watched a lot of streams, and participated where I could.

I managed to find my first two shinies today! A Jumpluff and a Lurantis. My shiny luck is not great, but I'm hoping I can find some more for my team!

Helped move furniture and sort stuff with my dad's house.

Dinner was really nice! And I played a round of scopa with my dad.

Today wasn’t good, but a few things that I’m happy about 🙂.

I got enough gems to pull again and I got one of the units that I wanted and one that wasn’t boosted on the part that I pulled on.

IMG_7390.png

And evolved, the art is:
IMG_7392.jpeg

I’m still not caught up so no idea if this is canon, but put in spoilers just in case.
I had to have this unit since Mihawk and Crocodile are two of my favorite characters (and their special seems really useful in the game) 🙂.

My brother in law sent me a nice birthday e-card from him, my sister, and my nieces 🙂.

I got a Wooper of the trait that I wanted earlier. 🙂

I got some mystery gift pokemon including another Sprigatito (female too) and a Quaxly! I’ll be getting a Fuecoco later too from @xSuperMario64x (tysm again ☺️💜💜).

My kitties both spent a good amount of time upstairs today with me ☺️. I really needed their cuddles today so it made me happy to have them with me.

I have my first competitive hide and seek tonight; I’m pretty nervous but am excited since I had fun with the friendlies 🙂 (I was the seeker then). Feeling kinda awkward though (can’t explain here).

I enjoyed watching today’s streams and chatting a little in chat with everyone 🙂.

I’m about halfway to being able to get one collectible (i think in earlier post i forgot how much the collectibles cost and how many points i needed >.<. i guess i’m not as close as i thought i was 😅).

That’s it for now. 🙂

Watched an episode of Hunter x Hunter with my parents this morning! Also got to see LDShadowLady’s Minecraft SOS finale later on this evening, which was truly spectacular ahahah

Poyo Puffs backdrop was released!! It's so cute I love it ;w;

Got to play in a round of ACNH Hide and Seek and spectate a couple of others! c:

Also did some sketching!

Today was a great day off. Woke up early and took Aurora for a nice morning walk. Had so much fun playing hide and seek a few times today on NH for the event. Tomorrow will be chaotic so spent the day at home. Saw a few of the different streams and played Pokemon Arceus. Finally caught my first shiny for the event. Hopefully I can catch a few more . Took Aurora on a short evening walk. Hope everyone had a great day.
IMG_6615.jpeg

Today was another great day! 😁

- I stayed up all night playing Wuthering Waves and just now finished the main story! I'm all the way to Union Level 23 now, and close to level 24. I have to say I'm surprised I was so hesitant to try this game. It's miles and miles better than Genshin Impact, and I feel like it'll only continue to grow as time goes on. 🎮

- The Dallas STARS! defeated the Edmonton Oilers 3-1 and tied the NHL Western Conference Finals at 1-1. Given that the Stars didn't go down 0-2 like they did against Vegas, I'm still fairly confident they'll win the series, especially given how good they are on the road. 🏒 🔥 💚

- I fed my kitties their special food and gave my favorite the entire can this time since she's been getting too skinny. 🐱

- Excited to watch new episodes of anime this weekend! 📺

- I'm glad I still have the next three days off until I got to go back to work. I'm probably going to sleep in tonight. 💤

My mood is still not that great and I’m feeling pretty drained & stressed, but my mood is picking up a little I think 🙂.

I’m happy today since I started my new island. I admit that I reset a lot; I regretted not saving when I got an island with two villagers I was interested in, so I was trying to get them again. I got one of them at least, Agnes and I got Tank 🙂. I’m still brainstorming ideas for how I want to decorate it even though I probably should focus on finishing my main island . I’m excited about the idea of starting a new island journal. Since it’s going to be different from my main island, I decided that I’ll have a background template commissioned 🙂. Now, I need to save up more tbt and come up with some more ideas.

Jewels snuggled with me under the blankets and fell asleep with her head resting on my legs when I woke up ☺️.

I’m really happy and grateful for my friends here. Last night I had a meltdown and I’m really grateful to have a friend to talk to and just the supportive reactions here. Really grateful to my team for being kind and supportive even though I got found first in the hide and seek and also especially since I haven’t been talking much in our team thread. My mood has been really unstable even though I’ve been having so much fun as I’ve been having & not to mention, feeling a bit awkward and shy >.<.

I’m looking forward to tonight’s splatoon sessions 🙂. I feel bad for not being as good as everyone else; I’m also grateful that everyone had been kind about it and that they all seem to be having fun still 🙂.

Tomorrow I have some Mario Party sessions maybe (not sure if I got the spot yet)! I’m looking forward to it if I do, since the other day was so much fun! 🙂

I love how supportive everyone is and kind to everyone regardless of their team in this event. I know this sounds silly, but I’ve played before with someone who yelled at me and someone else (they yelled at the other person thinking they were me, since I was doing bad) for doing bad on a mini game. I still feel bad for not doing good, but it eases a lot of my anxiety knowing that no one is mad or disappointed with me 🙂. I sometimes feel out of place even though I have plenty of friends here, but the kindness that everyone has been showing when watching me play has really made me happy and feel less insecure about myself.

I submitted my virtual interview for Target! It was obvious I was a little nervous, but I'm still hoping it goes well.
I ate something filling for the first time since Wednesday. I stated that I ate something yesterday, but it was only a few crackers. I finished some ramen noodles!
I'm participating in my first Mario Kart 8 session tonight! I had to withdraw a few days, but I'm feeling well enough to participate now!!

Whenever life feels slightly bleak, I'm glad to be loved by my older siblings. It's nice to get texts from them. It's something of a shining light for me.

I also get along with my sisters boyfriend (soon husband). Both of us love movies and we were talking about them for a while today.

Last year I was having an awful day. After hearing about it, he picked me up and we went to the movies together.

* Had sausage for lunch

* While I overheard something...very unfortunate this morning, the good news is:
This MAY cause my mom to go (maybe even move) to Houston, my maternal grandparent's home town. I MUCH rather to there to see my mom there, rather then the town I used to live in/she still lives in. That way, I can see my maternal grandparents as well, my mom has a more stable living situation, and I have wonderful memories of going to Houston to see my maternal grandparents. My mom's current living situation is a dumpster fire. NTM, my maternal grandparents house has a lot of space, provided my dad (and maybe to an extent, my mom) doesn't force me and my brother to stay with him in a hotel if we do go over there, which I overheard him say we may go to Houston at the end of the year. Going to my maternal grandparent's house is actually one of the very few vacation places I actually like going on.

I went to a local theme park today and had a lot of fun! We went on a few rides and got to try some of the limited food items that are happening right now. I liked 2 of the 3 items we tried which is a win in my book. We then finished our day with bringing home some sandwiches that are really good from the place thats close to our theme park.

I completed all my dailies today for Genshin, Honkai Star Rail and Wuthering Waves. I was able to play with some friends for trounce domains in genshin which was a lot of fun! and kind of funny too.

Back