Who do you want for president?

Who do you want for president?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
can someone explain to me how increasing the minimum wage is even remotely considered as up for debate at this point anymore?

like do you people opposed just not know of this magical thing in economics called inflation?

so you're ok with the cost of living being increased, but not the base level of pay to make that living?

just ????????

To be honest I think it'd be better off with either the same 7.25 or lower, If you walked around and asked I doubt you find many workers actually being paid 7.25...like I said thats for the most part a starting wage.

I looked up the Bureau of Labor and found this

In 2014, 77.2 million workers age 16 and older in the United States were paid at hourly rates, representing 58.7 percent of all wage and salary workers. Among those paid by the hour, 1.3 million earned exactly the prevailing federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. About 1.7 million had wages below the federal minimum. Together, these 3.0 million workers with wages at or below the federal minimum made up 3.9 percent of all hourly paid workers

26 percent of our workforce – earn less than $10.55 an hour.
No real need to raise the wage, just do the best you can in your area

Last edited:
She's obsessed with the idea of enforcing a no-fly zone in Syria. It's going to lead to war. Russia doesn't care; the most important thing right now is avoiding conflict with them.

Since my previous post got deleted because reasons I guess lmao

No it'll not lead to nuclear war. MAD still applies

Last edited:
To be honest I think it'd be better off with either the same 7.25 or lower

Seriously? Tell that to the family with two kids whose parents are unskilled and need to work two or three jobs in order to afford living. What do you think would happen if we lowered the minimum wage? Would they magically receive bachelors or associates degrees so they can move up in life? Will their jobs have pity on them and give them raise anyway? Or do you think they'll be content being paid 6 dollars an hour?

The more likely scenario? First they won't be able to feed their children. They'll start going to the food bank. But it's not enough--soon they can't pay their rent in their cramped and rundown apartment. Surprise! Now they're living in their minivan from the nineties. And what'll happen if little Bobby gets sick? They obviously can't afford health insurance. Plus, in many states, Republicans have blocked Medicaid expansion that would give these families a lifeline. And heaven forbid if their ancient minivan/home breaks down and needs some work.

THIS is why so many people have huge issues with Republicans. They're too busy worrying about their own fortunes or beliefs while simultaneously screwing over the small people. Instead of trying to make life better for everyone they are obsessed with building themselves up while putting others down.

//drops the mic

Seriously? Tell that to the family with two kids whose parents are unskilled and need to work two or three jobs in order to afford living. What do you think would happen if we lowered the minimum wage? Would they magically receive bachelors or associates degrees so they can move up in life? Will their jobs have pity on them and give them raise anyway? Or do you think they'll be content being paid 6 dollars an hour?

The more likely scenario? First they won't be able to feed their children. They'll start going to the food bank. But it's not enough--soon they can't pay their rent in their cramped and rundown apartment. Surprise! Now they're living in their minivan from the nineties. And what'll happen if little Bobby gets sick? They obviously can't afford health insurance. Plus, in many states, Republicans have blocked Medicaid expansion that would give these families a lifeline. And heaven forbid if their ancient minivan/home breaks down and needs some work.

THIS is why so many people have huge issues with Republicans. They're too busy worrying about their own fortunes or beliefs while simultaneously screwing over the small people. Instead of trying to make life better for everyone they are obsessed with building themselves up while putting others down.

//drops the mic

So pay everyone 100$ an hour, problem solved

And isnt their WIC and other programs to help people in that scenario anyways?
"building themselves up while putting others down" just like how oath2order has throwing out his insults right?

Last edited:
Since my previous post got deleted because reasons I guess lmao

No it'll not lead to nuclear war. MAD still applies

Which is why I stated that it will lead to a greater conflict of some sort. We can't just waltz into Syria like she so badly wants to with no repercussions. If only Bernie Sanders were still in the running...

Oh wait Hillary rigged him out of the system

Which is why I stated that it will lead to a greater conflict of some sort. We can't just waltz into Syria like she so badly wants to with no repercussions. If only Bernie Sanders were still in the running...

DNC =/= Hilldog.

DNC =/= Hilldog.

"building themselves up while putting others down" just like how oath2order has throwing out his insults right?

Oh my gosh. Thank you for proving my point.

Also, Republican's want to get rid of social services as a way of removing 'government bloat.' So, what would this family do if the Republicans have their way and eliminate WIC/food stamps?

Last edited:

TBH I don't think you understand how WIC and social safety nets work.

They're a net. They catch you when you fall, you're not supposed to live off them forvever

So just because I'm curious what you think ( Oath and Zoe ) what do you think unemployment for people 16-21 will look like if we bumped the wage up to 10 or even 15?

The FBI has cleared Hillary Clinton... again. That should put the whole email thing to rest.

well ****, now what will the news media obsess over for the next 24+ hours?

Probably Trump's fleeing from a rally, which his supporters are playing up as an assassination attempt, when in actuality it was a protester with a sign saying "Republicans against Trump" sign being beaten up and some supporter said "HES GOT A GUN" when he really didn't.

Back