• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Who are the best (and worst) squirrel villagers and why? 🐿️

Who's the best?

• Agent S

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Blaire

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Cally

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Caroline

• Filbert

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Hazel

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Ione

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Marshal

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Mint

• Nibbles

• Peanut

• Pecan

• Poppy

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Ricky or Sheldon (they all wouldn't fit so these two must share)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Sally

• Static

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Sylvana

• Tasha

• Total voters

.: Meri :.

-love brought me some eternal petals-
Bells
Switch
1708-1067-1998
Island
Lostglade
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
I'd consider Sylvana, Tasha, Pecan, and Mint to be the best squirrels! Sylvana is adorable and I'd probably consider her to be one of the cutest villagers overall, and I love that her coloration looks both natural and like a caramel swirl candy. Tasha is a secret agent skunk and I can't not love that, she's so mysterious! Pecan has a gorgeous design with lots of rich colors, and Mint is super cute with her big downturned eyes and bright colors.

Worst for me is Caroline—her eyes are super intense and her colors feel clashy and maybe somewhat oversaturated to me.

Oh, a squirrel thread! I thought that there was one missing animal! 🐿

I like most squirrel designs. However, some are better than others in my own opinion.

BEST: Ione, Static, Tasha

Ione is one of my favourites because of her night sky theme. Her tail is simply dazzling.

Static is another because of his lightning bolt design. I really can't think of anything else about him other than that.

Tasha looks like a skunk and I find that interesting considering we have Kicks, who is an actual skunk.

WORST: Hazel, Agent S

I don't like Hazel's unibrow and I don't like Agent S either. Other than Kid Cat, who is Number 1, it feels strange having Agent S (number 2) or Big Top (number 3) on your island without the others present. Just having Kid Cat is understable because he is Number 1, but 2 and 3 by themselves? No.

The best squirrel villagers are Ione, Poppy, Marshal, and Peanut!! Ione is beautiful and glows in the dark, Marshal is my birthday twin, Poppy is cute cottagecore vibes, and Peanut is pink lmao

There's so many great squirrel villagers though, I tried voting for like 8 of them!!

The only squirrel villagers I don't like are Agent S and Sheldon.. bleh

Best: Marshal!
because he's cute. and also my ACNL character was dressed the same before he came out (white hair, denim vest) and when i saw him i was like ?!?! my baby... twinsies...
despite getting a second copy of ACNL and cycling villagers forever trying to get him, he never came home though until ACNH. and we wont talk about my amiibo card quest for him or for niko, neither of whom i ever got. one day. at least getting villagers in acnh doesnt require so much timetravelling. rip nmt.

I also really like Ione and Static! Ione for obvious starry reasons, and Static because... he's a cute cranky villager! that i actually have the amiibo card for. and i used him to evict an unexpected villager who ruined my hunting. my hero.

I think most of the squirrels are cute, so picking a least favourite is hard. I think I'd have to go with Nibbles, just because her eyes stare into my soul. im sorry nibbles youre still cute but dang (⊙ˍ⊙)

Poppy and Ione my beloveds forever and always!! I already rambled about Poppy in a different thread earlier, so I’ll try not to ramble too much here, but she’s one of my favourite villagers in general! She just has such a preciously cute design, I can’t help but want to squish her little face.
IMG_5921.png
Ione is so gorgeous!! I love her space theme so much, and I think it’s so cool that she glows in the dark! I also really like her house interior; I think it suits her well!

I‘m also big fans of Hazel and Marshal! I’ve always found Hazel’s unibrow to be so endearing, and her “uni-wow” catchphrase is iconic. I was so excited to have her in New Leaf, but I don’t think she liked me as much as I liked her, because she was asking to move out only a week or so after moving in. She would ask nearly every other week, too, until I eventually just let her go. 😂 Marshal is of course a precious little marshmallow, and reminds me of the lovely @/That Marshal Fangirl! His little grumpy face is so adorable, but his little grins are heartwarming as well! Pecan, Sylvana and Peanut are cuties also!

I think my least favourite squirrel is Agent S. The only superhero villagers I like are Kid Cat and Big Top, and Agent S just doesn’t appeal to me all that much. I’m sure I’d warm up to her if I ever had her, though!

Poppy and Ione my beloveds forever and always!! I already rambled about Poppy in a different thread earlier, so I’ll try not to ramble too much here, but she’s one of my favourite villagers in general! She just has such a preciously cute design, I can’t help but want to squish her little face. View attachment 537737 Ione is so gorgeous!! I love her space theme so much, and I think it’s so cool that she glows in the dark! I also really like her house interior; I think it suits her well!

I‘m also big fans of Hazel and Marshal! I’ve always found Hazel’s unibrow to be so endearing, and her “uni-wow” catchphrase is iconic. I was so excited to have her in New Leaf, but I don’t think she liked me as much as I liked her, because she was asking to move out only a week or so after moving in. She would ask nearly every other week, too, until I eventually just let her go. 😂 Marshal is of course a precious little marshmallow, and reminds me of the lovely @/That Marshal Fangirl! His little grumpy face is so adorable, but his little grins are heartwarming as well! Pecan, Sylvana and Peanut are cuties also!

I think my least favourite squirrel is Agent S. The only superhero villagers I like are Kid Cat and Big Top, and Agent S just doesn’t appeal to me all that much. I’m sure I’d warm up to her if I ever had her, though!
I have the exact same takes, Poppy and Ione are my two favorite squirrels too LOL

There are a loooot of good options for squirrels but those two still come to mind immediately. Seriously Poppy is SO adorable, her base outfit in NH is cute asf and she's such a darling. She gives off "must protect" vibes... which I say about a lot of villagers but IT'S STILL TRUE😭

I've talked about Ione in a different thread before too, but to summarize: she's pretty, her space aesthetic is beautiful and she freaking glows in the dark ✨
Like you mentioned I think Ione's house interior fits rlly well and is generally really nice to look at. I think the same thing applies to Poppy's house too tho, I just love the autumn theme and forest-based furniture lol

I can never rlly think of a least favorite off the top of my head but mm... maybe Ricky...? just cos his design looks perpetually mad lol

I voted for Poppy! I love the rich deep red of her fur, and it contrasts so nicely with her off-white/cream fur. I also love her face, she's literally just :> and I'm living for it. I also really love the style of her eyes! I said it in another post about Ellie, but Poppy's eyes also remind me of 1930's cartoons and I'm such a sucker for that style. She's such a cutie and I'm surprised I haven't considered her as a dreamie. 🤔

My least favourite squirrel villager is Ricky I'd say? I had to look through them all and I guess something about him to me makes him look strange in comparison to the other squirrels. He doesn't really seem like a villager to me for some reason, and his facial proportions and features are just odd. Like bro your eyes are touching... it's kind of giving Sonic skfdkgkf.

My favorite squirrels are Peanut, Mint, Static, Marshal and Tasha. I like all of the squirrel villagers in New Horizons, Ricky and Sheldon aren't really my thing but they are fine!

I have had Marshal, Mint, Static and Agent S on my island before and I enjoyed having them. Not much to say about most of the squirrel villagers as I haven't had them but they all look cute.

Squirrels are definitely up there as one of my favourite species in the game! There's a lot of cute ones for sure.

Best:
Pecan - She has the most perfect little sassy eyes and her name is really cute too. Also biased because she's on my island.
Blaire - I like her design, she looks really friendly and innocent.
Mint - She's just the most beautiful colour with a perfect name to match.
(Shout out: Static, Agent S, Sylvana, Marshal)

Worst:
Ricky - Not super in to the unibrow going on here. (A lot of people hate on Hazel's brow but Ricky is so much worse) and I don't really care for his angry scowl mouth either.
Nibbles - Her eyes are a little haunting and I don't care for her teeth (it does fit with her name though even I can admit)

As of right this moment I'd say my favorite is probably Tasha? I like her black and white fur coloration and her orange eyes. I haven't had her as a resident of any of my towns or on my island, but having seen a picture of her house's interior design in New Horizons I like that too; I'd probably change out the Stormy-Night Wall though.

Static and Pecan are close runners-up, I don't know which I like more so I guess they'd be tied for second. Static's purple fur with the yellow and green accents and the lightning bolt look very nice. Meanwhile, I've always liked Pecan's design as well. They both have very nice interior design to their homes in New Horizons as well. I've never had either as a resident in any of my games, but I'd love to have them in the future if they fit whatever theme I come up with.

Ione is third. Her light blue fur color and pale blonde hair look nice and her starry tail is really cool. I got a second Switch, previously owned, so that I could make another island and I'm planning to potentially have her as a resident because I feel like she'd fit the vibe. I just need to figure out what to name that island.

I guess Agent S might be fourth. I had her as a resident of my main New Leaf town for a time until I eventually replaced her with someone more fitting of the town's theme. I tend to like, or at least appreciate on some level, villagers that have unique aspects to their design that set them apart from the pack visually. As such, I like Agent S's superhero theming and helmet and I like that she's part of a superhero group alongside Big Top, Kid Cat and Rocket. Her only downside is the lack of a nose, which is a personal pet peeve with some of the animal designs.

Blair is probably fifth. She was (or is, I don't remember at the moment) a resident of my town in the GameCube game so she and I go way back. A bit plain as far as my modern tastes are concerned, but I still like her due to our history.

Caroline, Poppy and Sylvana have pretty nice designs too. Never had any of them as a resident.

I'm not sure which Squirrel I think is the worst. I don't really strongly dislike any of them. Maybe Cally because of her eyes, but her tail pattern is pretty cool.

Suffice it to say that, as far as my tastes are concerned, the Squirrels are pretty stacked with nice designs.

Filbert, Ione, Marshal and Tasha are my favorites. Tasha especially has a very unique look to her and she would be a second option for snooty villagers on my island. 😊

Ione, Static, Filbert, Sylvana, and Poppy have the best squirrel designs.

I don't like Peanut at all, she looks like a psycho who's about to kill someone.

I think Blaire is my favorite but I also like Tasha and Sylvana. I love all their colors and markings. They seem unique and honestly Tasha is the closest we can have as a skunk villager. Tasha was almost picked as top squirrel in my book. They come very close.
Blaire's catch phrase (nutlet) is just adorable.

Worst is probably Agent S or Ricky.

My favorite squirrel villager is Mint! Honorable mentions go to Static, Ione, and Caroline.

My thoughts on each of the squirrel villagers:

Agent S: I mentioned this in the cat villager thread when talking about Kid Cat, but I'm not a big fan of the superhero villagers, mostly because of their helmets.

Blaine: She's cute. I like her markings, and the orange color inside her ears looks good with her fur color.

Cally: I think she's cute as well, but she doesn't stand out to me as much as some of the other squirrel villagers do.

Caroline: She's so bright and colorful. I love the contrast of her big blue eyes with her orange fur.

Filbert: His coloration is great, but his facial features are a bit bland for me.

Hazel: I like the buck teeth and the color of her inner ears.

Ione: Her color scheme is amazing, and I adore her starry tail. She just has a great design.

Marshal: I like his facial expression, blush, the cream color of his fur, and the light purple inner ear color.

Mint: I've always thought she was adorable. The mint-colored fur is great, and she has a super cute face.

Nibbles: The teal fur and yellow markings work well together.

Peanut: I don't like her color scheme as much, but I do feel like it suits her peppy personality.

Pecan: I like her eyes and coloration.

Poppy: The pie-eyed look isn't my favorite for villagers, but she's still cute. I love her inner ear color.

Ricky: He has a really distinct face and expression. Not my favorite, but he's charming.

Sally: She's another that doesn't particularly stand out to me, but she's cute.

Sheldon: Like Ricky, he has a distinct expression, but his isn't as charming as Ricky's to me.

Static: He just looks cool. The lightning bolt mark, his expression, his color scheme... All perfect.

Sylvana: She's cute. I really like her markings.

Tasha: She's my fifth favorite after Mint and my honorable mentions. I love her skunk-like appearance.

Anyother species where I like most of the villagers... My favourite male one is easily Marshal but I can't choose my favourite female one... Agent S, Caroline, Ione, Mint and Pecan are all up there though. (Pecan actually shares a birthday with one of my friends!)

I don’t really have a best of worst of any of the squirrels they are all cute. I don’t think I’ve had one on my island yet.

I would love to have lone on my island sometime as we share the same birthday. And I love her colour theme she would be look so good amongst my island.

I love them all except for Ricky and Sheldon. I have a special place in my heart for Poppy, and I even drew a cute gijinka (as a human) fanart of her.

mine are sylvana, mint, peanut, static, and poppy.

sylvana because she just moved onto my island and she's fab. mint and peanut because they were some of my first villagers in wild world. static bc i just think he's cool and poppy because she's so cute!

God, I love squirrel villagers.

I currently have Blaire, Mint, Static, Ione, and Peanut in my town. Highly considering Poppy. I love them all!!

Back