• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Who are the best and worst rhino villagers, and why? šŸ¦

Favourite rhino villagers?

• Azalea

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Hornsby

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Merengue

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • RenĆ©e

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Rhonda

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Spike

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Tank

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Xara

the april fool
Bells
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Yellow Rose
Prismatic Easter Egg
My Melody Easter Egg
White Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Jumping onto the bandwagon here, but I thought itā€™d be fun to talk about our favourite and least favourite rhinos! I didnā€™t realize there were only 9, with only 7 of them appearing in New Horizons. :ā€™o

My favourite is Merengue! I havenā€™t grown out of loving the cutesy villagers as Iā€™ve gotten older, and I think Merengue is absolutely adorable! Her dessert-themed design is so cute, and her little strawberry horn and ears are so precious!! Sheā€™s such a sweetie, I love her!
IMG_5905.png
My second favourite is Azalea! I was really happy to see her return in the 2.0 update. She has such a pretty design; I love the flower around her horn! Iā€™m partial to Spike as well, mostly because he reminds me of @/Hobowire (I hope youā€™re doing well homie), and Hornsby is also a cutie!

I know theyā€™re not in New Horizons, but I think Patricia and Tiara were cuties as well. Patriciaā€™s watermelon horns were adorable, and Tiaraā€™s design was so simplistically pretty! Iā€™d love to see them return in a future game.

My least favourite rhino has always been Tank. Heā€™s not a bad villager by any means, but his design just doesnā€™t do anything for me. Itā€˜s boring imo.

my number one rhino has always been tank šŸ˜­ he's one of my original villagers so i have a major soft spot for him, when he left my new leaf town i was so distraught and made him a memorial. he's kind of just an unoriginal, standard rhino but i love his little leaf hat... it's so cute. hornsby has gotten up there for me too, he's such a pretty colour and he's such a cutie! like a little baby.

my least favourite is renee, she's too much of a fluorescent eyeburning pink for me and she looks a little mean imo. like a highschool bully lol. i'm also not a fan of her hair, it kind of looks like splattered bubblegum, gross.

My favorite Rhino villager is probably Merengue because of her unique design. I like to bake, so I think her design is pretty cute and endearing.

Spike is a close second because I had him as a resident in my GameCube town and he's kind of nostalgic, the stitches add some character to his design, and I like his golden horns, ears and arm and leg bands. I also like Rhonda.

My least favorite Rhino is Hornsby. He's just a bit too plain compared to the rest of the Rhino villagers.

I'm partial Azalea and Hornsby, because blue is my favorite color, and Hornsby is also one of my old villagers, as well!

I don't like RenƩe, she looks like she's on drugs, and I have a personal vendetta with Merengue, she's overrated, boring, and bland! She's also the reason I reset my New Leaf town, she would never move out!

Merengue is a queen, I love her so much. I also love Azalea, and Hornsby is pretty cute. I didn't care for Renee but she's growing on me, she looks tough. Tank is also cute. Spike is alright. Rhonda... no thank you

We need more rhino villagers honestly

Best:
Hornsby - Hornsby takes the #1 spot for me. I had him on my island so I definitely like him for sentimental reasons, I also like his name as reference to rhinos horns. His design is plain and simple but sometimes that's a good thing!
Azalea - She's one of the best villagers introduced in the 2.0 update in my opinion. I like her sassy eye and the flower design on her nose.
Merengue - She can't not be mentioned because her design is just SO unique and also really cute, but I do think she is overhyped.

Worst:
RenĆØe - There's just a few things about her design that are off for me. I don't like how her hairline comes so far down on to her nose (that's the best way I could describe it but I'm bad at rhino anatomy) and her eyes don't seem friendly.
Rhonda - Again just not a fan of her eyes. I think her design would fit better for a snooty.

I really like RenƩe. I like her eyes especially because of her bottom lashes. She gives off a sukeban style which I think is pretty cool. She fits that look because sisterly's have a tough exterior but a soft interior; so her being a delinquent girl who likes gardening is very cute. I remember I drew her for one of the TBTWC cheers.

Rhonda would be my least, she's just an odd design. I also don't care for the normal personality too much.

I can't join everyone in disliking RenƩe - I've had RenƩe live in my town before and I loved having her around, her personality was a great addition and I also really liked her style with her strong eyeliner and accentuated bottom eyelashes. I wouldn't say she is my favourite rhino villager though, that would be Merengue as her design is just too cute. I also love baking and all things pink, so it's a pretty obvious choice for me. That reminds me I need to check whether I have her card so i can ask her to move in... if and when I finally make the choice of letting my current residents move out when they ask to.

Azalea is the best rhino imo! So glad she came back because she has a really nice, cohesive design and I love her colors. RenƩe gives me "delinquent with a hidden heart of gold" vibes and while she doesn't match my normal aesthetics, I still really like her! Her profile from Pocket Camp also leans into this idea. Rhonda has a very elegant aesthetic but I feel like I don't see her often? I quite like her for it though.

I don't think I have a least favorite rhino! If we're counting older villagers who haven't returned, maybe Patricia? The watermelon slice horns could've been really cute, but she looks like cheese.

Merengue is my favorite rhino villager! I like everything about her aesthetic. I also like hornsby! My least favorite villager would have to be Rhonda, I had her on my island at one point and I just donā€™t like her.

Merengue!

I know, she's not peppy, but in this case that's ok. She looks like dessert! That would be cute to have on the island. And normal villagers are ok.

I haven't met any peppy rhinos (do they even exist?), so I'm going on aesthetics.

I think Spike would be fun to have, as I do like cranky villagers, but that spot on my island is currently being held by walt.

RENƉE IS A QUEEN! *cough* Sorry I just grew really attached to her after having her as a starter on my first island ;~; I just love her delinquent vibes and sisterly is one of my favourite personalities!

Second favourite would have to be Azalea- I adore her little flower horn design~! āœæ

Least favourite would be Tank- nothing against him, I just like everyone else's designs a bit more.

Hornsby is pretty cute, I have him on my island and he is always such a silly little guy. We love Hornsby. Merengue is pretty cool too, I think she was camping in my town recently. I love her cute little strawberry horn!

Tank or Spike are probably my least favorite, even though Tank is a classic rhino, I just don't really vibe with his design.

I'm not much of a fan of the rhinos. Like the hippos I feel like they are too bulky or the designs don't really fit well. That being said, I think some rhino designs are good.

BEST: Merengue and Azalea

Merengue was on my NL town. I had her as a "living dessert" and so I got know her well then. I like how her horn is a strawberry on a cake and that she is pastry chef. I think that aesthetic is just perfect.

Azalea is new but I really like her design. Like with Merengue, I like how they play with the horn to make it look like a flower.

WORST: Renee

Sorry Renee fans! I just don't really like her. Its the eyes. They look mean and I don't like mean looking villagers (like Bella, for example) so I tend to not invite them.

Best:
Merengue: This is peak design! the strawberry horn? I am in love with her desert concept. She is super popular and it's DESERVED!
Tank: I love the leaf at the back of his head. That's all.
Azalea: Nice colour and the flower nose is cute!

Worst:
RenĆØe: Why is she so cranky looking TuT I love pink but she's a bit too pink for my taste
Rhonda: She just rubs me the wrong way in every way ^^'

I love Azalea and her design especially the big flower around her horn.

We need more Rhinos...

I love Merengue so much, I had her since New Leaf (She's still in my main town now~!) and I liked her even before I knew how popular she was. I like Spike, Rhonda, Tank, Azalea and Hornsby. Only one I dislike is Renee. But there's no harm in trying her out. I think her wearing the sailor uniform doesn't help.
She reminds me of in Spongebob, and Mr Crabs daughter for some reason XD

I dig with Merengue and Azalea.

Merengue is one of those food villagers, which always capture my attention so I will have her as my favorite. She's living on my island now.
Azalea I'd love to have but I have my snooties that I already want to have on my island so having 3 snooties would (In my opinion) be a little overkill.

My least favorites has to be RenƩe. Pretty boring design, but I get what the design is going for.

Back