• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your favourite device to watch movies on?

What's your favourite device to watch movies on?

• TV

Votes: 68 63.0%
  • Computer

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Laptop

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • Tablet

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Phone

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
I will go for laptop as I'm able to stay in bed with it. I wouldn't mind hooking up my laptop to the TV so I can have a bigger picture but for somereason my wire to do so wont work. ;-;

I prefer my ginormo tablet. It has a huge screen and it isn't as far away as the tv. Plus I can wear headphones and turn up the volume as loud as I want and I am still in the comfort of my bed!

Why is phone even an option?

You would need a telescope powered by NASA to even see it.

TV!

Television. My parents gave me their old 47" TV when they bought a new one last year. Much better than my 13" laptop screen.

laptop because i hate watching movies with a voiceover (lector? dubbing? idk what theyre called) in my language, and most channels here dont offer the option to turn it off and put subtitles on. so i watch everything on my laptop, either rent it or look for movies online because id rather see it on a smaller screen than have to deal with the translator ruining the experience!

I've actually really been into watching movies on tablet recently, I've been kinda fatigued lately so it's nice when I can lie down to watch a movie.

I like watching movies on the TV. I can kick back on the couch, put my feet up and watch on a big screen. I don't like trying to watch anything other than short videos on a smaller screen.

TV, but sometimes my laptop. It just depends, but I prefer more the TV as it's a much bigger screen and I can lay down on my bed in my room and watch the movies on my DVD player or I watch it downstairs on the better TV and sit on the couch and relax. I don't watch many movies these days, but I think I might eventually.

Tv! But nine times out of ten, I have my laptop plugged into it haha.

It depends on the experience I'm looking to have. Personally, I prefer watching movies on a phone because it's more convenient than searching for the movie disc or hooking up the bluray player to my tv, also I can take my phone anywhere with me.

I like watching movies on TV, if I'm watching it in a group, that way everyone can see and hear the movie clearer

I've tried watching movies on a tablet, but it gets annoying to hold after a while, since it's big and fairly heavy, so definitely not my preferred method.

I love watching things on my tablet in bed, my laptop would be too warm and heavy for that.

I exclusively watch movies on the television. Other than a computer or laptop, all of the other listed options seem suboptimal and more of a bother than they're worth. Being able to just watch stuff on the big screen and not have to worry about holding or propping up some device is way more convenient. Plus, it's how I've always done it, growing up back in the era of VHS tapes. In addition, and related, I far prefer physical media over digital and so I'd rather pop in a DVD or something instead of streaming. While I will stream stuff as well, some stuff just isn't available on those services. So yeah, watching a DVD with a DVD player/BluRay player/game console on the television is definitely the way to go for me.

Going to the theater is nice as well, but it's a rarity for me since my tastes and interests tend to lean more toward older stuff and I've only been to the theater a few times in the past decade. Not a home device so only tangentially related, but I saw it mentioned in some earlier posts so figured I'd add it in.

PC, because I can adjust the size of the video player and make it easier on my eyes.

When I'm alone I'd say computer.
But when I'm with friends or family I like to watch movies on TV, or even go to the cinema! I used to go very often but I moved and now the cinema is too expensive for what it is. No food, no pop-corn, and no movies! Either we wait weeks to see good movies finally arrive, or we don't go because it's too crowded.

I like laying in bed when watching movies, but I need my glasses to watch from my bed and I don?t like wearing my glasses, especially when laying down. So I usually have to force myself to sit closer to the TV to watch something.

I don?t like watching shows/movies on my phone, I mostly use my phone for Youtube. Funnily enough, I?m probably one of the few people that used the Netflix app on the 3DS, mostly to watch shows. Watched the bulk of Supernatural on it, lol. I just like how you can set it down without a stand or having to hold it in your hand. Super convenient way to watch TV in bed.

If the Switch had a sturdier stand, that?d probably be my ideal way of watching movies in bed. Oh, and if it had Netflix...

Last edited:
Back