• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's one discontinued item you'd bring back?

Lay's kettle cooked lattice cut aged cheddar and black pepper chips. I used to eat them in high school and they were delicious!
00028400242981-LtFuSyQIYB2Iw-0_s500.jpg

Then there's Quaker kids' mix... my elementary served these as part of our lunches a few times... and I went absolutely wild for them because they were so good, in stark contrast to most of the other school lunch products lol.
00028400053174-24EZ8i8WL5PApHW-en-US-0_s500.jpg

There's a petition you can sign to try to get them to bring 'em back! ^^

I think I'd most want the seasonal Pumpkin Spice milkshake from Steak 'n Shake to make a return. I don't generally eat fast food, but I like milkshakes as a treat sometimes, and these milkshakes tasted fantastic. They were a nice thing to look forward to in the Autumn months a few years ago, but they seem to have been one of the victims of cost cutting and overhaul since the company faced financial woes during the pandemic. I think the last time they had these was 2019.

9uKhubD.png

---
Some other discontinued things I'd like to see return:

- The first things that came to mind when I saw the thread title were the colored EZ-Squirt ketchups that Heinz put out in 2000. As you can guess from the name, they were ketchup bottles that were targeted toward children due to the easier squeezing and the ketchups came in funky colors like blue, green, and purple. I don't use ketchup often because I find it unnecessary, but you can bet I'd use it more if I had these color options. The dyes are undoubtedly probably terrible for you considering what they say about the more common food dyes, but hey, so are all the sugar, chemicals, and additives in the rest of the American food supply.

X11uAGT.png

- Hershey put out a Pumpkin Spice flavor of Hershey Kisses back in 2017. I enjoyed the flavor, but they disappeared. I think they might have done a limited run of them in 2018 and then by 2019 they were just done. As someone who loves pumpkin spice flavored foods, it is disappointing that they didn't keep them around each year.

PrcEMOt.png

- When Unilever's Klondike brand announced that they were discontinuing the Choco Taco last year, I got sort of interested in trying one. I never got the chance to though. I'd like to try one just to satisfy my curiosity.

Trolli Eggs: I'm pretty sure these are discontinued now because I can't find them on their official website and they're like $6-7 a bag on Amazon... I can't find these in my local grocery stores anymore either! It makes me a little sad because I love these! They're little gummy drops covered in a hard candy shell. I love gummies with both crunch and chewiness so these were always my go-to if I wanted to sweeten up my day a bit!

811kZPdz7PL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

3d doritos they were cute

pepsi twist also devil's food snackwells when nabisco owned the brand

View attachment 506309

i would commit many crimes to have yogos again. they were one of my fave treats when i was a kid, especially the strawberry and berry ones, and i miss them so much 😫 don’t be cowards kellogg’s give them back to me!!

i also want nestlé’s dibs back very badly. i don’t think they were discontinued, but they haven’t been available in canada (at least where i live) in years :’(

View attachment 506312

i miss my beloved snacks fr
yep, I remember those too, I miss them so much 😭

i used to love this chocolate peanut butter spread that resse's made? i don't know if it was a promotional item or something but having a little bit of that on some warm toast was so good. i love nutella but this had more of a nutty and a tiny bit of saltier taste to it. it was so goooood i miss it

vegi pesto.jpg

domino's released this pizza (limited edition) about over a year ago (around last spring) and i remember ordering it multiple times during summer and having the time of my life whilst doing a consume. it was so good!! thought it would have been brought back this summer but that has not been the case. there's no option toppings-wise for courgettes or pesto on the regular veggie supreme ;_;

My first thought was Mars Delight - used to love that chocolate bar but didn’t have it as much as I wish I had now as I always presumed it was there to stay, was really disappointed when it disappeared from the shelves and I realised it wasn’t coming back.

Though thinking it through there are quite a few chocolate products I really miss. The Galaxy Truffle was a fave of mine in the Celebrations selection and I always thought it was awful that it was kicked out. Another one is Mingles - box of mint chocolates in different varieties that I loved eating at Xmas, plus Cadbury Dream - think these are still available in the odd store in the UK bought over from abroad but they’re expensive now and hard to find.

Potbelly had a tomato/mozarella/pesto/chicken sandwich for a while. How hard is it to bring that back???!!

I actually wish they would bring back New Coke and Crystal Pepsi. I just like the feeling of having a choice.

Sadly, there is no stuffed mushroom irrestitables burger me and my parents loved those sadly they no longer in circulation anymore which pretty much ****ing sucks.

I’d pick several 80s and 90s dolls, particularly the Hasbro Jem and the Holograms and Maxie dolls, some popular Barbies with collectors like Totally Hair, Jewel Hair Mermaid, and Beauty Secrets as they are all highly sought after and are usually costly on eBay if they are in decent condition, and the Talking Jill doll which is an extremely impressive doll for the time she was out as she used a four way track tape and depending on how you answered her questions, the tape would give you a different result and she also moved her head, mouth, and arms as she talked and also blinked occasionally. The Jill doll is definitely something that should come back because she was way ahead of her time and it’s still pretty impressive how smoothly she turned her head and moved her arms.

I have so many that I couldn't pick just one 😭
Firstly, I'd love for the Cheetos Twisted Puffs to come back; technically they taste no different than a standard Cheetos Puff, but I loved the shape and it was always kind of fun to eat lol
1697582731103.png

Second, the Pokémon Pop-Tarts that were sold in the 90's! I loved these, and they came with a Pokémon toy! The bright yellow frosting and Pokémon-shaped sprinkles are so nostalgic, I'd be over the moon to see it back on shelves, especially considering how popular Pokémon still is to this day 🥹
1697582767106.png

Lastly, I'd love for the ORIGINAL SnackWell's devil's food cookies to come back, not the awful "new" recipe they changed it to before it was discontinued 😞
They were so soft and chewy and fudgy, it's a shame they're no longer here as they were another nostalgic treat of the 90's for me 😞
Screenshot 2023-10-17 180255.png

I'd bring back the Snapple Elements drinks. Those things were tasty and refreshing, and they came in really cool bottles.

Snapple Elements - Earth, Rain, Sun, Fire.jpg

My favorite was the sun flavor. I saved some of the empty bottles because they're cool looking. But it would be so nice to actually get to drink it again.

And I know the thread title says "one," but I also would want to bring back PB Crisps. Those were delicious.

P.B. Crisps - peanut butter cookies.JPG

Back