• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What do you miss most about ACG?

lindseynewleaf

Bells
I put a lot of time into this game, as a kid. I loved talking to villagers. They seemed to have more to say and hold more interesting conversations than ACNL villagers.

I, also, miss morning aerobics in the summer and how excited you would get when you would see Tortimer just randomly walking around a part of your town. I liked being able to go into the lighthouse. I loved the lost and found in the police station and the dump. (ACNL is severely lacking a dump in the game. I hate having to pay to get rid of items that I don't want.)

Most of all, I miss the music. I hope in future games they'll include an option to switch to play with previous game's soundtracks. In my opinion, ACG had the best music. (though, I do love when it rains in NL)

The website, though I haven't actually been there when it was open. Why is there nothing like that for new leaf D:

Acres, and the soundtrack. No matter how many new titles come out, nothing will beat Population Growing's soundtrack to me.

I agree on the soundtrack. It felt a lot more active and made even strolling through town at 1AM a lot more fun.
I'd also wish that villagers had more dialogue like in ACG, but I might be in the minority when I say I actually like how even snooties are not jerks anymore. :)

I miss how sometimes a basketball or soccer ball would randomly appear, and the villagers would interact with it and kick it around.

I also miss the soundtrack, of course.

I miss how sometimes a basketball or soccer ball would randomly appear, and the villagers would interact with it and kick it around.

I also miss the soundtrack, of course.

^All this and the gyroid in front of your house.

I miss the Sports festival and cherry blossom festival (?, not sure that's the actual name)

Wait wait... since when could you go into the lighthouse?

when Tortimer goes on vacation, but it's a limited time, and many, MANY times I rushed home to get there in time to turn the frikkin thing on- see why I fell in love with the handheld version in 2005 after realizing I'd never again rush to keep from missing an event since the thing is always with me?

Back