• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Furniture you miss from previous games?

Zane

today works for me, satan
Bells
Golden Watering Can
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
As we all know NH famously did not bring back several sets that were present in the other games (regal, lovely, modern, etc). Which furniture items from NL or beyond do you miss the most in NH?

For me I really miss the kitschy fish and bug sets from New Leaf - most notably the crab clock, football fish lamp, and my beloved, the cicada stereo. <\3

I also miss the Rainbow Screen. There’s been many occasions in NH where I’m like “that would fit here perfectly” and then I remember it doesn’t exist.

I'm missing soooo many of the old sets! 😔

Maybe they're out there, and I just haven't gotten them yet, but boy there's a bunch.

Princess furniture! I used to change my furniture with the seasons in my old town. I'd have princess furniture in spring, sweets in fall and winter.

I had the gorgeous furniture, which cost a fortune. All of the good ones were $$$ haha. And the regal, rococco (i can't spell that). So many I haven't seen in new horizons. And it seems like some are just different? Like, the lovely furniture kinda looked like the nh cute furniture, but not quite? It's different enough to not really be the lovely, but i mean, it does come in pink, sort of...

I miss the card series! i loved it in acnl, and i just think it'd be really cute as an exterior decoration.

i feel like a lot of the more "strange" items are just not around (rip all the toys, dolls, chess pieces and stuff that didn't make it to ACNH. i loved you.) 🥲

Rococo furniture being removed truly haunts me every day (as far as i am informed, rococo has not been revived in New Horizons via updates). i suppose it is not the biggest suprise considering it is a New Leaf exclusive set. The same cannot be said for the regal set.

The Alpine Series, that is what I consider the best newly added series added in New Leaf.

Another one I miss is the Astro Series. Why'd they have to get rid of it? Mira in New Leaf used all the furniture in that game, and with the absence of said series she has to deal with a stage play of a Triceratops sanctuary... Why? That doesn't fit her theme at all!

Another one would be the Garden Tools and Cornstalks . I can't believe those two furniture had to be cut in NH, Farmcore players would love those!

And while the Sleek Series are in NH rebranded as the Cool Series, there's still several items from the Series missing.

I don’t know how I forgot about the princess set and sweets set, those were two of my favorites!!! I liked to mix and match them in my upstairs room. ;;

there were so many sets I loved in NL that I wish were still around, but I think sweets and alpine might be the biggest losses!

Obviously the GracieGrace themes, especially the Gorgeous and Sweets Series. I also miss the Astro Series, the Robo Series, the Jingle Series, and the Ice Series.

For individual items, the Aurora Screen, the 3DS, the Snow Machine, the Snowmobile, the Bobsled, and the Sprinkler.

The actual Cabana series. Rattan doesn't do it for me.

I liked having that consistency of items between sets and series.

I miss almost all the missing furniture!! I especially miss all the old plants.. I can't believe Pothos and Caladium didn't make the cut. I miss the full Sloppy Series, the old Fish/Insect series, I miss the Polka Dot series and the Sweets series (all of the Gracie sets, really). I also miss the 7/11 set, it's so weird and fun to see.

And yeah I also really miss the Rainbow Screen and Aurora Screen, those are some of the most memorable furniture items in the whole dang franchise

Omg there's so many good sets from past games that I miss 😭😭😭 I don't understand why they didn't bring them back princess, sweets, 7/11, gorgeous etc etc

The Balloon set. It was so weird, ugly and loud. It was perfect! Why did we only get the hat?

edit: We got an underwater wallpaper with swimming fish, why couldn't we get a balloon wallpaper with floating balloons?

Last edited:
I don't know. I feel like there's so many that I'd take forever to list them. Overall I miss the surreal wacky furniture. NH feels too modern for my taste? I do miss the sweet set from Gracie, but there are so many more. Like both the bug and fish tourney furniture. I love almost all of it. Anemone bed, crab clock, angler-fish lamp? A cicadas stereo (and if I recall right the wings vibrated when it was turned on?) I miss that kind of stuff. In comparison the stuff we got for the same event in NH feels like it should had been included in Nook's shop. It's very generic/basic.

I don't know the furniture in NH (especially before 2.0 update) kinda felt sterilized compared to NL's variety.

HOW IS THERE NOT A CHESS SET I WANT A CHESS GARDEN.

Chess Set
View attachment 549512
Cart Return
View attachment 549513
Garden Tools
View attachment 549514
Harvest Series
View attachment 549515
Lovely Phone
View attachment 549516
Mahjong Table
View attachment 549517
Minimalist Series
View attachment 549519
Modern Wood Series
View attachment 549520
Rainbow Screen
View attachment 549521
Tile Screen
View attachment 549522
The old Museum decorative items. And bring back Desert Island Escape.
Post automatically merged:

I don't know. I feel like there's so many that I'd take forever to list them. Overall I miss the surreal wacky furniture. NH feels too modern for my taste? I do miss the sweet set from Gracie, but there are so many more. Like both the bug and fish tourney furniture. I love almost all of it. Anemone bed, crab clock, angler-fish lamp? A cicadas stereo (and if I recall right the wings vibrated when it was turned on?) I miss that kind of stuff. In comparison the stuff we got for the same event in NH feels like it should had been included in Nook's shop. It's very generic/basic.

I don't know the furniture in NH (especially before 2.0 update) kinda felt sterilized compared to NL's variety.

They really went in the realm of more realistic furniture as opposed to the fantastical.

I miss all the old furniture sets! The Green series, the Blue series. As much as I love this game, I hate how much content was actually taken out from past games.

Back