What part of the Nintendo Switch do you find to be the most satisfactory?

BobRocks20

Wowzers!
Bells
Switch
0557-5119-2409
Blue Hybrid Violet
Rotating Fool's Egg
Tasty Cake
Apple (Fruit)
So the Nintendo Switch has been around for a while. It's got its pros and it's got its cons. The cons have been discussed already in this thread. But then, after I made a post there, I felt bad for the Switch so I figured I should make a thread here dedicated to discussing the merits of this console. And no, I couldn't find another thread like this. So put aside your rants about the barren menus, joy-con drift, and the Online subscription, and let's focus on what we're grateful for! What do you think was the most satisfactory thing related to the Switch generation?

I think it's the concept overall! The whole idea of a portable home console has intrigued me ever since it was first announced. It was quite innovative for its time, and I'm glad that was one of the factors that made the Switch the third-best-selling console of all time.

My biggest satisfaction from the Switch? Super Mario 3D All Stars. Not only have they rereleased Super Mario Sunshine, but they also released it for a system you can play on the go. Now I can play Super Mario Sunshine while I’m at a restaurant or hotel room rather than having to wait to go home and play it. I also liked their handling of Super Mario Galaxy, as it has become a more enjoyable game on the Switch than on the Wii or Wii U.

Mario Odyssey and both Zelda games would be mine. I think they show when Nintendo really tries they can still keep true to the original games but move them on ALOT. Stuff like Pokemon I’m so sick of the same stuff, and I hope at some point they get the same treatment

The handheld component. It's easy to take for granted today, but it was a huge step forward for handheld gaming at the time.

The fact that it’s a portable handheld console. It’s a really good idea for a console.

Another thing I like is the ports. It’s definitely a good idea to port so many Wii U games, because while yes, some people did play them, most people who own a Switch didn’t, giving them a good chance to play games they missed out on.

I don’t think the Nintendo Switch Online subscription is the best thing ever, but I think getting so many of their older games to play at once is really cool :> I probably wouldn’t have bought them individually.

I like that it is portable and the screenshot function works better than my ps4. I haven’t touched my ps4 in a ysar at least but I think when taking screenshots, you have to time them right since it doesn’t take the screenshot exactly when you push the button (at least that is what I think the issue was). I like that I’m not getting spam and inappropriate messages like i was on ps4. They’ve brought a lot of titles I like on here (though one of them (metal gear solid series i heard there was a lot of issues with it).

Last edited:
There are two things and they are the silliest of things.

1. The HD Rumble - I know... I know. It isnt a big deal but for me it was magic. Playing 1,2 Switch on launch and feeling invisible balls roll around inside the controller and feeling the gush of milk from the teat of a virtual cow (I can't believe I wrote that)... it was the feeling of genuine magic. Add to it its ability to rumble and create music... I remember playing Super Mario Party and hearing this faint tune in the living room and no idea where it was coming from until I realized it was my controller. It was absolutely spectacular!

2. The IR Camera - Y'all may be wondering what the IR Camera did as so few games actually used it, but you know Nintendo used it to great affect with their cardboard craft LABO games. The fact that it allowed for unique inputs in reflect tape, it's shape, proximity and appearance and corresponding it to unique actions allowed for some very wild play. The way that feature was utilized, much like HD Rumble, felt like genuine magic. Truly, it was an experience like no other across all their kits and it hurts my heart that it never took off, because it allowed for an extreme level of homebrew game crafting that people never fully utilized. It was such a shame.

The switch has a great library and the pro controller was well designed. It's also nice that you can put an sd card in without using a screwdriver like on the newer 3ds models. I love that you can send friend requests to people so that you don't need both people to enter the fc. It makes things a lot easier and it's a big improvement from the 3ds friend system. Speaking of which, I also like that you're told who came online so that you don't have to check the friends app every time.

Most satisfying would be that I like clicking the joy cons in and out repeatedly so I can hear the sound.
For real. What a brilliant piece of marketing making it have that click/snap and using it in their branding. It feels so good and sounds so good!
Oh yesss, can't forget about that.

Maybe it's just me but one of my Joy-cons has this thing where—IDK how to describe it—if you move the R and/or the LR button it makes this satisfying clicking sound. TBH I do this more than taking out the controller and inserting it back repeatedly but they're both pleasing to the senses (and I admittedly consider the button thing to be one of the most satisfactory things about the Switch). I'd like to show y'all what I mean but I don't have my Switch with me and I can't get it back until the weekend.

100% that it’s both a handheld and a home console. I prefer handheld for the most part but my most played games on the console Splatoon 2 and 3 I play docked. So being able to do one or the other in a flash is awesome.

I have a Wii U and while the Gamepad added some portability which I loved over the Wii, it was still super limited so I’m glad it eventually led to the Switch being fully portable.

Like others have said, the portability and ability to be both a handheld and home console! I play my Switch docked most of the time, but being able to take it with me places and play it is really nice as well.

Another thing I liked about the Nintendo Switch - the OLED model. The better resolution, the adjustable console stand, and the bigger screen makes it way better than the 3DS.

I appreciate being able to play on a bigger screen. At first I only played in handheld mode but now I only play docked, unless I take it put and about with me. I like having both options! Actually for handheld mode it’s a bit too heavy for me now.

Back