• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT's Haunted Carnival: Closing Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big thanks everyone: staff, friends, and strangers. I was feeling kind of low during October, and every time there was someone pinging me for dust or reacting to one of my entries, I felt like I was present and useful and it was uplifting. Every time I make it as a staff or community favorite with my art is a huge self-esteem boost and it keeps me going! Thanks, TBT.

EDIT: Oh! The fireworks are active? Interesting. Yay!

I was so shocked to find out that I earned a staff favorite for the Bewitching Blueprints attraction.
At first I was planning on doing Leif's camper, but then I remembered Kicks' garden event from Pocket Camp and I did that one instead, which I'm glad I made the change because I really knew what I was doing.
Truthfully, I wasn't even aiming for the Sinister Lantern, I wanted to show off my designing skills as I do have that in me. Knowing how many of you guys liked it I had a lot of copium in winning one. (I may even expand upon the build someday)

As to everyone else's staff favorites, you all did amazingly well in order for y'all to get that Sinister Lantern collectible.

"My" personal favorites were:
  • @Firesquids' Mystery Machine camper
  • @kikotoot's 3D Crystal Ball
  • @Aquilla's Ankha Tarot Card (Absolutely not for the wrong reason)
  • @k o i's Sweaty Kelpie,
  • I would choose myself for my Bewitching Blueprints favorite, but that's being selfish, so I'd go ahead and say @skarmoury's camper
  • And @Mokuren's Nightmare in Paradise entry
This Halloween event was the greatest one I've ever had, most of the past ones were a bit too similar to eachother, not this one as it was unique.

Thanks ever so much for hosting this, I have completely gotten over my grief of not participating in the Camp TBT event. Now I'm looking forward to many more to come!

Thank you so much for this event <3 I'm normally not a huge Halloween fan but thanks to the events and activities around here I'm warming up to it more and more.

I had so much fun with all the different activities! Huge congrats to all the staff favourite winners! I love seeing the unique and creative ways every single user here approaches the tasks. And lastly thank you for nominating my tarot card, van design and funny little dice - it means so much to me and is a huge boost for my motivation and determination!

The Sinister Lanterns and staff favorite Carnival Coins have now been distributed! Also, please keep this in mind if you'd like to change the date of your lantern:
Sinister Lantern Date Changing

Users with multiple staff favorite entries will receive one Sinister Lantern with all events listed in its message. Sinister Lanterns and Carnival Coins from staff favorites will be distributed tomorrow.

If you'd like to change the date of your Sinister Lantern collectible in order to change its placement in your lineup, please make a thread in the Contact the Staff board with the date and time in the EST timezone. The date can be anytime between October 13th and November 5th.

Collectible lineups are ordered by date from newest (on the top left) to oldest (on the bottom right). We won't look at your other collectibles or help you order them. You must post your request by November 12th and we won't change them more than once if you give us the wrong date/time. Please submit this request via the Contact the Staff board only.

Congrats to all the winners, they were all my favorites too! 🧡 There were so many beautiful and original entries, it was certainly hard to choose. I'm glad it wasn't my job haha!

I can't believe I'm taking a sinister lantern home too! My first one! Thank you very much for liking my box, I wish I had taken a better photo of it,
camera hates darkness and spooky things I guess...

It was a really fun event, as always! First, I thought I wouldn't be able to do a lot of events because I didn't have the game, then I got the game (YAY!) but there weren't many days left and I hadn't unlock and got a lot of things (no online subscription either) but I managed somehow to participate and now I have more collectibles than I can carry 😆

Thank you very much for organizing that event and for all the collectibles and bells!

Congrats to all the winners! 🎉 I'm very happy to know my ghastly moose resonated with the staff, as it was the only entry I was able to go all out for due to being so busy irl for these past few weeks. 🥹💕 I wish I could have engaged a little more considering how big this event was, but I still had a lot of fun. Really loved the variety of collectibles and the events as well! Thank you to all the staff for all your hard work! :giggle:

Congratulations to everyone and thank you for the staff favorite!! This was such a fun event, as always. ❤️

Congratulations everybody! NGL, I didn't think there'd be this many art events.

I was kinda braindead for most of em, but boy did I love Creature Feature and the tarot card. Lots of creative and intricate entries.

THANK YOU STAFF FOR THE MASSIVE HALLOWEEN EVENT
please rest easy unless a gradient Moon Bunny frag is nigh

Congrats to all the winners!! 🥳🎉SO many beautiful entries during this event, its so nice to see how creative everyone gets with their ideas!! ✨
And also thank you so much for the staff faves!! 💗 Two even 😭 I'm glad people liked my creature and RV! (tbh i'm not sure if i've won for a decorating event before so that's cool!) The interior camper was such a fun idea, and I loved having an event again where we had to draw something based on words we were given! I remember doing that for some event a few years back as well. I'm glad people liked it <33
Thank you staff for this great event!! I love always coming back to see how creative you all are with coming up with events and collectibles all the time! I had a great time, take the time to rest now lol see ya'll for the next one ✌️💕

Congrats to the staff favs! And thanks to the staff for continuing to hold these events! I don’t participate every time, but I do like to drop in and at least try to participate in a couple each year.

And thank you for adding the Stitches collectible! It would be great if a new villager/npc collectible could be chosen/debuted during the different seasonal events (if its not too much trouble). The “creepy” villager voting brackets were perfect for Halloween!

Congrats winners, and huge thanks to the staff for hosting! I didn't participate much, but this was one of my favourite events so far!

And now I hibernate until the next event

One question. When will the fragment be made giftable?

One question. When will the fragment be made giftable?
When all of the Halloween stuff is removed from the Shop and is no longer able to be purchased. They're unique (1 per user) until then, like how the Galaxolotl and ISC Star Fragments were during Camp Bell Tree. Everything will be removed from the Shop on the 12th, according to the first post.

Thank you staff for the fun event, loved the carnival theme and all the creative entries by everyone! I'm also very happy that our team's lost fragment came home, it's beautiful LET'S GO ACTUALLY, NEVERMIND!!! ✨
Thanks everyone for helping and collecting dust! 🥰
Congrats to all the amazing winners, and thank you so much for the staff favourite! <3

This event was so fun and I looked forward to it everyday, thank you so much staff!!!
I'm so happy that I won a staff favorite, tmi but I had to go to the ER today and seeing that I won a badge made me very happy on a bad day. I'm glad my submission was liked!

Congrats to all the winners!
I just would like to see more different people and not 3+ times the same people that win.
Don't get me wrong, they are all beautiful and deserve to win, but I think it would be cool to see different people instead of the same ones for more than one category

Congrats to all the winners!
I just would like to see more different people and not 3+ times the same people that win.
Don't get me wrong, they are all beautiful and deserve to win, but I think it would be cool to see different people instead of the same ones for more than one category

tbh I kinda get this, and basically agree on a fundamental level. though I will say that I believe the sheer volume of winners across categories is also to help mitigate this

or, to put it another way, I feel if they restricted it such that a user can only win staff favorite in one event throughout the entire events period, the amount of staff favs in each event would be greatly reduced and possibly also lessen the chances that others could win

of course, there's also the argument that people should be able to win as much as possible, provided they put in the effort towards and make the cut. which is fully valid as well, and paradoxically, something I can also agree with

it's a bit complicated, and I do get that the staff try their best to make a variety of ways for people to win. not just during this carnival, but also across just all of tbt events throughout the site's history. there's certainly always going to be room for improvement and I do get that it can be a bit disheartening for some to constantly see familiar names make the top cut. even though those same people aren't doing anything wrong at all by putting their all in and being rewarded for it. but just remember that staff are clearly always looking towards increasing the scope of possible activities to be able to win in

and hey, I don't consider myself talented enough for staff favorite, or at least not in how their criteria in picking selections presumably is, and I currently have 5 "trophy" collectibles (not actual trophies). which yeah, 2 are winning team collectibles, but even so

I guess my basic advice to anyone regarding this is just to keep at it. there's no telling when you may be rewarded someday, even if you presume to lack the skills otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back