• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT's 2023 Stole-iday Season: Closing Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to all the winners! I even got a trophy 🏆 Thank you all for the hard work during the event! I love the forum events so much. It's a great way to meet new people and see all this amazing entries. Please never stop to do them 🥺 Can't wait for my favorit event: The egg hunt 💕

I’m mostly bewildered. I’m not sure what to say; nobody really cares to read a victory speech and I’m not here to make one.

Congratulations to anyone who enjoyed entering the contest— making something and stretching those creative muscles is a wonderful thing.

I’m grateful for the votes and happy with my entries, but feeling some turmoil over the intense fervor for the prize. I’m struggling with some emotionally and mentally painful issues irl, so this pixel hunt seems petty and shameful in the grand scheme of things.

Life is so short. I can’t convey my sincerity very well through this post, but I’m hoping to see the best version of everyone, including myself. It’s so easy to judge others and jump to conclusions, but rarely do you understand the whole story. Show compassion and perform an act of kindness today.

Thank you staff for another fun christmas event, loved and participated in every event activity, thanks for all the effort you put in, and thanks everyone for your amazing entries! <3
Congrats to all the winners, it was so hard to decide which entry to vote on!

Last edited:
🤯i am still processing having enough luck to get third in the glow wand raffle hello ??? i will take whatever i am given and never complain ever again
shock aside, obligatory massive well done to all the winners, the amount of talent on this site never fails to amaze me!! voting for entries is always one of the hardest parts. this event was super fun to keep me entertained over christmas so of course huge thanks to staff for all you do for us <3

Congrats to all the contest and raffle winners!! 🥳

This winter its been a bit rough for me and didn't have much motivation to participate a lot but I still enjoyed this event, thanks to the staff for making it possible <3

Another great holiday event! I love all the new collectibles, and I really appreciate that I was able to buy nearly everything in the shop by participating in all the events. FOMO isn’t much fun for me, so I enjoyed being able to set goals and meet them regardless of any competition outcomes.

I knew I wasn’t going to win the board game competition but feel very honored to have been nominated by staff! Thank you all for working so hard to bring us this event.

The second place tie for the white elephant made me chuckle, I love it here. Congratulations to all the winners!

Omg my pudding came in second place! I'm so happy 😭❤️

Congratulations to all the winners! I say this every event but you guys are so talented and I love it and love being here. White Elephant Creations were definitely my favourite with all the fun and creativity.

And thank you so much Staff for another wonderful event!!!

Since these two have already faced consequences at this point, we ask you to please not let this single event turn you against these two villager friends.

why would I?

I mean, sure. ruby should've told me what she was planning, as I'd of been more than happy to help out (she deserves it, tbh), but I won't hold it against her either

I'm such a stalker the way I'm trying to see what wands everyone is gonna choose 🪩

AHH, I got fourth!? Oh my gosh, I can't believe I actually placed in this competition. What a feeling!! 😭

This scene wasn't easy to come up with, I came up with something else at first, but I changed my mind as I was making it. So I did a lot of trial and error, and I experimented and tried ideas out. It eventually came together, decided on a backstory, and here it is. 200 screen shots later haha

It makes me so happy to know other people liked it, too, and see how all that paid off. Thank you, everyone! I'm so happy and honored to be tied with you, @Xara 🥹🫶

Thank you to the staff for hosting these events, and congratulations to all the winners! 🎉🎉 This was a very fun event!!
It was my favorite entry, I feel like I was being there partying with them

Hi all, I wanted to post again about the campaigning situation. Since yesterday, we've heard from two opposing sides about how the staff addressed it, one saying that we were too strict, the other saying that we weren't strict enough. In a previous post, I explained that this was a complicated situation, which was the reason for dealing with it on a case-by-case basis. However, we typically don't disclose specifics because we want to make things fair for everyone while maintaining privacy for anyone involved, including both those who asked for votes and those who told us they were asked for votes.

Since this situation is still causing some noise, we thought it could be beneficial to make an exception and be a little more specific about our actions. We addressed each case consistently based on a decision we came to after about a day of discussion before the announcement was posted with the new polls. It worked like this:
  • If we saw evidence you were campaigning for your entry, the entry was removed from the recreated poll for that particular task.
  • If we saw evidence you were campaigning for your entry, but we didn't see it until after the second poll was already posted, we "silently disqualified" your entry from the poll for that particular task. Note: none of these disqualifications ended in first place anyway.
  • For any case where we saw someone campaigning for any entry, the campaigner was prohibited from winning the wand prize should they place first in any of the recreated polls. They were then reprimanded as usual, which included a warning making them aware of our actions. Note: this includes people who were campaigning for their own entry, campaigning for someone else's entry, had their own unrelated entry in one of the polls, or didn't have an entry in any poll.
  • Punishment did not extend to other unrelated parts of the event.
Importantly, not all campaigning was the same and we weren't provided with evidence for every example right away. Perhaps there are even more examples that were never reported, but we can only act on evidence (which we take time to investigate). It was, of course, unrealistic to recreate the polls every time new evidence came forward, which is why we decided to use silent disqualifications after the second batch was posted. Overall, we wanted to make a fair decision for everyone involved, so the list above is the result of a compromise about what to do in these different cases.

Hopefully this helps clear up some confusion about what happened, but I'd also like to repeat something I said in my previous posts: Don't be too harsh against someone who was disqualified. While it's tempting to picture this as some sort of conniving plot, it's more likely that they just got a bit too excited and caught up in the thought of winning (or a friend winning), while not realizing how unfair it would be for the other participants who weren't campaigning.

congrats to all the winners!! esp the very lucky raffle winners ( rip to my gumdrops (*꒦ິ⌓꒦ີ) ) & thanks staff as always for another great event!!

now hopefully these 200+ raffle tickets will disappear on their own…

Congrats to all the winners.🎉🎉
I always feel a winner with all the lovely collectibles we get from these events.
Thanks staff for all you do. 💕

I'm over the moon speechless. Personal bias aside, it was truly so. much. fun. following these raffles and watching the winners walk away with iconic classics and immaculate recolours. I hope everyone is as happy with their prizes as I will treasure mine. ⭐ As always, thank you staff for making the holidays so special every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back