• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Stupid school rules

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say mine is the strictest – because it's a private school. We have uniforms and they're not just a standard collared shirt. No, they have to have be Mills, Navy Blue/Yellow/White/Light Blue. Your pants have to be Mills khaki ONLY and the girls must have skirts that are lower than their knees from Mills. Brown belts. Shoes are anything except slippers and bright colors. Any of these missing, you get a red slip that you have to carry around and show to every teacher throughout the day. In study hall, you must be absolutely quiet. No talking or you get written up. If you want to go off campus, you must sign out and you cannot return to school for the whole hour, or you get written up. There are tons more, but I don't have the time to consult our giant student handbook. :/

/giant whine-fest

http://winefestdesmoines.com/

@Callie
It is? I don't think it's illegal.

http://winefestdesmoines.com/

@Callie
It is? I don't think it's illegal.

@Tom, no, what I was saying was that I thought it was illegal to make anyone say it, that would include making an entire class room of people say it. However I learned that in first grade, so maybe my teacher was wrong. My school never makes us say the pledge, and to be honest I don't know it by heart, which I should.

@Bacon Boy Wow, I go to a private school and our rules aren't strict like that at all. We don't have uniforms to start, just a dress code that says any skirts/shorts must reach your finger tips if your arms are at your side, undergarments cannot show, no spaghetti straps, and overall just look presentable. And for guys it's pretty much make sure your pants aren't around your ankles. If you break the dress code, they say they give you something to wear (and it is hidious) but I've only seen a teacher actually go that far once. And you can wear hats in the locker bays, the lounge for 11th and 12th graders, and in the library.

And for leaving you have to sign out and say where you're going, but that's it. When you come back to school just sign in and you're golden.

I hardly ever followed the rules. I didn't get caught much, either. It was so easy to leave the building at my school. And to steal cafeteria food.

My school is not really strict.

If you bully someone in any way contuniously and get caught, you get supended for 2 weeks.
You must wear a demin jeans/shorts, a polo navy blue or white shirt and and a hat.
NO caps,singelets,thongs,short shorts.
You MUST behave beyond school.
If you are late or absent you will recieve a note wanting you to sign.

My school is not really strict.

If you bully someone in any way contuniously and get caught, you get supended for 2 weeks.
You must wear a demin jeans/shorts, a polo navy blue or white shirt and and a hat.
NO caps,singelets,thongs,short shorts.
You MUST behave beyond school.
If you are late or absent you will recieve a note wanting you to sign.

That's strict compared to my school...

My high school was pretty lenient. They had a dress code but never enforced it. The only thing they enforced was spaghetti strap tank tops (on girls, i hope) and sagging (on guys)

They actually gave out tickets for sagging. -____-

EDIT: Well my middle school gave out tickets. Not too sure about my high school, but they're both in the same school district so I wouldn't be surprised.

Apparently, the high school is much less strict. And then there's the 'hippie dippie' school down the street.

I hate the way in my school if your phone goes off in class you will get you mobile taken off you for a month.

i feel that most rules are counter-productive to the purpose of schooling, but are still effective at drilling in key points of most students future lives into their heads. uniforms, being prepared for work, following rules in general, being a model citizen.

i think if you want to learn, you probably shouldn't be at school, nowadays. k-12, at least. so where do you learn outside of college/prep/private schools, right?

also, i lucked out and basically got immunity to 90% of school rules.

i wore "spirit shirts" daily, so i essentially wore t-shirts and jeans.
i listened to music all day in class/walking around.
i slept in class.
i still passed everything, got detention like twice maybe for stupid stuff. i don't even remember what the ISC thing was for, was probably something stupid i did that i never did again/shouldn't have done to begin with. meh.

My middle school was a christian school. Black high heels, nylon stockings, navy blue short skirts, Polo shirt, white under shirt, navy blazer over it, girls had to wear their hair up in buns. In florida, that's hell. I hated it.

Before that we got detentions for chewing gum. I only got caught once, but the detention was to copy the declaration of independence twice.

Other than that I really never had that many silly school rules.

My High School had some stupid rules but there were way more students then teachers so we kinda owned the place

people complain about phones, I don't understand, they have a silent option and even an, wait for it, off button.

Just don't take your phone to class or keep it in a backpack on silent.

This. But if you do keep it in a back back, don't put it in the outside pocket that can hold a water bottle (if your bag has that). You're just asking for it to be stolen.

I just remembered a stupid school rule: If you are absent for more than 7 days of the entire year they take points off your grade >.<

Last edited:
No phones outside...even if you're off. But my trig teacher said they're possibly going to change that so...meh.

Back