• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

St. Patrick's Bell Boom Week starts now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One final thought in my mind I'll share in regard to a future lottery collectible event like this though is to have a second option of also purchasing it in the Shop for a limited time, at a highly inflated price that's higher than what we would normally charge for a collectible. (500? 1000? 2000? not sure) So the lottery still serves a purpose as the most affordable way to obtain the item with some luck, but it's not impossible to get your hands on one if you are really unlucky and can raise the funds. (and essentially also setting a trading market price cap, at least at the release) How does that sound as a compromise? Of course, it would depend on the price so it's hard to say without deciding that.

I definitely think this is a great compromise since it would allow people to have fun and try their luck while still giving other people the option to just buy it directly. This also will reduce strain on the shop as well since you won't have tons of people entering it at once which will be very important once the AC Switch crowd arrives.

When it comes to the quantity aspect of shop collectibles, I think limitation is important in order to retain a healthy balance of TBT in the economy since you don't want the shop deflating too much TBT (if TBT is the main currency for an event). If the event has its own currency though, then you could make the quantity unlimited and instead make it possible for people to trade the event currency to retain the same sort of balance as the former example and to also incentivize people to earn more event currency.

Thanks for the event!

Unfortunately I didn't get to take much advantage of the posting bonus and missed out on any free bells aside from the last one, but I'm glad that one of the tickets I chose for this final drawing happened to win.

Congratulations to everyone else who won and best wishes to everyone who will be participating in the next forum event. I'm looking forward to Easter. :)

HOLY LOL

I just decided to pop in to see what was going on in the forums and saw that this event was going on and not expecting to win anything... :p thanks staff for the clover! ^_^

so who came out richer and who came out poorer for bell boom?

I think I broke pretty much even, myself

Last edited:
so who came out richer and who came out poorer for bell boom?

I think I broke pretty much even, myself

I think I came out ahead regardless of my hunt for 6 Kaleidoclovers, but I won't really know until the future unfolds! ;)

RIP
At least some of the entries were free

Congrats to the winners & thanks BT overlords for the chances

unrelated, but it was showing you as having 0 bells for a second, which made this post rather comedic in a way

lol That's what happens when you press the like button (for whatever reason, the user TBT count is not re-retrieved from the server after the like button causes a refresh of the profile area).

lol That's what happens when you press the like button (for whatever reason, the user TBT count is not re-retrieved from the server after the like button causes a refresh of the profile area).

just tested again, and holy ****, how have I not ever noticed this before now?

just tested again, and holy ****, how have I not ever noticed this before now?

I have no idea my friend! xD I find it fascinating that it does it and I bet it is fixable too since this site uses PHP and various technologies/techniques powered by Javascript and XML along with standard website foundations (the Like button refresh is caused by a technique called AJAX for example). :)

I got 4 you tried prizes tonight. I danced around that winning combo tonight, tough luck, maybe next time.

Critique: Fun if you won, frustrating if you didn't. I still would like to see lotteries like this in the future. The anticipation is exciting at least. You win some, you lose some, c'est la vie.

I have no idea my friend! xD I find it fascinating that it does it and I bet it is fixable too since this site uses PHP and various technologies/techniques powered by Javascript and XML along with standard website foundations (the Like button refresh is caused by a technique called AJAX for example). :)

clearly you should apply for the site coder position and find a way to fix the whole pesky timestamp-tied lineups issue the staff hinted at working on years back

Critique: Fun if you won, frustrating if you didn't.

ok, but this is clearly wrong. it was fun, and I didn't win

I've heard the weird doll curses people who own it with bad luck

send to me to fix this issue
Hmmm alright, let me know please!!!
Despite my cynical remarks on the lotteries, I think you're right with the first 3 paragraphs. I still think it's a lot better method than the restocks, which relies on you having a combination of; plenty of TBT, fast wifi or a good ISP (usually North America and South-East Asia, everyone else is usually screwed over), and being online at the correct time. The lotteries were relatively affordable for everyone, timezones didn't matter and your chances weren't affected by your wifi capability, so I hope the hate remarks (mine was half joking I'm sorry :') ) don't discourage the return of lotteries because I think it was a nice twist that was relatively fair to everyone for the most part.

With the premium price thing though I do think it's pretty hard to determine what the set price would be, and it kind of depletes the purpose of everyone having a fair chance during the lotteries since all the TBT-wealthy people have something to resort to in case they're unlucky, while the people without TBT don't. The premium price is usually established when people start reselling them anyway, and keeps TBT in the economy.

Just my two cents, and thanks as always to Justin/Jeremy/Laudine for running this event :]

Last edited:
clearly you should apply for the site coder position and find a way to fix the whole pesky timestamp-tied lineups issue the staff hinted at working on years back

If the position ever opens up, I definitely would be interested since it would be fun to be able to utilize my web development knowledge during my free time on something that I enjoy and what I believe is a good cause (I truly think TBT is a very special place compared to other communities out there)! :D

ok, but this is clearly wrong. it was fun, and I didn't win

It's my opinion on the matter, I was not speaking for the board. I'm glad you enjoyed it though ;). It was exciting waiting for the numbers and I guess that means I did have some fun.

Last edited:
Wow! Now I'm definitely letting my other half pick all my lottery numbers.

Thanks staff for the fun event! I really liked participating. I think Justin's proposition would be great for future lottery events, as it would take some of the frustration in the thread away. But most of all: thanks for all the work you have put into these events!!!

My better half picked 81 and now he's snoring. Congrats Nougat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back