• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Spooky Stalk Market - It's Over!

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Sideshow-Mind-Symbol.png

Spooky Stalk Market

Joan has come to The Bell Tree Carnival with a special business opportunity for visitors to the Mind sideshow tent: the Spooky Stalk Market!

📈 How To Play 📈

You can participate in the Spooky Stalk Market by purchasing a Purple or Orange Spooky Turnip in the Shop for Bells during these limited time periods:
  • Purple Spooky Turnips can be purchased for 75 Bells until Tuesday, October 17th at 12PM / Noon EDT.
  • Orange Spooky Turnips can be purchased for 150 Bells until Wednesday, October 25th at 12PM / Noon EDT.
Then later, during the dates below, the Spooky Stalk Market will be open and each Spooky Turnip's price will fluctuate twice per day:
  • Purple Spooky Turnips will be on the market with a fluctuating Sell Price from Tuesday, October 17th at 12PM / Noon EDT until Sunday, October 22 at 12PM / Noon EDT.
  • Orange Spooky Turnips will be on the market with a fluctuating Sell Price from Wednesday, October 25th at 12PM / Noon EDT until Monday, October 30 at 12PM / Noon EDT.
You must be holding a Mind Tent Pass to purchase or sell Spooky Turnips.

During this event, you may sell your Spooky Turnip back to the Shop and cash in for the current fluctuating Sell Price by clicking Sellback next to the item in your Shop inventory. When you press the Sellback button, a pop-up will inform you of the current Sell Price and you may choose to confirm the sale or cancel it. This price may be lower or higher than the initial purchase price of the turnip.

You may gain or lose Bells from participating in the Spooky Stalk Market. If you do not sell your Spooky Turnip item before the market ends, the item will be worth only 1 Bell and eventually discarded. There will be no refunds.

📈 Schedule 📈

The Spooky Stalk Market price adjustment schedule is represented below in a table for your clarity. Times are approximate and may be off by a few minutes as our bankers have not yet been replaced by AI.

Purple Spooky Turnip

📅 Date⏲️ Time⏲️ Time
October 17[Market Opens]
12PM / Noon EDT
[Market Adjustment]
12AM / Midnight EDT
October 18[Market Adjustment]
12PM / Noon EDT
[Market Adjustment]
12AM / Midnight EDT
October 19[Market Adjustment]
12PM / Noon EDT
[Market Adjustment]
12AM / Midnight EDT
October 20[Market Adjustment]
12PM / Noon EDT
[Market Adjustment]
12AM / Midnight EDT
October 21[Market Adjustment]
12PM / Noon EDT
[Market Adjustment]
12AM / Midnight EDT
October 22[Market Closes]
12PM / Noon EDT

Orange Spooky Turnip

📅 Date⏲️ Time⏲️ Time
October 25[Market Opens]
12PM / Noon EDT
[Market Adjustment]
12AM / Midnight EDT
October 26[Market Adjustment]
12PM / Noon EDT
[Market Adjustment]
12AM / Midnight EDT
October 27[Market Adjustment]
12PM / Noon EDT
[Market Adjustment]
12AM / Midnight EDT
October 28[Market Adjustment]
12PM / Noon EDT
[Market Adjustment]
12AM / Midnight EDT
October 29[Market Adjustment]
12PM / Noon EDT
[Market Adjustment]
12AM / Midnight EDT
October 30[Market Closes]
12PM / Noon EDT

📈 Rules & Guidelines 📈

In addition to all of the explanatory sections above, here's a bit of extra 'fine print' rules to keep in mind:
  • You must be holding a Mind Tent Pass to purchase or sell Spooky Turnips.
  • Spooky Turnips will mysteriously disappear from your inventory on a temporary basis if you lose access to the Mind Sideshow Tent, but they can reappear later if you return here -- don't worry!
  • Play the Spooky Stalk Market at your own risk -- there will be no refunds and you may lose your spent Bells depending on when you sell.
  • Past performance is not indicative of future results. ;)

stonks.png

Last edited:
these don't rot in a week once purchased, right?

also, is it possible to use ac turnip price pattern knowledge to guesstimate future prices, or are just left at the whims of full random?

these don't rot in a week once purchased, right?

You may purchase the turnips whenever you'd like within the stated dates, and you will be fine as long as you sell within the other stated dates.

also, is it possible to use ac turnip price pattern knowledge to guesstimate future prices, or are just left at the whims of full random?

I won't be talking about the market at all.

Soooo....perhaps greater risk = greater gains, which means buy orange to maximize gains.

But what if it never peaks? Or I miss it?! Could dwindle away and be reclassified as a penny stalk.... which means buy purple to minimize losses.

Decisions, decisions... love it!

Time to put my stock market skills that definitely apply to forum economies to the test. 😅

i’m still on the fence if i should take the risk LOL my wallet wants to cry but i think i’m gonna try and take a chance 🥹

i’m still on the fence if i should take the risk LOL my wallet wants to cry but i think i’m gonna try and take a chance 🥹

Same! It's hard to jump off the fence and take the leap, lol. I made up my mind yesterday and decided, but when i went to the shop, I just couldn't commit! 😅

But the clock is ticking on my ticket...

to all those on the fence: gamble. get it twisted. you will win

Yes!
Maybe?
I just need to set alerts to remind myself to come back and check the market. And remember not to use too many tickets elsewhere.....haha.

Same! It's hard to jump off the fence and take the leap, lol. I made up my mind yesterday and decided, but when i went to the shop, I just couldn't commit! 😅

But the clock is ticking on my ticket...

i keep doing the same thing!! 😂 opening the shop and then closing the tab LOL i’ll try and decide if i want to take the risk before my ticket for this tent expires 😅

i keep doing the same thing!! 😂 opening the shop and then closing the tab LOL i’ll try and decide if i want to take the risk before my ticket for this tent expires 😅

My big issue is - I don't have enough tickets to be in every tent every day!

Also (not sure if we can discuss it in here, sure someone will let me know if not)...I'm thinking I'll have more trouble later. So if turnip prices are slightly up, do I sellback because woohoo I'll have gained a little.... OR, what if I hang on and lose a bunch, expecting a spike that never comes. HA!

Ok. I did it. Got both. To be present for the whole market, looks like 7 tickets? Purple market starts 18th, orange not done til 30th. Unless I trade early, but then I want to be here for zipper's zany zillions... and whatever the sneaky surprise is. This is my favorite tent, so that's fine.

I get the feeling it won't be bells for turnips, lol. More like, other things maybe? Pfft! Maybe not, who knows?

I need more tickets...

Ok. I did it. Got both. To be present for the whole market, looks like 7 tickets? Purple market starts 18th, orange not done til 30th. Unless I trade early, but then I want to be here for zipper's zany zillions... and whatever the sneaky surprise is. This is my favorite tent, so that's fine.

I get the feeling it won't be bells for turnips, lol. More like, other things maybe? Pfft! Maybe not, who knows?

I need more tickets...

i also took the plunge please pray to the halloween gods for me ya'll 🙏

I don't have enough bells to participate, but good luck to everyone who is!

Back