• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Speculative Sweets - Sellback Enabled for Yellow Candies!

Oblivia

<3
Staff
Administrator
Community Manager
Bells
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Nightmare Easter Egg
Dreamy Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Spirit Candy: Wix
speculative_sweets (1).png

Deep within the Ghostly Glade, you stumble upon a moss-covered candy bucket that's filled to the brim with cute, shiny, yet painfully common Yellow Candies. They're covered in a thick layer of dirt and bits of foliage, yet you spot one that seems... different from the rest. You can see bits of color peeking through the yellow that's almost imperceptible under the thick canopy of dead, barren tree branches, until a glimmer of moonlight pierces through the darkness to reveal the most beautiful, prismatic wonder you've ever seen.

This Halloween, the Bell Tree Shop is overrun with Yellow Candy, which can be yours for the ultra-low price of 15 TBT Bells. These candies are special in that all Yellow Candy collectibles purchased from October 30th at 12am EST - October 31st at 11:59pm EST have a small chance to shed their yellow shells and reveal their true form...

Because it wouldn't be a happy Halloween without a Rainbow Candy:

1666580808036-png.464324

In order to prompt the molting process on your newly-obtained Yellow Candies, you'll have to rely on a little luck and/or a large bankroll. Every candy purchased has a slight chance of morphing into a multicolored marvel shortly after 12am EST on November 1st, so this means that the more candies you purchase, the better your chances of getting the sweetest of treats in the end. That said, these gorgeous goodies will be immediately tradable, so don't fret too much if luck evades you. 🌈

Head over to the Shop to grab a few (or a few dozen) candies, and also be sure to check out The Woods while it's here. Happy Halloween to all of you!

The event has now concluded! Please see this post for event stats, as well as instructions on selling back your unwanted Yellow Candies. Thanks to everyone who participated and I hope you all had a very Happy Halloween!

There's less than four hours to go before the candy buying shenanigans is set to start, so ready those wallets and grab your luckiest trick or treat basket!

Thread is now open for (pre)business.

Last edited:
You forgot to say we should get our trick-r-treat baskets too :p

I spent all my bells to buy nine! I might try and snag a couple more before the deadline if I can—although I know I'll probably just wind up with a bunch of Yellow Candies to give out at the end. 😅 I think I'll keep at least one though! It's cute, and I like lemon flavor.

do we get any idea how rare the rainbow candy is?
No idea if it’ll be the same, but here are the stats from the Friday the 13th candy

“Total Yellow Candies purchased: 7,176
Total TBT Bells spent: 143,240
Total Friday the 13th Candies manifested: 332
Total users who ended up with a Friday the 13th Candy: 105”

So what are we going to do with all of these yellow candies that don’t turn into a rainbow candy? Toss ‘em? Sell ‘em?

waiting until tomorrow to buy my candies so they’ll have a halloween timestamp, but ya’ll have no idea how happy i am about this — rainbow collectibles are right up my alley, i adore colourful things! 🍬🌈

So what are we going to do with all of these yellow candies that don’t turn into a rainbow candy? Toss ‘em? Sell ‘em?
probably try to offload them on other users for the next couple years like everyone’s still doing with their yellow candies from 2020. 🤣

jokes aside, there was a sellback option for them in 2020 where you could sell your yellow candies back for i think 5 tbt each (they costed 15 tbt to purchase), so maybe that’ll be implemented again.

Back