• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Red Riches

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Red Riches banner.png

During the Lunar New Year, red envelopes (hóngbāo) are given as gifts. Now you can share this tradition with your TBT friends!

How it Works 🧧

Gift your friends Red Envelopes!

hongbao.png

You can purchase Red Envelopes in the Shop for 86 Bells. We will be tracking the number of Red Envelopes bought from the Shop, and when the community collectively reaches a milestone (e.g. 50 Red Envelopes gifted) new prizes will unlock in The Luck of the Dragon raffle.

As these envelopes traditionally contain money, we are going to add a sell back option after the event closes on February 24th. The sell back price will be 68 Bells (sorry, the envelope itself isn't free).

Prize Table 🧧

For each milestone achieved, two more collectibles will be added to The Luck of the Dragon raffle and the odds of both of the Fortune Cookie containing a gift and the Dragon Token bonus will increase. Some tiers also offer an additional prize such as TBT bells or a Dragon Token.

Envelopes Gifted
Added to Raffle
Fortune Cookies w/ Prizes
Dragon Token Bonus
Additional
29.png
27.png
5%
5%
354.png
353.png
10%
10%
63.png
64.png
15%
15%
324.png
495.png
20%
20%
497.png
499.png
25%
25%
316.png
560.png
30%​
30%​
94.png
434.png
35%​
35%​
179.png
630.png
40%​
40%​
1750​
178.png
629.png
45%​
45%​
2000​
181.png
628.png
50%​
50%​

Please refer to The Luck of the Dragon event thread to see the current percentages for winning each prize.

Last edited:
I had 354 bells. I now have barely any (i bought 4 envelopes and sent them all to one person. I wish we could multi-gift). I at least remembered to buy a cookie though lol

I just sent three red envelopes to other members on the forum. I can’t buy too many, because I am currently hosting a giveaway.

Sent my first envelope! I'm going to need to earn some more TBT

I have enough tbt to exchange red envelopes with several people, so if you would like to recoup some of your tbt cost with a guaranteed envelope for sellback, lmk (or you can just have one, it's all gucci). I guess I should open a thread on the marketplace:

I've sent two, but I'm trying to save my precious bells! Super exciting though! My only question is where is Jingle, and can he send a few envelopes or two hundred...

fly agaris mushroom my beloved come home to me 🙏🍄

Sent out my first batch of envelopes earlier, I'll try my best to keep up the pace!

i NEED that blue heart wand, blue is one of my favorite colors, and it would go well with my Snowflake Glow Wand that i have in my inventory!

This is a stupid question but if we get a red envelope, do they stay as red envelopes if you don't win anything? Cause honestly I just wanna keep them as is cause they're cute lol

I have a question.

Let's say 250 envelopes are gifted at the end of the event, there will be a 15% chance winning a feather.

But what about candy and star ? Will they be out of the raffle ?

I have a question.

Let's say 250 envelopes are gifted at the end of the event, there will be a 15% chance winning a feather.

But what about candy and star ? Will they be out of the raffle ?
I believe everything we unlock will just be added to the prize pool as a total, so everything will have a chance to be won.

Back