• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are your favorite 2024 Lunar New Year Collectibles and Why?

Favorite Lunar New Year 2024 Collectibles?

• Chinese Dragon

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • Festival Lantern

Votes: 26 38.8%
  • Fortune Cookie

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • Night Sky Scenery

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Plum Blossom

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • Red Envelope

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Zodiac Dragon Figurine

Votes: 13 19.4%

• Total voters

jadetine

✨Hi! I’m Renn💫
Bells
Switch
2676-3129-8012
Island
Pokki
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
White Rose
Red Rose
What new collectibles catch your fancy? Why do you love them?

The festival lantern is the most appealing to me-- I would love to have 3 lanterns with the night sky scenery in between. If they had added a little flicker to it like with the holiday lights, omg, I would be so super obsessed.

As much as I love the Chinese Dragon, I almost wish it was facing the other direction-- that way it could chase a pearl collectible or have a face off with the eel. It's unclear how limited the dragon tokens will be, considering the current rate of red envelopes circulating. I'm saving up!

I must have the plum blossom. There's no question that a set of large symbol flowers would be so lovely, like embroidery on my lineup as if I'm wearing a sash on my profile, lol. Maybe a hibiscus or other Animal Crossing bush flower will join the lineup someday...

I'm so glad we get to keep a fortune cookie! I don't know if there will be future variants, a la Pocket Camp, but I'm a big fan of yellow background collectibles in general. The red envelope is also nice, but hard for my old lady eyes to see clearly.

I am conflicted on the Zodiac Dragon Figurine. I am a completionist at heart, and if I start with this figurine, I will probably be signing myself up to be here every year for the next 11 years. How sneaky, TBT! I wonder what went in to the decision to make the background light blue. Comparison to the ACNH model:
1707792724745.png
LNY dragon.png

I didn't include the fireworks and shooting star, but they are obviously fabulous!

Last edited:
big fan of the plum blossom... tempted to spend all my dragon tokens on them (assuming I can buy multiple). The Zodiac Dragon Figurine is pretty cute too though!

echoing big fan of the plum blossom. pretty ambivalent on all the others. i don't know if i'll get five tokens since i really only plan to submit for the dragon coloring page, but if i do, i'll definitely buy a full row of plum blossoms lol.

I'm living for the Plum Blossom tbh, it is such a rich gorgeous color and I love flower collectibles. ;w; Even though the Dragon Tokens are fairly limited, I'm heavilyyy considering grabbing more than one. The Festival Lantern is another must-have of mine too though; I might wind up getting more than one of them as well. The rich crimson color on the night sky background is just 💯

And I'm basically a scenery collector at this point. If there's a new scenery option available, I'm grabbing at least a single row and then a couple more at the end of the event to frame whatever collectibles I bought in-between. But also the Night Sky is especially gorgeous and one of my favorite collectible backgrounds, so I was really happy to see it make its debut!

I'll definitely be keeping at least one of my Red Envelopes at the end of the event too! (Maaaybe a single row of them, we'll see.) They're pretty and it makes my brain happy how the corners of the envelope perfectly touch the border. 10/10

Plum blossom, fortune cookie, and red envelope! I love how the plum blossom looks paired up with the spring sakura, and I just enjoy collectibles with that light yellow background in general.

I really like the Chinese dragon. It just looks so awesome. I keep thinking of it as a luck dragon but luck dragons to me are white and/or gold in my mind. But I know red is seen as lucky in China. I also like the fortune cookie and they are yum too so, win win. Which by the way, the plum blossom would look really cute on either side of a cookie, if you are lucky with dates.

Fortunately, I feel like we have a lot of collectibles are refer to luck.

The plum blossom and the Zodiac Dragon Figurine are my favorites. I hope we can get more then one of the plum blossom as I love flowers. I will keep at least two of the red envelopes.

1. Chinese Dragon - I'm obsessed with it. It's so beautiful.

2. Festival Lantern - Anything on a night sky background usually gets my attention and this is so lovely.

3. Plum Blossom - I love my Spring Sakura but it barely sees the light of day because it doesn't match anything else I own. Plum Blossom finally gives me something to pair it with and it looks so crisp and clean.

The plum blossom is definitely my favourite, I regret selling my sakura blossoms years ago, but they give a similar vibe and I actually prefer them to the sakura. So pretty!!
I also do like the lantern and the starry night sky!!

The Zodiac Dragon Figurine is so precious.

I wonder what went in to the decision to make the background light blue.

It's the sky cloud background: he's flying! 🐉

(Boring answer: it was selected after considering the consistency and readability of future collectibles in the zodiac figurine series.)

My favourite is the Plum Blossom! It immediately caught my eye when I first looked through the event’s opening thread. It’s so beautiful! Its rich colour is absolutely gorgeous, and the shape of it is so lovely! Mistreil did a beautiful job with it. ❤️ It’s honestly the main reason why I’m hoping to be able to muster up the motivation/energy to participate in at least 3 of the events, because I would love to get 3-4 of them for myself! I fear it’s my Spring Sakura where having a full row of them would be heaven for me, LOL. I think it’ll pair so beautifully with the Spring Sakura as well! I wouldn’t mind at all if there were more flower collectibles with the yellow background in the future!

Plum Blossoms are so beautiful irl as well! Why do people not talk about this gorgeous flower more!?

IMG_5750.jpeg

I think my second favourite is either the Red Envelope or Festival Lantern! I haven’t had a chance to send out many Red Envelopes myself yet with all of the stuff going on in my personal life right now, but I think hóngbāo and the tradition of them are so lovely. I feel so blessed to be sporting a full lineup of them right now, and am so thankful to all of the incredible people who took the time to send me one, and with such lovely messages as well! Even if some were only sent with the hope of getting us closer to 2k sent overall, I am still so grateful. 🫶 It’s been wonderful seeing the community work together to get us as close to our goal as possible! I’m hoping to be of more help with that over the next few days.

The glowy Festival Lantern against the beautiful night sky background is so pretty! Honestly, staff could pair anything with the night sky background and I’d be happy so long as it glows, LOL. The plain night sky scenery is so cool as well!

All of the new collectibles are beautiful, though! I’ve been loving seeing all of the lineups that people have come up with with them so far.

The Chinese Dragon, if it isn't as obvious. I am still hoping everyone comes through so we can get the final Dragon Token so my baby isn't headless any longer 🐉

I also really like the Zodiac Dragon Figurine. Not sure if I'll be able to get it since I am focused on the Chinese Dragon, but if I get lucky maybe I'll get it too. I am also hoping that the other 11 Zodiac animals get their own collecitbles in future years 🐍

I really like the Festival Lantern! I plan to get one dated for the end of New Year’s, when the lanterns are usually released.

I do like the Chinese Dragon a lot too, but I kind of like the lantern because I could have a few of them and I don’t have to dedicate a whole row necessarily to show it off. Also just the idea of a glowy warm light in the night is always so nice!

But I also have been so fascinated by the idea of these scenery collectibles! And also the idea that these sort of temporary collectibles (red envelopes and fortune cookies) could actually be used later as more permanent collectibles and not just as a sort of currency or mechanic for this event! Just trying to wrap my head around that is pretty cool, so I do like that they are included in this poll and thus I really have to think about them more and consider them in the scheme of being a permanent collectible to to be used in my lineup!

the general consensus has good taste. i really love the plum blossom, it's so pretty 🌸
i'm also really a fan of the festival lantern

i guess in both cases i sort of have a fascination for their real life equivalents which definitely contributes to why they're my favorites

I love the plum blossom so much! I wish it was possible to alternate it with the spring sakura 🥲 I also really like the zodiac figure and the lantern, but all the collectibles from this event are amazing!

The fortune cookie or the plum blossom. I don't think I'll be getting the full 3 piece dragon but we shall see if I change my mind.

Honestly, none.

I do not find interest in any of the new collectibles in particular, but if I was forced to pick I'm going with the Chinese Dragon for sure.

Would I buy it? Yes, would I keep it? Probably not. Would I sell it? Yes, but I'm a bit scared to start a TBT collectible selling service, I don't really know how to space everything out and what to sell them for. So it may just rot away being hidden or something...

My favorite is the Chinese Dragon! I do love the multi-collectible collectibles, and I'm glad there's another multi-collectible creature to pair with the oarfish! I think they work very well together! Plus it's red, truly nature's most perfect color for anything a dragon.

Other than that, I do like both the Festival Lantern and Red Envelope! Mainly because my brain sees red and tends to automatically like it, lol. I'm also a fan of the night sky scenery. It's very pretty, definitely my favorite background in general.

My top favourite has also got to be the Plum Blossom! I don't own any Spring Sakura and this new Plum Blossom is the perfect thing to fill that void. I would absolutely love to get a full row of 5 of them. 🤞

Second favourite for me is the Red Envelope. I don't have a lot of bright red collectibles and the envelope is so bright and eye-catching I think it's gorgeous! I don't think I'll be selling back any envelopes unless I end up with more than 10 somehow. I'm already planning some lineups that feature the Plum Blossoms and Red Envelopes together and I'm very excited for them! Plus the Red Envelopes are an excuse to give and receive collectibles from friends and I do enjoy an excuse to do that.

My third favourite is the Festival Lantern although I don't think I'll be buying any I love how warm and glowy it looks. I also like the night sky scenery and I'll definitely be grabbing some this event although it seems boring to call it a favourite.

Back