• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

parrot/bird thread

do u own a bird?

• no

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • no, but i know someone who owns one

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • yes!

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • ew birds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
conures are so cute too! wiggly lil avocados💕â˜ș i didn’t have room for a tiel until recently, but up until then i bought bird toys, it helped cement my dream into reality i think. any name ideas for your future birb? (asking bc i had a list like a mile long xD)

even when he is commiting evil acts of biting plants and scremming, his face looks like this. it’s hard to get mad at something so cuteđŸ„Č💓
names is something I don't wasn't to tread because I KNOW I will have way too many to choose....

but I love food names lmao

well, dogs are sweet too, what breed is your baby? and what birds would you be interested in getting in future when the situation is right? i admire people who can take in and rescue birds, i don’t think i would be able to do that up until now with my current equipment! and AWW hello cute calcetĂ­n! nice to meet you too! đŸ„° what is that in your beak?
yes! I love dogs too đŸ„° he is mixed, half breton half a spanish breed from andalusia, bodeguero. I am not sure about the type of bird ! We are planing on adopting so it also depends on the possibilities and the birds who need a home.

And the sweet baby CalcetĂ­n has a mealworm in is beak !!! he loved them, hehe 💗 I don't love them as much đŸ€­

yes! I love dogs too đŸ„° he is mixed, half breton half a spanish breed from andalusia, bodeguero. I am not sure about the type of bird ! We are planing on adopting so it also depends on the possibilities and the birds who need a home.

And the sweet baby CalcetĂ­n has a mealworm in is beak !!! he loved them, hehe 💗 I don't love them as much đŸ€­
i love brittany dog ears and color! so floppy hehe. my parents have a wiener dog, she’s so bubbly and sweet but i don’t see them often. it’s great to adopt, in my country, birds are not usually rescued and put up for adoption by shelters which is sad. it’s nice to help a life out with adopting if you have the chance 💓 how long did calcetĂ­n stay in your protection? was he sad to leave too? oh and mealworms! đŸ˜” i have never fed them before, but saw them in shops. they’re a good protein source, right? i might think of giving peep a few and see if he likes them
â˜ș

i love brittany dog ears and color! so floppy hehe. my parents have a wiener dog, she’s so bubbly and sweet but i don’t see them often. it’s great to adopt, in my country, birds are not usually rescued and put up for adoption by shelters which is sad. it’s nice to help a life out with adopting if you have the chance 💓 how long did calcetĂ­n stay in your protection? was he sad to leave too? oh and mealworms! đŸ˜” i have never fed them before, but saw them in shops. they’re a good protein source, right? i might think of giving peep a few and see if he likes them
â˜ș
oops my bad I didn't know they were called brittsny dog in english! yes they are so cute đŸ„ș❀ they were so disproportionately big when he was a puppy đŸ€­. In regards to the adopting birds situation, there are not too many shelters here either but at least there is some type of organisation and there is always someone trying to relocate a bird so if you are around the bird world you will probably get the news about some bird looking for a home.

CalcetĂ­n stayed for around a month with us. He wasn't sad at all about leaving ! đŸ€­ he was the whole time in a naturalised box and we fed him though some holes so he wouldn't get used to humans and could be freed in his habitat without any issue. As soon as he started feeling better he just wanted to fly away, my poor boy. Yes they are !!! They are a very good source of protein for insectivores, but I HATE worms 😭😭😭😭

pigeons thats interesting, were they special ‘decorative’ breeds or mail pigeons? i feel like pigeons get so much hate anyways, lots of people think because an animal doesn’t have fur or a wagging tail, that they don’t have emotions or character! i’m happy to see the little guys scuttling around the streets. i even used to fawn over them when i was younger lol and i loved drawing them, maybe that was the beginning of my bird obsession😆
We just had regular rock pigeons. Some were the dark and light grey color you see commonly. We also had a lot of white rock pigeons. They are very affectionate and sweet! I am hoping to one day be able to have them again. It’s hard with dogs and cats though.

8DFBF5D7-BC8C-4341-990A-D424E4F07F39.jpeg

look at him. fluffy pants and goofy faceâ˜ș

I love birds! I used to have a white-bellied caique named Jamie, and he was very sweet and affectionate. He liked to dance and flap his feathers whenever I clapped my hands near him, and he loved people a lot.

Oh, and Peep is adorable btw.

I don’t own a bird and probably never will unfortunately, but I think it would be cool to have a parrot or white cockatoo. I love watching videos of them talking/singing or just doing funny stuff

I want Lorikeets so badly - they're beautiful and they have my name in them. They have a Lorikeet aviary at our local zoo where you can go in and feed them nectar. I love it! Here's a pic I took from the last time I went. This guy was my bff.

View attachment 457379
he is gorgeous! i love that your local zoo has a lorikeet specific aviary, i dont think i’ve ever seen any bird specific zoo areas in my country (europe). i didn’t know they drink nectar though, thats so cute like a bee or a fairy!
 the more you know😆

dont poop on my laptop!
He will.
I want Lorikeets so badly - they're beautiful and they have my name in them. They have a Lorikeet aviary at our local zoo where you can go in and feed them nectar. I love it! Here's a pic I took from the last time I went. This guy was my bff.
Those feathers are so beautiful. I want to see if I have any aviary or other bird-related places near me.

I've never owned a bird, but I think they're adorable. I love seeing your pics of Peep!

I've always liked the look of lovebirds and zebra finch. I don't think I'd be a very good bird owner, though. I'd be so afraid of them pooping everywhere.

i love birds! i'd love to own one but i dont think i could maintain it too well. i did try to save a young pigeon last year that i found in the backyard. took it to a bird rescue but they declined to keep me updated on it's condition. hope it survived!!

ohh I forgot to update my bird status, I have a birb now!! I got him off Gumtree (Australian Craigslist) in order to give him a better home. I didn't want to buy from a pet shop. oh and his name is Corn Chip or Chip for short.

PXL_20221104_101445987.jpg

and yesterday I made a crochet budgie that looks like him!

PXL_20221128_092814543.jpg

Back