Votes: 16 25.0%
  • yes!

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • ew birds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
ohh I forgot to update my bird status, I have a birb now!! I got him off Gumtree (Australian Craigslist) in order to give him a better home. I didn't want to buy from a pet shop. oh and his name is Corn Chip or Chip for short.

View attachment 470358

and yesterday I made a crochet budgie that looks like him!

View attachment 470359
awwww i love his floofenchops! 🥰 he is the same colour as a cornflower so it’s fitting. his face colour fits with chip xd did you find him a nice cage? is he tame? (sorry for the bombardment of questions. also cute crochet bird!!)

No but I LOVE ducks. I live near a park and there are about six ducks who regularly swim in the pond. Sometimes I feed them frozen peas and they get so excited, quacking up a storm! Once one of the little hens started RUNNING after me on the trail! It was scary, but I laughed at how her big feet slapped against the ground lol.

I'm not really a bird person, but all of your birdies are really cute. :giggle:

my soft feathery baby!
58599290-B87E-4AAB-B00E-510C47CEBA01.jpeg

birds are so fluffy they sleep by tucking their heads into their downy backs. its like a built in pillow🥹

i’ve never had a bird/parrot, but they’ve always seemed like such cool companions to have, and your bird is so adorable! still so happy for you that you finally have one after wanting one for so long. ☺️

i’ve never had a bird/parrot, but they’ve always seemed like such cool companions to have, and your bird is so adorable! still so happy for you that you finally have one after wanting one for so long. ☺️
aww thanks xara! 🥰 yeah, he’s my gift of whole 2022!

I used to own birds, a cockatiel and a budgie. Sadly, both of them passed away (the cockatiel passed away at about 20, the budgie sadly, in the single digit number of years.). I love birds, I think they are adorable! The reason I haven't gotten any since the last passed is because my ears are now sensitive and their squawks hurt my ears.

So... Nowadays I have to appreciate birds from a distance. I like when parrots appear on my social media feeds. Their little faces look so mischievous and it makes me giggle, even though I know they just can't help that their faces look that way. lol

Last edited:
hi guys, i know there's a thread for sharing pics of your animals, but i don't think i've seen a single bird pic in it, so hopefully this thread gives you incentive to share pics of your birds, or any birds you might've seen :) i feel like they are a bit underrated. as you might know i love birds, cockatiels in particular, so i'll start off by sharing my baby 🥰

his name is peep! also i hope its okay if i keep posting pics of peep here too lol. i am curious to see what birds people on the forum own or have seen!
I have a tiel just like Peep! Her name is Paige Marie and also have a heavy pearl pied male named Sonny! (And a turq dilute parrotlet named Roux)

I have a tiel just like Peep! Her name is Paige Marie and also have a heavy pearl pied male named Sonny! (And a turq dilute parrotlet named Roux)
i think i’ve seen a picture of paige marie on here somewhere before! such a pretty tiel 💓

NO BUT SOMEDAY AAA I'M SCREECHING JUST FOUND THIS THREAD I FREAKING LOVE BIRDS

Only reason why I didn't get a parrot and instead got a kitty is because parrots can be quite high maintenance and require a lot of socializing and care, and I'm in a small apartment so I didn't want to keep an unhappy birb. (Also, I hear that most parrots don't make the best pets, since they're not fully domesticated and are like toddlers, but still, so cute). I've also considered getting finches, a dove, or chickens.

I love love birds so much. I wish I could own a pet chickadee if I had my way; but of course, that can't happen LOL.

Only reason why I didn't get a parrot and instead got a kitty is because parrots can be quite high maintenance and require a lot of socializing and care, and I'm in a small apartment so I didn't want to keep an unhappy birb. (Also, I hear that most parrots don't make the best pets, since they're not fully domesticated and are like toddlers, but still, so cute). I've also considered getting finches, a dove, or chickens.

I love love birds so much. I wish I could own a pet chickadee if I had my way; but of course, that can't happen LOL.
I don't think the size of your apartment should matter as long as it gets to come out of its cage regularly and interact with you and whoever else may live in your home. More pertinently, birds of all species are very loud creatures. If you're the type of person who likes to sleep until noon, you can kiss those days goodbye. And if you have neighbors that are sensitive to the noises coming from your apartment, then a bird might not be the right pet for you at this time. It took me a while to get used to the noise that mine would make at the crack of down every morning. I'm not trying to dissuade you, of course. Just saying, it's definitely a big consideration compared to a dog or a cat.

yay happy to see another chickadee enthusiast here! they used to be my favorite bird, with their little bandit caps 🥰

i live in a small apartment too! as belle t said, it really depends on what you can provide them. big cage, toys, time, health checkups, another companion if you work longer… it’s different from a dog or cat since theyre delicate creatures and require specific care, but it’s something you can get used to.

i subvert the whole serenading at 6am thing with little black out blinds i can stick onto my window, and a blanket over the cage to prevent night frights. i take off the blinds when they’ve gotten enough sleep, it’s the only way they’ll get their 12 hours😂

i do think its great that you hold back on getting one cause you feel you can’t provide an adequate environment! so many bad owners dont even take that stuff into consideration. but, i know sometimes it’ll never feel like the right time, you’ll just have to trust your gut. im sure once you get birdies they’ll be well cared for! 💓

i subvert the whole serenading at 6am thing with little black out blinds i can stick onto my window, and a blanket over the cage to prevent night frights. i take off the blinds when they’ve gotten enough sleep, it’s the only way they’ll get their 12 hours😂
My bird does not care for blackout curtains or a blanket over its cage or anything of the sort. It will sing when it bloody well wants to, and you will listen to it.

yay happy to see another chickadee enthusiast here! they used to be my favorite bird, with their little bandit caps 🥰

i live in a small apartment too! as belle t said, it really depends on what you can provide them. big cage, toys, time, health checkups, another companion if you work longer… it’s different from a dog or cat since theyre delicate creatures and require specific care, but it’s something you can get used to.

i do think its great that you hold back on getting one cause you feel you can’t provide an adequate environment! so many bad owners dont even take that stuff into consideration. but, i know sometimes it’ll never feel like the right time, you’ll just have to trust your gut. im sure once you get birdies they’ll be well cared for! 💓
Yeah, I don't think my schedule/capacity now is conducive to owning a bird (especially since I do now have a kitty), but I am definitely considering it in the future. Ideally I would like to give them an aviary and lots of room to fly, which is why I think about the size of my place. Mostly, though, my current apartment complex doesn't allow birds. LAME.

I love watching cute birb videos and birding in my free time to make up for it. Still getting my daily doses of birb!

Back