• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What kinds of threads do you like to post in?

Trundle

Voted Best RPer (TBT Awards 2016)
Bells
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
A lot of threads in Brewster’s are more like “share your opinion on xyz”, but I’m curious if there are any types of threads you really enjoy posting in?

I like posting in threads that I’m also going to read other people’s posts on. I’m not going to read what everyone’s preference of scoop or cone is, but if there is a particular thread dedicated to a specific interest (such as Pokémon), I am a lot more likely to read thoroughly and enjoy posting more.

I would say my top 3 favourite types of threads are:

1) Threads about collectibles e.g. "what's you're favourite collectible", "what's your favourite glow wand" etc. I actually enjoy reading everyone's answers in threads like these because I'm genuinely curious to see who likes the same collectibles as me.

2) Threads where I can give a quick, non-controversial opinion without having to think too much. E.g. "what's your favourite flavour ice cream?" I might not read all the responses, but at least these threads are easy to post in.

3) Animal Crossing discussion threads about topics I'm actually interested in - e.g. I love to talk about hourly music :p

Ayo, what is blud yappin' about up there??? ☝️🤨 I too like yappin'. 🤪 I like posting in old threads, which is a stinky no-no apparently, regardless of how well worded my responses may be. 🙄 I think I'm alright with threads that ask you what your opinion is on something mundane like "which sock do you take off 1st?" or "do you use deodorant on one or both armpits?" I'm more so interested in saying something funny on here. Just tryna' make people laugh, you know? 🤭

I tend to ghost the more mundane ones you mentioned. I like threads you can actually talk about stuff on, not just make a statement and leave without bothering to read anyone else's. I have found the influx of these threads that occurs when events are on to be tedious and I'm too easily bored for that.

I find it a shame that discussion threads are so easily locked though, instead of just allowing us to be adults and have conversations, even when they're difficult, that those of a more sensitive disposition could just ignore instead of running to the staff to complain. We could all learn a lot from each other if we were allowed and willing to listen to every walk of life, without immediately assuming this person is hateful for having a different perspective, or that person is awful because they were raised differently.

Anything related to the video games I play is always a #1 choice for me. Other than that it varies.

I tend to ghost the more mundane ones you mentioned. I like threads you can actually talk about stuff on, not just make a statement and leave without bothering to read anyone else's. I have found the influx of these threads that occurs when events are on to be tedious and I'm too easily bored for that.

I find it a shame that discussion threads are so easily locked though, instead of just allowing us to be adults and have conversations, even when they're difficult, that those of a more sensitive disposition could just ignore instead of running to the staff to complain. We could all learn a lot from each other if we were allowed and willing to listen to every walk of life, without immediately assuming this person is hateful for having a different perspective, or that person is awful because they were raised differently.
I totally agree! I think there is a better balance that could be struck between immediately censoring difficult topics and allowing flame wars. But inevitably, topics like politics always lead to drama and hurt feelings, especially on this forum where most users are eternally online.

I like posting in all kind of threads. I do like reading people’s opinions on things because sometimes they’re funny or offer a perspective I hadn’t considered. I agree that I too like yapping and will often yap at length.

I’m not going to read what everyone’s preference of scoop or cone is,
yo wtf

honestly though i barely engage with the forums unless there's an event going on, especially like this streetpass one where you have to post LOL. some of the mundane ones are fun 'cause i'm nosy but i do ignore the vast majority of them.

I do prefer to post on threads in Brewster’s. I rarely post in other sections. I only post in threads I feel that I can contribute to.

I'll post in everything until I completely blank out on the question. Then I'll stare for a minute and exit. (or just read the posts again, try to find inspiration for an answer).

I think I'm more deterred if there's a detailed discussion happening and I can't make a worthy contribution. This happens a lot in political discourse. I haven't seen those topics here, though.

I just pretty much post in whatever. I'm usually not thinking too deep

1. Any threads where i can come up with fun responses to.
2. Threads based on threads, specially the yarn kind of thread. I do enjoy programming threading threads too, but they aren't as common anymore.

I like the random and unique topics in Brewster's Cafe. The threads like Thoughts on thoughts, Life after death, "exposure", If you could go back in time to change your life and What did you dream about have been pretty fun to post in and read through.
Anything in the woods is automatically cool as well, like the AC island roleplay and duck threads.
Basement games are fun and all, but I still like Brewster's Cafe more because the posts are more substantial.

Back