• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Obscure Observations (Crews 1 & 2)

Got a bit carried away. Gulliver looking suave icl

Stellar Journals

As we prepared to embark on our once-in-a-lifetime journey aboard “The Lopez" our eyes were filled with wonder. The Lopez is a colossal, state-of-the-art space station, adorned with gleaming, mint-coloured metallic surfaces and cutting-edge technology; offering an awe-inspiring sanctuary for spacefarers and scientists alike. The spaceship was a marvel of engineering, with its sleek design and its metallic hull shimmered in the sunlight, said to reflect the dreams of those who board it.
1-ship-png.504003

We were greeted by Captain Gulliver, the seasoned astronaut who would be leading our expedition. He donned a dashing aviator's hat and celestial scarf, his iridescent feathers shimmering like stardust. A noticeable gleam coated his eyes, exuding a boundless curiosity and sense of adventure that knew no bounds. The Captain gave us a quick tour, before suggesting we established a code name. With the boundless possibilities of space you never know when a codename may be useful but being an indecisive bunch we settled on “Actually, Nevermind” (‘ANVM’ for short.)
2.Roast bird.PNG

The spaceship hummed with life as it gracefully lifted off the ground, leaving behind the familiarity of Nookville. The Neverminders, myself included, could hardly sit still in our seats as we eagerly awaited the adventures ahead. Within seconds pierced through the atmosphere, the blues and greens of Earth transitioning to darker hues almost instantaneously. Thousands of stars twinkled outside our windows like diamonds against the velvety canvas of space. It was breathtaking.
3. Lift off.PNG

With our first stop being The Observatory, Lopez began to slow allowing us to marvel at the vastness around us. We encountered stunning cosmic phenomena – nebulas, distant galaxies, and even a passing comet. Rat is an avid painter and couldn’t believe her eyes, her passion was immeasurable. “Space is so vast, yet full of such beauty. It's like a never-ending painting. I wish I could capture it all.” she marveled. Throughout the journey, Captain Gulliver and his moderators conducted lessons about celestial navigation, planets, and the importance of space exploration. We tried to soak up every piece of knowledge, filling our journals with sketches, diagrams, and heartfelt reflections.
4. Rosiethe RAT.PNG

On Day 4, we approached The Observatory. The spaceship encountered a gravitational anomaly which was tense, but the experienced crew managed to navigate safely through the disturbance. The Observatory is well known as being a hotspot for constellations and as we landed the stars outside were brighter than ever. Earth felt like a distant memory. Amidst the wonders, one constellation that stuck out was ‘The Lazy Squirrel’ - a luminescent creature laced with patterns of stars on its coat. According to Gulliver, a clever squirrel saved its tribe during a harsh winter by gathering and sharing an abundant harvest. The celestial squirrel's selfless act earned it a place among the stars, forever reminding us of the importance of community and compassion. How heartwarming!
5. Squivvel.PNG

As I write this we are on our way to ‘The Cargo Hold’, but our group is closer than ever! Our bond may even transcend the vastness of space. More soon!

Attachments

• 1. Ship.PNG
    1. Ship.PNG
    352.4 KB · Views: 366
Got a bit carried away. Gulliver looking suave icl

Stellar Journals

As we prepared to embark on our once-in-a-lifetime journey aboard “The Lopez" our eyes were filled with wonder. The Lopez is a colossal, state-of-the-art space station, adorned with gleaming, mint-coloured metallic surfaces and cutting-edge technology; offering an awe-inspiring sanctuary for spacefarers and scientists alike. The spaceship was a marvel of engineering, with its sleek design and its metallic hull shimmered in the sunlight, said to reflect the dreams of those who board it.
1-ship-png.504003

We were greeted by Captain Gulliver, the seasoned astronaut who would be leading our expedition. He donned a dashing aviator's hat and celestial scarf, his iridescent feathers shimmering like stardust. A noticeable gleam coated his eyes, exuding a boundless curiosity and sense of adventure that knew no bounds. The Captain gave us a quick tour, before suggesting we established a code name. With the boundless possibilities of space you never know when a codename may be useful but being an indecisive bunch we settled on “Actually, Nevermind” (‘ANVM’ for short.)
View attachment 504004
The spaceship hummed with life as it gracefully lifted off the ground, leaving behind the familiarity of Nookville. The Neverminders, myself included, could hardly sit still in our seats as we eagerly awaited the adventures ahead. Within seconds pierced through the atmosphere, the blues and greens of Earth transitioning to darker hues almost instantaneously. Thousands of stars twinkled outside our windows like diamonds against the velvety canvas of space. It was breathtaking.
View attachment 504005
With our first stop being The Observatory, Lopez began to slow allowing us to marvel at the vastness around us. We encountered stunning cosmic phenomena – nebulas, distant galaxies, and even a passing comet. Rat is an avid painter and couldn’t believe her eyes, her passion was immeasurable. “Space is so vast, yet full of such beauty. It's like a never-ending painting. I wish I could capture it all.” she marveled. Throughout the journey, Captain Gulliver and his moderators conducted lessons about celestial navigation, planets, and the importance of space exploration. We tried to soak up every piece of knowledge, filling our journals with sketches, diagrams, and heartfelt reflections.
View attachment 504006

On Day 4, we approached The Observatory. The spaceship encountered a gravitational anomaly which was tense, but the experienced crew managed to navigate safely through the disturbance. The Observatory is well known as being a hotspot for constellations and as we landed the stars outside were brighter than ever. Earth felt like a distant memory. Amidst the wonders, one constellation that stuck out was ‘The Lazy Squirrel’ - a luminescent creature laced with patterns of stars on its coat. According to Gulliver, a clever squirrel saved its tribe during a harsh winter by gathering and sharing an abundant harvest. The celestial squirrel's selfless act earned it a place among the stars, forever reminding us of the importance of community and compassion. How heartwarming!
View attachment 504007
As I write this we are on our way to ‘The Cargo Hold’, but our group is closer than ever! Our bond may even transcend the vastness of space. More soon!

absolutely ADORE all the drawings and how they're based on stars/constellations - ESPECIALLY MY LIL ISLAND REP 🥺 thanks for including me homie, and amazing story 💙

Ok here's my story. I did my best.

Space, big rocks, a dumb bird, and cookies
The autobiography of a fool

It has been a little under two weeks since our small, but close-knit community boarded “The Lopez” and have been launched into space. Gulliver, the captain of the ship, supposedly went missing without a trace as soon as we exited orbit. I'm still not quite sure what compelled all of us to embark on this perilous journey, but here we are.

There's been hushed talk and panic about some impending catastrophic space debris hurdling towards “The Lopez”. Our co-captains have also received muddled transmissions from Gulliver that they needed us to decipher. They handed the puzzles for us to work out and slipped away. I think they have some secret game room they're keeping to themselves as our group works tirelessly to decode these messages.

I however, found it more fun to use mine as a paper-airplane in zero-gravity. Look at how far it can go! I'm sure Gulliver is fine. Apparently in one of the decoded messages he has been collecting rocks. Sounds really boring. Of course that stupid bird would be doing something like that when we're fighting for our lives to avoid catastrophic failure.

I had thought I packed enough cookies for me until this journey was over, but I've already eaten through several bags and boxes. Stress eating will do that. First there was my forged passport on cardboard. Seriously, how did they not notice it? And our sleeping quarters, being as rickety as they are, seem to be a last minute touch and cheaply held together.

To help calm my nerves, I thought it would be fun to bake some cookies in space. It proved to be a lot more complicated than I originally thought. The flour got everywhere. And I mean everywhere. It got on the ceiling, in the air, the vents, and even in our oxygen reserves. The milk didn't do much better. I thought all the star dust was extreme, but this takes the cake. Hm...I wonder if the staff will mind if I try to bake some cake this time.

Oh? What's this alert? Oxygen levels critical? Foreign contaminant?

posting writing is so embarrassing pls don't look gang

The ship is silent. It seems the war between the bunny and the axolotl is over, at least for the time being... for days this place has been a cacophony of crew members pounding through the halls with arms, buckets, sometimes entire trucks full of stardust, enough stardust to grant a thousand wishes. What do the bunny and axolotl even plan to do with it all? They were in competition to see who would be given more, chuckling to themselves as they watched us ask each other various fatuous questions - what's your favorite this, what do you think of that, would you ever, would you rather - and occasionally telling one another to "touch grass". If only I could! If I were back on earth I would touch all the grass! But I am here, in space...

Just the other day I witnessed a woman in red counting individual pieces of confetti one by one. My heart turned cold in horror at the mere sight of all that counting! She turned to me and asked if I wanted to count it too, but only after she had put it into a jar! I ran away as fast as I could, sure that I was running for my life. When I turned the corner, I further came across others in various shades of green and blue, hiding eggs on the ship. They were hiding them in the tiniest and most obscure nooks the mind could imagine. Worst of all, I felt seized by the compulsion to spend some feverish hours looking for these prized eggs. This is a fearful place. I am terrified that any day now someone will show me a scrambled image and ask me to guess what character it is.

Oh, but I have not gotten to the most nerve-wracking part: I still don't know what my crew's name is. Every time someone begins to address me, they end up saying actually, nevermind. I am agonized with bewilderment. Nevermind what? Nevermind what?!

The ship is silent. It seems the war between the bunny and the axolotl is over, at least for the time being... for days this place has been a cacophony of crew members pounding through the halls with arms, buckets, sometimes entire trucks full of stardust, enough stardust to grant a thousand wishes. What do the bunny and axolotl even plan to do with it all? They were in competition to see who would be given more, chuckling to themselves as they watched us ask each other various fatuous questions - what's your favorite this, what do you think of that, would you ever, would you rather - and occasionally telling one another to "touch grass". If only I could! If I were back on earth I would touch all the grass! But I am here, in space...

Just the other day I witnessed a woman in red counting individual pieces of confetti one by one. My heart turned cold in horror at the mere sight of all that counting! She turned to me and asked if I wanted to count it too, but only after she had put it into a jar! I ran away as fast as I could, sure that I was running for my life. When I turned the corner, I further came across others in various shades of green and blue, hiding eggs on the ship. They were hiding them in the tiniest and most obscure nooks the mind could imagine. Worst of all, I felt seized by the compulsion to spend some feverish hours looking for these prized eggs. This is a fearful place. I am terrified that any day now someone will show me a scrambled image and ask me to guess what character it is.

Oh, but I have not gotten to the most nerve-wracking part: I still don't know what my crew's name is. Every time someone begins to address me, they end up saying actually, nevermind. I am agonized with bewilderment. Nevermind what? Nevermind what?!
Do NOT give them ANY more ideas 😱😱😱

Sasha, The Lazy Roommate

The vast starry skies… the low oxygen levels… and the strange sour smell that I never got used to.

Hopping into a spaceship and rocketing my way up to space wasn't exactly what I had planned but I couldn't say no to a once in a lifetime trip!

I had enrolled myself into TBT Space Camp and was officially part of the Actually, Nevermind crew along with Sasha the lazy rabbit. Lazy indeed. He's super nice and all but just such a slob. I swear the guy never stopped eating and always left crumbs everywhere. I even felt them between my toes when we snuggled up in our pods to go to sleep. And the smell. Good god, I never got used to it. It reeked of sour milk mixed with graham crackers. Must have been one of Sasha's snacks because there was no way someone smelled like that on the regular.

Unfortunately for now, the two of us are stuck being roommates until we align with the main common room while orbiting so I can abandon ship. On the plus side, the common room we're currently sharing is very cozy. It's dark with glowing star lights and lava lamps with a mini kitchen and a rad tv setup. The cozy vibes mixed with the subtle movements of the ship usually knocked me out pretty quickly. Sasha was good when he was asleep. He didn't snore and liked it as quiet as I did. Here up in space you hear absolutely nothing at all and it's wonderful. I definitely do not miss city folk life.

Well, it looks like Sasha wants to play a round of Mario Kart 8 with me so I'll continue this little story another time. Peace out! Don't let the space bugs bite!

The Power of Friendship (featuring @nyx~)
disclaimer: I wrote this all by myself, Nyx is just merely mentioned in the story because I met her in person today!

Mimi sprinted through the very vast area of the Cargo Hold, looking for her best friend Nyx to show her what she had found. The two had been working together to find something really special to express their gratitude to each other. But it had been a couple hours since the duo had parted ways to search for that 'something special', and Mimi hadn't seen her in a while. After what felt like years of looking, Mimi decided to sit down for a moment. She held the bracelets she had found lying around somewhere in the palms of her pale hands. They seemed so fitting, considering they were both on the same team. She wasn't sure how the bracelets even wound up there, but it had to have been fate. Two matching bracelets with axolotl charms on them. She wondered what Nyx had found on her travels throughout the Cargo Hold. After sitting for a couple of minutes, Mimi got back up and continued the search for her dearest friend.

"Mimi!" she heard someone call out. Mimi turned around to see Nyx standing right behind her, with a gigantic smile painted across her face. The two were finally reunited! Mimi held her hand out to display the brand new friendship bracelets.

"How did you find those?" Nyx inquired, tilting her head to the side as she inspected the jewelry.

"I'm actually not sure, they were just laying there next to some questionable abandoned gift shop. I think it's fate!" Mimi smiled, before she slid the bracelet onto her left wrist.

"Wait until you see what I got you, it's not as cool as the bracelets, but.. it's something." Nyx murmured, looking away awkwardly. She was a tad bit embarrassed she didn't find anything up to the standards she created in her own mind. But, it was special, that was all that mattered, right?

"It's a tiny asteroid I found near the dock! I got a second one for me, so we're technically matching!" Nyx smiled as she held out the miniature rock. Mimi grinned from ear to ear, gently picking up the asteroid from Nyx's hands.

"This is so freaking cool! We should try to make them into keychains! So, no matter where we are, separated or not, we'll always be together!"

And ever since then, the two had an inseparable bond. Who would have thought being put on the same team for Space Camp would turn them into even closer friends?!​

i always love the writing tasks in these events, here's what i've got :]
I'll be honest, journal, I'm starting to get concerned. Sure, I've always been a little bit worried about Gulliver - the first time I met him he was face down in the sand in the middle of the day with zero memory of how he got there, for god's sake. But this really takes the cake. Exploring space - an uncharted planet no less - all alone? With a dodgy communication device? And all because he wanted some cool ROCKS? I despair, really. He claims to be on his way back, but the last message we got through from him was alarming to say the least. There seems to be some mysterious life form on the planet with him, and to be quite frank, if they turn out to be vicious I can't say Gulliver doesn't deserve what comes to him. I mean ideally he'd come back because he is technically captain, but equally I think between everyone on this ship we could be equally as competent as Gulliver by himself, if not more so. We're not heading home for a couple of weeks though, so I suppose there's still time for him to reach back out. He does seem to have an uncanny ability to weasel his way out of situations unscathed even when every single odd seems to be stacked against him. It's just a matter of waiting it out, I guess.
In the meantime, though, I am honestly loving ship life. The food is actually quite tasty - who knew freeze dried fruit could taste so good? And our common room is coming along nicely! I can't wait to have a nice cosy area to chill out in at the end of a long day of exploring space and defying gravity. Oh, speaking of, looks like it's time for me to go - we're all finalising design plans together. I'm so lucky to have such a supportive crew on board. Until next time, journal!

this is brilliant ahahah

It's now been about two weeks since we've left our home planet. I've been spending most of my time on our spaceship. I didn't realize how long it takes to travel from planet to planet, even with this high-tech ship we got from Nook. Thankfully our cabin is big enough to accommodate all of us so it's not too cramped (though I can't even imagine the cost with all these extra expansions). The beds aren't too bad either - I can barely tell we're out in space.

I have to admit the big unknown still scares me a bit, but it's so astonishing at the same time. Last week, we passed by so many constellations I didn't even know existed! There were stars forming fruits like the ones we have back home! We never would've seen these from back home, not even with a telescope. And there are tons, TONS of shooting stars out here. I didn't know there were so many different colors. I think the prettiest ones I've seen were the Galaxolotl stars. I hope I can find a fragment to take back with me.

I believe we've still got a week left until we start heading back, though Gulliver has not yet returned. We'll probably have to look for him, so I'll try to get out more and report my findings on what's actually out there. We have a few more planets to stop by. As much as I would love to stay a little longer out here, I definitely do miss being back home.

a poem i wrote, and a bit of a love letter, for this event:
I can’t say I expected ordinary
Getting out of the bus door
The cabins- overrun and dreary
A result of two years before

Though I thought the place would be more shiny
Could I sleep with all that moss?
My friends from camp, as well, were whiny
These ruins left us cross

I should have known when my heart dropped
My words started off maligned
But against my gut, I stopped
Saying, “Actually, nevermind”

I should’ve known when I heard a squawk
I jumped and dropped my guitar
With a clang and a plink and no time to talk
I was suddenly in the stars!

I’m not sure all of this is legal
My passport looks hand-drawn
But sure enough- I let a seagull
Lead me to this ship I'm on

But man, he seems a little crass
How dare he take me here?
I’m used to boats- to ‘lad, and lass’
Not the galaxy’s frontier

I need escape from all the chaos
Songwriting crossed my mind
But the strings on my guitar are lost
So actually, nevermind.

Instead, I choose to take a walk
To my crew, I was behind
But they forgive, we start to talk
And turns out Space is kind

As my eyes explore the specks of shimmer
Painted in the sky
I let my bird-man anger simmer
My confusion starts to die

It’s not too bad, this ol’ space station
I’m not stranded alone
In fact, I’m floating with elation
Gravity left me on my own

The plinky walls become melodic
The metal cargo is a gong
The Lopez is now my instrument
And these people are my song

Twins Sun and Moon are inspiration
Nebula is a muse of mine
I never needed an explanation
I just needed a sign

So I take this whale filled milky-way
It becomes a part of me
Because, at the end of this haywire day
This makes up TBT

And I’m no longer lost in space!
(actually, nevermind)

Here goes nothing! Don't expect amazing writing from me lol.

Things on The Lopez have been fun for me getting to talk with my fellow crew members. In fact, I’ve seen some familiar faces that I teamed up with in the previous camp and it made me feel nostalgic with all the fun memories we made together back in 2021.

It’s only been a couple of weeks since being in space. The Galaxolotls and Actually, Neverminders have recently moved into the cargo hold after spending time in the observatory for a week. It was nice being there with people coming up with many different constellations. Some even went beyond to make a proper drawing of their creations. Each one has a story to tell, and I’d like to think they happened somewhere in the vast universe.

We haven’t gone to the bridge just yet, but I heard that we will be teleported to one of the nearby planets to do some exploring. If some form of life exists on them, it would be interesting to learn more! Life on other planets will always have some difference compared to life on Earth. If it is safe to do so (and not put everyone in jeopardy), we could take some samples and bring them back to our home planet!

Anyways, where has Gulliver gone exactly? The last time we saw him was on shore back on Earth. Surely he was piloting his spaceship eventually when everyone climbed onboard, no? I couldn’t really tell from my surroundings as I had my guard up worried for my own safety. Maybe he did after all and I just didn’t see him. Oh well. When I see Gulliver around on The Lopez, I’ll be sure to say hi to him. But my oh my, he needs to get his head together sometimes.

Reflecting upon myself, I was quite afraid when we were launched into space. But after spending some time up here floating around and admiring the stars and planets outside, I feel a little more relaxed now, especially with my fellow Galaxolotls. I can’t wait to see what next week has for us in store!

I wanted to write something a bit scenic, I think I did a pretty good job capturing some imagery and emotions here. my writing does tend to be wordy, though, and I just barely scraped by the word limit with 493 words haha. wish I had a little more space to write, but it's all good, I made it work! hope you guys enjoy ✨

Embracing the Unknown

This is a far cry from the typical evenings I spend, lounging by the fireplace, a hot cup of coffee in hand, slippers and all. Definitely so. On this night, I find myself in a mysterious place, a place of gleaming metals and delicate equipment. A place, perhaps, containing all the knowledge and wonder of the universe and, simultaneously, a desolate and sparkling plane of nothingness. Surely this trip will be nothing short of exhilarating, yet I cannot help but feel some sort of uneasiness at the prospect of entering the great void, the true final frontier. There’s little time for such ponderings, though; we must make the most of such a wondrous opportunity! Leaving behind those cozy thoughts of home, I step out of my pod, don my suit and helmet, and exit the crew’s quarters. It is the first night of data collection taken from the observation of outer space, grandiose yet humble, and my crew and I are boarding The Lopez’s explorational spacecraft.

What a time to be alive, I think to myself.

As we approach a remote planet, seemingly desolate and lacking any forms of life, I can’t help but contemplate the near infinite possibilities of findings we might make on this three-week journey. I also can’t help but feel a bit of existentialism; how did I find myself here? What am I doing here? What are we doing here? In my questioning time seems at a standstill, yet within a moment’s reach I find myself standing on the dusty surface of this unfamiliar planet. Gravity is certainly an interesting factor. I feel as if my legs will crumble under me, ironically enough, as I carry the weight of dependability on my shoulders. People wait in anticipation, back home. Thinking about those sleepy dreamers makes my anxiety creep in once more. But this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and I plan to take full advantage of it.

My crew stands a mere 20-something feet away, yet I feel isolated. I have been assigned to collect mineral specimens. A random thought comes to mind, “there could potentially be creepy creatures and even undiscovered elements on this planet!” Or so I’ve heard. My crewmates might also be embracing the spirit of the “Actually, Nevermind” name. Hooligans, I tell ‘ya.

Stepping further into isolation I find that the dust on this planet’s surface is incredibly fine, truly otherworldly. It stirs so eloquently into the thick atmosphere as my heavy boots trudge through it. I should be performing a task but, I think to myself, it would be crazy of me to not take a moment to simply observe this extraterrestrial beauty. It was one of the longest moments of my young life, as time stood still once more, but there’s something chilling and intriguing about embracing the unknown, even if only for a little while. I begin my collections, and the memory lingers on, perhaps as infinitely as the vastness of space itself.

An Encounter with a Strange Bird

Zzzz...nyam...nyam...nyam...

"What is that noise?" I thought to myself while half asleep in my cabin bed.

Bzzp...beep boop beep...

I slowly opened my eyes afraid of what I'd see. As my vision came into focus, I could see that our camp quarters looked like a hurricane had came through. Then I saw what seemed to be a strange bird in the centre of it all.

"...Who are you?" I asked hesitantly.

"Oh, hello stranger! Is this your dwelling?" the bird replied in an excited tone.

Before I could even answer, the bird kept talking. "I was exploring this area that I'd never seen before and found all these amazing objects in here!" He said, holding up someone's Nintendo Switch and someone else's clothing. "I didn't think I'd find life here, it is amazing to meet you fellow traveller!"

The more the bird kept talking the more confused I got. He said something about traveling, something about special rocks and specimens he had collected on his journey, and something about being lost.

"I know! I'll contact my crewmates on my communication device!" He suddenly exclaimed holding an unusual device.

"...oh no! It's not working!" The bird said. "Wait...YOU! Yes, you! You can help me!"

"Uh, I'm not so sure about that" I replied in hopes that the bird would just leave.

"Yes, yes! Yes you can!" The bird said excitedly. "I'm none ulliver than Gulliver by the way, a seafaring seagull of the seven seas. Together with you I can get back to my crew!"

Before I could respond, Gulliver rushed over to me and told me to scavenge what I could find on the ship to help him. Reluctantly, I found some tools and parts in our common room that could help him.

Bonk, bang, clash!

Within seconds, Gulliver had modified his device into something that looked even more questionable. It seemed to work however, despite his lack of knowledge around electrical engineering and communications.

"OH MY GOSH! You, my fellow traveller, have saved my feathers! I've got to get back to my crewmates!" He said.

After that, he was gone in a flash. "What a weird dream" I thought to myself, only to realize that this whole situation was real. Thank gosh that bird is gone.

----

I have to say I haven't done creative writing in years. Never been a fan of writing as I suck at it, so I hope my story is at least readable! 😅

Adventures with Gulliver!
I was somehow lucky enough to win an adventure with Gulliver. I walked up the bridge, looked around and Gulliver was not there to be seen.

“Now, where is that seagull?” I wondered. “He’s got to be here?” I heard a strange noise coming down from the hall. Someone was running.

“Whew there! Sorry I’m late!” Gulliver arrived. “There was a problem, actually, nevermind. Anyhow, let’s begin!” I am excited for this. We get to explore a planet! “First thing first!” Gulliver cheered, “We get on the shuttle!”

Gulliver and I boarded the ship, and prepared. Gulliver went over some instructions. He was clear about what buttons did what. “No matter what, on every return, you always hit the right button on that wall over there. That locks the shuttle in for us to get into the bridge.”
After flying through space, we landed on the planet. We have explored up, down, left and right. We’ve saw creatures never before seen, flowers taller than us, and even trees that had two stumps! It was weird, but cool. My favorite part was seeing how everything was different. I even came across the cutest creature, but Gulliver said I couldn’t take it home. It was fluffy, had big eyes, looked like a bunny with three ears, but sounded like a whale. It was weird combo, but you just had to see it.

Long after exploring everything, it was time to pack it up. We got back on the shuttle and flew back. It took a bit longer this time around, but nonetheless, just looking out into space is amazing every time. When we finally connected to the space station, I helped Gulliver set some things back to normal.
“Hey there, why don’t you go ahead and press the lock button?” Gulliver asked, “I am just going to stay back and finish up. Have fun with your Galaloxotl crew!” I thanked him and walked out. When I got to the button, I had to remember which button. I know there’s a right button to press but they all looked the same. Right! This one on the left, I remember now. All of sudden, the alarms went off and the doors to shuttle shut tight.

“Hey! What’s going on!” Gulliver panicked. “I’m still in here!” I tried what I could do as I could see the panic in his eyes. I tried pressing some buttons when I realized my mistake. I pressed the left button instead of the right button. How could I forget? I watched as Gulliver looked at me and sighed, almost as if he has gone through this before. In a moment later, the shuttle was off, going to who knows where. I didn’t know what to do other than wave goodbye and put on a smile, or at least I thought I did.
“Mmm… I should let the staff know or something.” I said before walking off as Gulliver soared into the deep space to who knows where.

Oops...

The Galaxolotl

A moonlight path glimmered over the still waters of Lucia. This planet was completely untouched until the Galaxolotls landed on it, and we only had only arrived here. We had spread out slightly over the lakeside we had landed on, because this planet was nothing like what we have seen before! The grass was slightly emerald coloured, and the sky shimmered of gold. The lake looked like liquid silver with interesting creatures swimming in its depths. I took a step towards the water’s edge, peering into the lake. That was when I saw a little being sitting solemnly on the rocky lakebed. My fingers kissed the water as I submerged my hand to gently stroke the little animal. Then her gills popped up from her head and, it was an axolotl!

“Guys! I found it!” I exclaimed, raising myself off the ground, calling all the Galaxolotls.

They all rushed to me, looking through the water to where the axolotl sat.

“The Galaxolotl!” A few of them said excitedly.

We were all looking for this Galaxolotl for the duration of our space travels, hence our name. We knew of this creature from legends and stories from our elders, but we were yet to find one. But now we did! Her silvery skin blended in nicely with the water and cute smile caused us to gawk over her. We took our photos and wrote of what we observed, but we left her to be. We didn’t want to disturb this wonderous creature. We said our goodbyes and shared happy conversations as we returned to our ship, with this new record of their existence, space biology knowledge has only grown!

Remote Planet Observations and Tins of Steel

Scratching my head in disbelief, I wonder how long I have been asleep for; as well as wondering what could be in all of these boxes marked with the words "supplies." The peaceful serenity is quickly disturbed by the squawking sounds coming from Gulliver. Why can't he be quiet for a minute so that I can check my bearings and check what is in these mysterious boxes; which seem to have taken up too much precious space in the spaceship. I throw Gulliver's helmet at him and tell him to polish it. He is quiet for awhile as I manage to look through the spaceship portals.

There seems to be no life on this remote planet so I decide to open one box of supplies at a time to see if there is anything in there for me to eat at least. I am so hungry at this stage that even Gulliver is looking good enough to eat as I imagine him on a skewer and dripping in garlic chilli sauce. My mind takes me back to reality now. Hopefully I will find some nice space food in these boxes like mac and cheese or beef in black bean sauce. I open every box and all that I see in each box are tins of steel. These tins seem to contain mackerel, tuna and sardines and an overwhelming fear of disappointment fills my mind. "Who wants to eat this food?" I ask.

Suddenly I see a pair of piercing yellow eyes starring at me through the portal. Before long there are more eyes starring at me and Gulliver begins to squawk madly again. I can now hear a sequence of meows coming from outside the spaceship. I look out again and then I see it. There is nothing else but hundreds of cute fluffy cats living on this remote planet and I realise now what the tins are for. They are supplies for the cats so that they can continue to rule the planet. With the help of Gulliver, we transport all the cans out to the cats so they can survive on this planet. They seem content now but I am still feeling hungry. If only someone could deliver me a delicious hot spicy burrito right now with all the trimmings, except for fish!!!!!

momoko8_1_Star_Review.png

I’m so disappointed. I booked what I thought was your typical run-of-the-mill “Space Camp”, thinking that it would be an innocent, sweet, little space-themed retreat in a forest somewhere. However, when I showed up to the address that I was given, all of my belongings were packed into crates and lugged inside an actual spaceship piloted by a literal seagull. I seriously doubt this guy was even certified to fly the thing. But I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, I thought, “Well, maybe we’re role-playing and we will simply just sleep in the spaceship”. WRONG. AGAIN. An hour later I find myself strapped in, hanging on for DEAR LIFE as we are propelled into outer space at the most intense speeds. I actually PASSED OUT a couple times until we finally made it out of Earth’s atmosphere.

After that, I tried to speak to a manager as soon as possible but I was immediately sorted into a team with some random people. I was really concerned but no one else seemed to feel the same way because my team and the 3 other teams immediately accepted the fact that we were in OUTER SPACE and began discussing colors, names, and flag designs. Why?????

Oh, and if that wasn’t ridiculous enough, suddenly we were FORCED to collect dust which the staff kept telling us was actually “”“stardust”””. I don’t know if that’s true or not, but if it is, then I think I’m going to file a lawsuit because that means I would have been exposed to HARMFUL RADIATION! The dust got literally EVERYWHERE!! Even now, weeks later, I keep finding flecks of dust in my fur. DISGUSTING.

As for the spaceship itself, the captain – his name was something weird like Gorliver or Ghoullifer – anyway the captain took off on his own to “see the sights” - whatever that means - and of course the staff kept losing contact with him and somehow made it OUR problem by making US decode HIS messages. Why don’t you do your job!! WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE CAMPING! The messages took FOREVER to decode and they weren’t even anything important!

Before this Gullergrove guy came back, staff continued to EXPLOIT us by making us retrieve all kinds of odds and ends, some of them literally IMPOSSIBLE to find! They called it a “scavenger hunt”. How am I supposed to scavenge for a body of water or a streetlight while I’m on a SPACESHIP? They also asked us to decorate the COMPLETELY EMPTY common room! So this spaceship wasn’t even FINISHED before we got on it! SO UNPROFESSIONAL.

When the seagull “pilot” finally made it back, well, he acted really inappropriately to say the least. He kept weirding me out with his alien stones. I think he crash-landed the mothership on purpose. Rescue services are taking FOREVER. In conclusion, I have NOT ENJOYED my time on this excursion. DO NOT RECOMMEND. I would give ZERO STARS if I could!!!!!!!!!
Note: This fictional account does not reflect my feelings about this event just FYI, I love Space Camp :blush:

The Lopez needs a new source of energy, for which its current fuel system is too reliant on the weeds of rundown islands! On this uncharted planet there seems to be an abundance of moss that exhibit fuel like properties based on my research so far.

Aim: To determine whether the blue or purple glowing moss yields more energy for The Lopez.
Hypothesis: The purple glowing moss is warmer, therefore I predict it is holding more energy!
Equipment: Purple and blue glowing moss, moss burners, tin cans, crystal water, thermometer, scales measuring cylinders
Safety Hazards: Spirit burners will burn your feathers!!!! Do not ingest the moss, may be toxic. Wear protection.
Method:
1. Fill tin can with 250mL crystal water and put over moss burner with thermometer inside
2. Weigh the spirit burner and the moss, and light the moss burner with purple and blue each time
3. After the temperature has risen by 10 degrees, put out the flame
4. Reweigh the moss burner
Results:
The final mass of the purple moss decreased by 0.5 grams, while the blue moss decreased by 0.4 grams. This means the blue moss was able to raise the temperature of water with less resource! This will be great as a power source for the Lopez.

However, upon further discovery I did manage to uncover a pink variant of the glowing moss... I will have to look into it!

Back