Splatoon New Splatoon 3 Special Edition OLED Switch and Matching Accessories!

Holla

🌸
Bells
Night Sky Scenery
Shooting Star
Celeste Chick Plush
Shooting Star
Night Sky Scenery
White Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Green Star Fragment
They finally announced a special edition Splatoon 3 OLED Switch! I put off getting an OLED Switch in hopes this would happen and man it’s gorgeous!

60322E21-7358-48BE-B668-A347026A7821.jpeg

Here’s the official video:

There’s also a matching Pro Controller (sold separately):
92DCD374-0637-45E6-B78A-AC9E4ED46125.jpeg

And carrying case (also sold separately):
6DC10B93-6046-48FC-B96C-2F1C8A6FF8B4.jpeg

Last edited:
holy holy hOLY MOTHER OF NOOK if only i had an excuse to get a new switch i would definitely get this. im so excited for splatoon 3!! :D

I would get this but I won't because I don't trust newer switch consoles anymore. I would get the joycons alone when I find someone selling them separately from the console itself.

While the design of the unit and dock looks great, I'm only interested in the pro controller as I might need one when Splatoon 3 comes out. I exclusively play docked on an oled tv.

Honestly I'd think Nin would get more sales for limited time Splatoon 3 themed joycons than an OLED system. Most who wanted OLED already bought an OLED.
I think I read earlier that it doesn't come with a digital copy like the AC switch did.
I wonder if they will release some joycons later without having to buy a whole console.

Honestly I'd think Nin would get more sales for limited time Splatoon 3 themed joycons than an OLED system. Most who wanted OLED already bought an OLED.
I think I read earlier that it doesn't come with a digital copy like the AC switch did.
I wonder if they will release some joycons later without having to buy a whole console.
They did it before on those Splatoon 2 joycons (neon green and pink), though the whole unit is just standard with different-colored joycons. Not an actual themed special edition.

Well, I'm not personally interested as they'd just end up drifting (lol), but I can see the appeal for collectors.

I specifically held off on getting an OLED because I knew I wanted to see if a cool special edition would happen. Glad my patience paid off, but yes many others didn’t wait and now regret getting a normal OLED. The OLED model also isn’t really necessary for people who always or mostly play docked though imo. Only players like me who mostly or near exclusively play handheld/tabletop would benefit from most of its new features.

I highly doubt they will release the Joycons separately unfortunately. I hope they do for those who want them but I feel like it’s pretty unlikely. I remember really wanting the Animal Crossing Joycons when they were announced but you couldn’t buy them separately (unless through some sort of overpriced private sale or unofficial shell replicas). My OG Switch was plenty fine so I definitely wasn’t about to buy a a second whole console for just the Joycons. I can see this happening again for this new edition for people who already have an OLED or a regular Switch who really only plays docked.
Post automatically merged:

They did it before on those Splatoon 2 joycons (neon green and pink), though the whole unit is just standard with different-colored joycons. Not an actual themed special edition.

Well, I'm not personally interested as they'd just end up drifting (lol), but I can see the appeal for collectors.

Also to note while yes they later released the Splatoon 2 coloured Joycons separately from the bundle the separate ones are actually opposite of the ones in the bundle. Left and right are swapped basically. It’s minor but just something to note.

4C22EBB5-B6A9-4136-A752-77F97FC8965A.jpeg

16DED682-2395-4BEA-9832-372D2F4CF1F7.jpeg

Last edited:
While the design of the unit and dock looks great, I'm only interested in the pro controller as I might need one when Splatoon 3 comes out. I exclusively play docked on an oled tv.
i wish the pro controller had more color with the black. Maybe have the icons outlined in the cobalt blue n yellowish green.

i wish the pro controller had more color with the black. Maybe have the icons outlined in the cobalt blue n yellowish green.
Same sentiment, to be honest. This one looks a bit similar to the Splatoon 2 with just different colored grips. Wish they could've gone all out. The Forza Horizon Xbox Series controller looks more like a design from Splatoon, than any of their actual pro controllers lol.

Well, I just been needing a pro controller. Might as well get the latest if I'm getting one soon.

Last edited:
Also to note while yes they later released the Splatoon 2 coloured Joycons separately from the bundle the separate ones are actually opposite of the ones in the bundle. Left and right are swapped basically. It’s minor but just something to note.

View attachment 446750
View attachment 446751
Ah yes, I remember the reverse color. But there's also a stand-alone version of joycons similar to the ones in the bundled edition. Back then, I couldn't find the ones that are reversed, at least in the stores where I live. It's mostly green (left) and pink (right) joycons that are available here.

I love it so much! I think its soo cute but I love my switch with all my stickers on it!! I definitely would never buy another switch because I hate switch but the games are great. I will be looking on Ebay for someone reselling the joycons for SURE! Also in the trailer did I here an Octoshot?!?!??!!? Is my baby confirmed. I like it better than splatershot even though they are pretty much the same.

I like the controllers and Joy-Cons. Would definitely get if sold separately.

Super gorgeous, but as I recently bought a new OG Switch model not getting it unless someone would randomly gift me, lol.

This looks so good! 🤩 Does anyone think they’ll do multiple restocks of it, or are they limited edition? I remember the ACNH edition Switch had some restocks, but Splatoon isn’t quite as popular…

I’m still waiting on the Canadian preorders to go live. Definitely getting the Switch and Pro Controller as well. I don’t think I’ll get the case though as I like the ones Japan is getting more so I’ll probably import that instead. :)

I’m still waiting on the Canadian preorders to go live. Definitely getting the Switch and Pro Controller as well. I don’t think I’ll get the case though as I like the ones Japan is getting more so I’ll probably import that instead. :)
Is US version case different than the one in Japan??
I'm waiting for the US pre order as well, checking it everyday

Is US version case different than the one in Japan??
I'm waiting for the US pre order as well, checking it everyday

I have the Splatoon 2 version of the new case we are getting and it’s ok but I personally find it really small as it only holds a Switch and a couple of games. It’s also not a hard case so not the most protective for a form fitting case imo.

Japan actually has a full 2 different collections of cases to choose from. I plan on ordering the Active case in type B (it’s the vertical one) as it has a strap for using it across body and it also holds an AC adaptor and Pro Controller. Here’s a sneak peak at the Japanese cases:

BDE31FF4-2883-42C9-B2EB-7E2220776BCF.jpeg

You can find more details about each item here: https://sirusgaming.com/splatoon-3-nintendo-switch-accessories-announced/

Back