Pokémon Mimikyu, Grimmsnarl, or Tinkaton

Which of these dual-type Fairy Pokémon do you like best?

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Yep, it’s another of these polls by your resident apple, Alolan_Apples.

Over the last three Pokémon generations, a new dual-type, troll-like, Fairy Pokémon has been introduced. Which one of these naughty creatures do you like most? The creepy doll, the forest troll, or the hammer girl?

I do love tinkaton, but mimikyu will always have my heart, it's so cute and It's still my pfp on multiple things!! I have a massive mimikyu plush on my bed, and I have plans to get more in the future.
Ghost type is my absolute favourite, so that also adds extra points to it!

Of the three, Grimmsnarl is my least favorite. I don't like the designs of any of the Impidimp line.

Tinkaton has earned a spot in my top five favorite Paldea Pokémon, but even so, Mimikyu is a better Pokemon because of its Ghost typing and creepy design. That, and I still have a strong bias towards the Alola generation (even though I really liked the Paldea Pokémon).

I remember one time right when I was about to battle the totem Mimikyu in Ultra Sun, I put my Mimikyu plush behind my 3DS and took a picture of the whole thing, making it look like Mimikyu escaped my 3DS.

Grimmsnarl > Mimikyu > Tinkaton.

I think tinkaton is really dumb and don't understand why everyone loves it. But then again I don't particularly like pokemon that hold items, like Delphox and Rillaboom

Grimmsnarl > Mimikyu > Tinkaton
This is the exact same for me. Grimmsnarl is my favourite of the three and right now the best competitive wise of the three. You gotta love Prankster. Its design is one of the best for the Galar mons and I love its Gmax.

Mimikyu has to be second. Ghost/Fairy is a good typing with neutral coverage to most mons. Its also creepy yet cute.

Tinkaton is just sad. The BST is sad. The choice in abilities is sad. The lore is cute, especially with Corviknight, but its also sad because Corviknight is actually better than it lol.

I have really used Mimikyu that much yet, though not because I don’t want to. It’s just that my play style hasn’t let me yet. However, I have used Tinkaton quite a bit and my girl is STRONG! (Sounds like I got lucky there)

Mimikyu is my a favorite of the three. The overall concept is cool, I like the typing, its Ability of Disguise is neat, and I enjoy its creepy design.

My second favorite of this bunch, and it's a close second, is Grimmsnarl. I like the whole Impidimp evolutionary line and Grimmsnarl's design is great. Only downside for me is the Speed stat.

Tinkaton's in third by process of elimination. The other two are just more my thing. I will say that its lowish Attack stat, despite carrying around that enormous hammer, has always bugged me even though I understand that it was to try to balance with its great move Gigaton Hammer. As someone who loves Regigigas' design but will always be disappointed by its Slow Start Ability dooming it to be forever mediocre (even though we're in a post-Mega Rayquaza world) and since they abandoned Mega Evolution before the Sinnoh remakes so it doesn't even get a Primal Reversion, I feel like they just don't do well at trying to hamper Pokémon they think will be too powerful, they go too far with it.

Last edited:
I have not used Mimikyu and I also have little or no experience playing with any Gen 8/9 pokemon, so based on appearances/lore alone my favorite is definitely Tinkaton! I really love the concept of a smol girl who is adorable and also badass bc she wields an absolutely massive hammer and clobbers people with it effortlessly. she's honestly one of my favorite Paldea pokemon in general.

I don't really have any strong opinions towards Mimikyu or Grimmsnarl. with Mimikyu, I've never really been that connected to because I hear about it constantly which gives me that "it's a bit overrated" vibe unfortunately. though I will say, I love whatever the little creature is that hides under the cloak, a spooky boy for sure hehe. as for Grimmsnarl, I don't know, I do like its design but I'm just indifferent to it.

Mimikyu sweep. I like Tinkaton but I feel the execution is a little lacking, and Grimmsnarl is cool but there are weird shapes and aspects in its body I’m not fond of. Unfortunately I think Grimmsnarl suffered from gen 8 design direction, the face and concept are cool- I’d still like it to be a bit weird but it feels clunky.

Hard to pick between Tinkaton and Mimikyu, but I picked Mimikyu because I don't even have Scarlet or Violet and I actually used a Mimikyu in Sun & Ultra Sun.

Hmm, this is a toughie, but I will answer.

I used to be obsessed with Impidimp back when Sword and Shield got it's hype in 2019, but it's evolution Grimmsnarl is SO ugly that the hype went down real fast.

I never owned Scarlet and Violet, but I heard very good things about Tinkaton. I don't want to give an opinion if I never played the game so I have no opinion on Tinkaton.

In terms of Mimikyu, I only own Ultra Moon in terms of gen 7 games, and it scared me when I did that one trial that one fateful night in 2018. Am I the only one who finds it scary? But it's also really cute and idk why. Never caught one of my own either so idk.

I can see why you pit these three Pokemon against each other, but none won in my heart. Sorry. Felt like giving my opinions anyway. Hope you don't mind.

But if I HAD to choose one based on my experiences, i'd say Mimikyu. I almost bought a Mimikyu plush back when I had a gen 7 obsession, but I didn't. Don't know why I refrained. The plush had a spring dapper look (It was a Pokemon Center exclusive). It's sold out now. Because of that short-lived Ultra Moon obsession which was like one or two years ago, I give my vote to Mimikyu.

Back