• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon You like(d) Pokémon but these things irk(ed) you!

Heartgold/Soulsilver is crazzzzzy expensive and has been for a while. Not sure why that game specifically. Did they not sell a lot of copies maybe? It sucks cause I've never played gen 2 and would like to but not for $200+ for a DS game. I can emulate but I like the idea of a physical copy.

I remember trading my HG/SS and other Pokemon games in a couple years ago and HG/SS had like, $65 trade-in value at GameStop at the time, which surprised me. But it's also the only way I could have gotten my Switch + Smash Ultimate for only $12 out of pocket. I made out like a bandit, lmao.

I remember trading my HG/SS and other Pokemon games in a couple years ago and HG/SS had like, $65 trade-in value at GameStop at the time, which surprised me. But it's also the only way I could have gotten my Switch + Smash Ultimate for only $12 out of pocket. I made out like a bandit, lmao.
I’ve really been wanting to replay HG/SS. I loved that game, especially being based in my favorite region. Older games are still so expensive, and people will pay for them so long as they want to play them. Prices won’t go down if people are buying the games.

I really want a legit copy of Emerald and Sapphire as I have the other three Pokémon GBA games. I accidentally bought a bootleg Emerald but I’m not too upset about it because I bought on eBay for $20 when the game was starting to be at least $40. I had a copy of Emerald but it was stolen from me.

a rant about the state of the online trading card games
I'm a bit concerned about the possibility of people spending real money on digital cards only for them to get erased when the game gets discontinued for a new one. This exact issue happened last year during the transition from the PTCG Online to the PTCG Live where X/Y series cards were made unplayable and gameplay items and HG/SS cards were not transferred at all- they just got deleted. Speaking of which, Live has really poor card textures and shines, to the point where sometimes the cards are unreadable. Live was a huge downgrade for a lot of other reasons too.. So although it's a relief to see how visually nice the cards and effects are in Pocket, I'm disappointed that they didn't just add the new textures to Live since they're really needed there.

The ability to trade and play new game modes could have also been added to Live as well. Both trading and extra game modes were available in Online before they got removed in Live. I don't really see a reason for Pocket and Live to be two different games besides the fact that you will have separate collections in each game, which would facilitate more purchases.

Back