• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

12 Days of Collectibles: Imposter Invasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's safe to say this event has evolved a lot since the first iteration.
The same can be said about the egg hunts and modern TBT Fairs, both of which started way back in 2013. I can point out multiple instances of early-installment weirdness of TBT starting from the New Leaf era.

WAIT ERM WHAT THE FREAK

20231128_074327.jpg

I was at work and I checked my phone for work-related stuff and I saw the notif "Oblivia mentioned you in a post", then my brain was like 'huh omg what time is it. wait a minute. no way??' and let me tell you I stopped deadass in the middle of the room smiling like an idiot reading through the post 😭😭😭 I instantly forgot what I was gonna do LOL. I rarely win raffles so !!!! what a big surprise!!! and the psychedelic bunny at that omg its so cute?? 🥹🐰

thank you so so much staff, esp Oblivia for hosting again this year!! 🫶 I can imagine how happy everyone's been with their wins, manifesting the same luck to everyone for the future raffles! 🤞

Congratulations to all of the many winners of collectibles! I think this was the craziest, most generous event of it's kind that I've seen. Loved it, and also ty for the 'sellback for a gumdrop' ticket feature!

i was playing stardew so i didn’t actually react lolll

but omg i’m so excited i actually won something!! thank you for hosting @Oblivia ^^
Hey man, I've been so wrapped up playing Stardew that time itself became an illusion. No worries at all + you're very welcome!

oh yeah. you did forget to say 'hark', huh?
My days of hark-ing ended in 2016. Guess I'll have to bring back some other outrageously archaic dialect for 12DoC 2024. 😖

congratulations EVERYONEEE - it's so wholesome seeing how happy people are and how we can collectively share that joy each day 🥹 not sure about you guys, but I can't really talk about tbt or collectibles to the outside world LOL, loved seeing how hyped everyone is over the new variants! not usually a festive person, but this year it's been a lil different 💙

thank you Oblivia for hosting this magical event - I would love to know who created the new collectibles, or who's idea it was in the first place and if they knew it would drive us all lil crazy

congratulations EVERYONEEE - it's so wholesome seeing how happy people are and how we can collectively share that joy each day 🥹 not sure about you guys, but I can't really talk about tbt or collectibles to the outside world LOL, loved seeing how hyped everyone is over the new variants! not usually a festive person, but this year it's been a lil different 💙

thank you Oblivia for hosting this magical event - I would love to know who created the new collectibles, or who's idea it was in the first place and if they knew it would drive us all lil crazy
The idea for the imposters was all me, and credit for the recolors goes to:

Inky and Master Ball - Mistreil
Psychedelic Snow Bunny - Mick
Wands, Candy, Pinwheel, and Purple の - Jeremy

Driving anyone crazy wasn't on my mind, but I've been seeing a lot of posts lately about frustration surrounding how rare the OG wands have become and how it's essentially impossible to find a seller for both the heart + star, so I thought introducing a new rarity might help to shift the economy here and throw more appealing trade fodder into the mix. I'll never say never for a straight re-release but it seemed a little too OP for a holiday event.

I try to keep it exciting if nothing else! Hope it's a good crazy. :D

Driving anyone crazy wasn't on my mind, but I've been seeing a lot of posts lately about frustration surrounding how rare the OG wands have become and how it's essentially impossible to find a seller for both the heart + star, so I thought introducing a new rarity might help to shift the economy here and throw more appealing trade fodder into the mix. I'll never say never for a straight re-release but it seemed a little too OP for a holiday event.

now I can credit you all for having excellent recolour tastes 😮‍💨👌

certainly the good kind of crazy!!! hopefully we see a similar event to this in the future 🤩

The other problem is that there’s a lack of TBT in circulation since everyone that has the TBT Bells are either saving it for a much rarer collectible or refuse to part with their Bells. This is why people are now doing trades over buying/selling. I was hoping to get back up to 10k TBT as my balance, but I’m having a hard time doing it no matter what collectibles I’m trying to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back