• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

12 Days of Collectibles: Imposter Invasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another idea to improve the 12 Days of Christmas raffle. Each day, there’s also a 5,000 TBT to 10,000 TBT prize, as there’s always 2 winners for the collectibles, and 1 winner for the Bells, totaling to 36 winners at the end. But that’s only for the 20th anniversary raffle.

The idea for the imposters was all me, and credit for the recolors goes to:

Inky and Master Ball - Mistreil
Psychedelic Snow Bunny - Mick
Wands, Candy, Pinwheel, and Purple の - Jeremy

Driving anyone crazy wasn't on my mind, but I've been seeing a lot of posts lately about frustration surrounding how rare the OG wands have become and how it's essentially impossible to find a seller for both the heart + star, so I thought introducing a new rarity might help to shift the economy here and throw more appealing trade fodder into the mix. I'll never say never for a straight re-release but it seemed a little too OP for a holiday event.

I try to keep it exciting if nothing else! Hope it's a good crazy. :D
Thank u so much Oblivia!!!! This was such a fun event (even if sadly frustrating cuz I wanted one of those soooooooo badddddd!!!!!!) 😂😂😂
Post automatically merged:

Also HUGE MASSIVE CONGRATS to all those lucky duck winners!!!!

I have another idea to improve the 12 Days of Christmas raffle. Each day, there’s also a 5,000 TBT to 10,000 TBT prize, as there’s always 2 winners for the collectibles, and 1 winner for the Bells, totaling to 36 winners at the end. But that’s only for the 20th anniversary raffle.
I won't say this'll never happen, but the raffle is and has always been 12 Days of Collectibles with a central focus on exactly that: high-stakes collectible giveaways.

That said, I always welcome ideas and/or critiques of my events and am certainly not opposed to trying out new format(s) in coming years. :)

I won't say this'll never happen, but the raffle is and has always been 12 Days of Collectibles with a central focus on exactly that: high-stakes collectible giveaways.

That said, I always welcome ideas and/or critiques of my events and am certainly not opposed to trying out new format(s) in coming years. :)
I was just giving out ideas on how to deal with the TBT Bell shortage. I know that times have changed from 2013-2015 when there was a lot of TBT into circulation, but now there’s more collectibles per TBT than there ever was back then.

1000 and +, tbt currency prizes could be fun as a lucky lottery rng thingy to help with currency circulation. I'm not sure for Christmas though. Maybe for much smaller day. But tbt currency isn't the only way to get a collectible you want. You can trade your way.

I almost don't dare ask, but how big is the chance that these will make a comeback in a raffle with our leftover gumdrops?
There may be a leftover Gumdrops raffle but it wouldn't include the imposters.

Edit to sound less disparaging: they won't be released during a potential raffle but that's not to say they'll never be back! I fully intend to include them in next year's 12DoC and they may make a return prior to that. :)

I am glad when 2023 is finally over. This year has nothing good. I have the feeling everyone won something..

Shoutout to @Airysuit tho. I am really happy for you!!! ✨✨✨
I am with you there. I have not been lucky yet 🤞🤞🤞. Let’s hope 2024 brings us luck and happier times ✨💜✨

Last edited:
I haven't won anything at 12 Days of Collectibles yet, and I'm here since a while, but I don't lose hope! I won my first two raffles this year, one at the Halloween event and the Thanksgiving one, one day it will be at 12 Days of Collectibles ;)

Winning or not, it was fun anyway! 😊

don't beat yourself up about it, it took me literally 8 years
Same here. Maybe not 8 12DoC events since I was absent for 31 months (I originally thought forever), but after 7 years since the first time it started, I finally won something from this event.

Though it was a lot more difficult to win early on since only one winner can be picked per day. But now, this is no longer the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back