• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you craft or buy tools?

Do you craft or buy tools?

• Craft cheap tool

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Craft and upgrade tool

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • Buy the cheap tool

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Buy the cheap tool and upgrade

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Buy the colourful/outdoorsy/etc.

Votes: 79 68.7%
  • Use golden tools

Votes: 9 7.8%

• Total voters

Irescien

*✧Operating on 1 braincell✧*
Bells
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
I hear lots of people complaining about how the tools in this game break too often, and how you need to replace them all the time. But im curious, what is usually your course of action when replacing your destroyed tools?

Do you just quickly buy a replacement, or are you a stickler to the crafting system?

Personally i am a loyal user of the Colourful/Outdoorsy/etc. tools, i just want a quick replacement and personally i think they last long enough and arent too expensive. (Except the axe cuz there isnt one for some reason?)

At the start of the game, I would always craft new ones. Now I am lazy and have bells to spare, so I buy the pretty tools, and customise them to make them last as long as possible.

For some tools I buy the cheap one and upgrade, but for fishing rods and bug nets I like using the fish and star ones because they're cuter.

I love the golden tools. They last much longer than cheap ones and regular ones. However, I often craft the regular tool when collecting resources. This is because I am starting over again and I need to get that crafting tool achievement for miles.

In the beginning - crafting. I crafted a lot of tools. But then with them breaking and kind of getting tired of crafting them, I started buying them. I buy the colorful/outdoorsy tools, mostly shovels, and they last an ok amount of time.

I think now that my house is paid off and I have extra bells, it's just a lot more convenient to buy the decent tools.

The one exception - I will continue to craft golden watering cans.

It depends. If I'm feeling alright I'll put up with crafting. But if I'm in a bad mood or just want to focus on something without hunting for sticks and iron nuggets, I'll buy it.

Buy buy buy. In the early game when I’m short on bells I just craft, but later on buying is just easier and then I don’t have to carry sticks in my inventory.

I both craft and buy tools depending on how I'm feeling at any given time. It's circumstantial which I will go with; sometimes I'm low on crafting supplies and don't want to go harvest them so I'll just buy from Timmy & Tommy and sometimes I just want to have the special tool designs from the store. I'd say that I probably buy more tools than I craft just down to convenience and expediency. I think I still have some achievements to unlock for crafting tools though, so I am sure to mix that in sometimes. Plus, sometimes you just need a stone axe since you need some wood but you don't want to actually chop any trees down.

At the start of the game, I would always craft new ones. Now I am lazy and have bells to spare, so I buy the pretty tools, and customise them to make them last as long as possible.
Same. As soon as I get the feeling they're close to breaking I go customize them.

I buy the "Colorful" and "Outdoorsy" tools! I prefer using the Star Net, Elephant Watering Can, etc. when I can, just because they're cute! 😊💗

I definitely buy, it's just easier. I usually keep a stock of tools in storage and which them out when I need to. The only times I craft tools are for the stone axes for whenever I want to farm for wood and not kill my trees lol. As for my usual tools, I think my sets are just all over the place because from my memory, I tend to stick the the fish fishing rod, star net, print-design shovel, and elephant watering cans. I'll use the others sometimes but the ones I mentioned are definitely the ones I use the most often.

When I didn't have any money I would always craft my tools.

But now that I have money I spend it on the colourful type as I am always re-designing areas and need my tools to last.

depends how lazy i feel! i prefer to craft them to work towards the achievement, but it's so much easier to just run off to nooks and buy myself a pretty one lol

I craft my tools because I'm still working towards the Achievement, and I upgrade them so that they'll last longer. I don't usually bother with the golden tools after the first time crafting them because they don't seem to be any better than the regular tools other than the watering can. I stopped picking my produce just so that I wouldn't have to keep using up all of my gold nuggets to make golden watering cans.

I used to buy them all the time. Now I have been crafting them and then upgrading them. I am still trying for the nook mile achievement. I might switch back to buying them after I get the achievement. I really like those colorful fishing rods and star nets.

Back