• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

So how do you bag your groceries???

How do you prefer to bag your groceries?

• Paper Bag

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Plastic Bag

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Reusable Bag

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • Box of some kind

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Containers are for chumps, I just carry everything in my arms

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other?????

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
Reusable bags and a Large Insulated Cooler Bag for frozen/dairy items. Plastic bags are no longer available in stores.
I have different coloured reusable bags for Special items near the door in my computer room. Keep those for yarn and clothing. The rest of the reusable bags are stored in the car. Too many reusable bags are showing up in the landfill.

Colorado banned plastic bags entirely, so the Target that I shop (and everywhere else) at has paper bags. And I bring reusables when I do my weekly grocery trip.

Usually a reusable bag. I don't normally grocery shop myself though.

The plastic bags from Walmart are pretty thick, so I just reuse those.

I reuse plastic bags and have reusable bags. I pay for the groceries and just leave them in the cart with no bag though. lol I bag everything once I'm back at the car so I don't back up the line for the other shoppers. I also always just carry bags in my trunk so I don't forget!

Plastic bags are also banned where I live but I've already been using reusable bags for a while. I have a good collection of them now as it's nice to have different sizes for different things and a few thick study bags for canned goods or heavy stuff. I also have a little rolling cart that I use for groceries since I don't have a car.

plastic bags have been removed from like every store in canada (or maybe just near me) so reusable bags it is.
i also have one of those two-wheeled shopping trolleys and it works well! it's old but still working.

I'm forced to use reusable bags as the stores where I am have stopped using plastic bags. I have no issues with the bags themselves, but I hate having to bag my own items. It makes me feel rushed at the checkout.

The only logical way to carry our food from one place to another is to embrace your inner hamster and stuff those cheeks! 🐹🍎🍌🥕🌽🍄🧅🥦🍓🧀🍖🥓🍕🥚🍦🍭🍩

But really though, heavy things at the bottom, lighter things on top. Eggs are most delicate so we set them aside to be packed alone in their own bag.

Paper, plastic, reusable bags, crates, shoe boxes, metal chests... It doesn't matter to me so long as the groceries make it into the house lol

I generally get my groceries delivered for convenience, but they arrive in paper bags. Paper and reusable bags are the only options here, but if I did need to get groceries from the store, it's unlikely that I went there with enough forethought to bring reusable bags. 😭

I try to use reusable bags when I can but for some reason a lot of them that I use end up breaking. I also tend to forget carrying the reusable bags in the car so when I go to the supermarket I have to either get another reusable bag or usually plastic. For this reason I end up having a lot more reusable bags around the house than bags that I actually use. I really hate that! I also like using paper and plastic bags for other various things so I never just use them only once.

i live somewhere where it costs $$ to use plastic bags so i wrote reusable! but in a honesty i like paper and plastic just as much. plastic is great for meats (I've had so many stains and spills from meat juice leaks...) and paper is great for everything else. i always get at least 1 more use out of paper and plastic bags by using paper bags as recycle bins and plastic bags to line my bathroom trash bin.

Unfortunately, more often than not, I use plastic bags. We were really good about re-usable, but when the pandemic started and grocery stores said we couldn't bring them, we stopped. That's not really a good reason now though, and this post is making me consider making a more concerted effort to start using the re-usable bags again.

i am a baggu user for life! bought my first years ago and it's still going strong, since then i've added to my collection! they fit in so much, easy to wash and are super sturdy

Back