• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

So how do you bag your groceries???

How do you prefer to bag your groceries?

• Paper Bag

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Plastic Bag

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Reusable Bag

Votes: 39 81.3%
  • Box of some kind

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Containers are for chumps, I just carry everything in my arms

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other?????

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

Millysaurusrexjr

Got 2 Be Real
Bells
Island
Melursus
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Flimsy Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
This may be a lame topic but how do you prefer to bag your groceries?

Personally I use reusable bags that can be rolled back up and put in to my purse but what about you? Paper or plastic? Other??? Why?

I’m a reusable bag girly! My parents and I actually have a bunch of reusable bags just for grocery shopping. We used to primarily use plastic bags, but most of the grocery stores that we frequent stopped offering them/started charging for them around the same time that the big switch from plastic to paper straws happened, so we’ve been on the reusable bag train for the past several years. Even on the rare occasion where my parents and I forget to bring a reusable bag in to a store with us, and we have too much stuff to just carry out with our hands, we’ll put our stuff back in the cart, push it out to our car, and bag our groceries there. No more plastic bags for us!

I actually prefer reusable bags to plastic or paper ones, so I’m not complaining! They’re much more durable, less wasteful and better for the environment, and a lot of them have nice designs!

I've recently started being really good about remembering my reusable bag and I love using it cause I can be in and out. I can go in and shop with the bag, go to self checkout, and then put it back in the big bag. Funny part is I didn't even wanna buy that bag but last time I went to Daiso in December they didn't say that they were out of paper bags until you got to checkout so I literally had to buy a reusable bag. So I go grocery shopping with my massive Christmas bag 😎.
When I forget I just get the plastic ones in the store, which I do like to get because I use them as small trash bags. I hate paper bags they're not strong enough, the amount of times the handle has ripped off and everything fell and ruined my day is far too many days!!!

We usually use reusable bags. The store we go to, you have to provide your own. Sometimes we will use a box if there is an empty one sitting on the shelf and the item is an odd shape or weight.
If I'm running to a small store for a couple of items, I use their plastic bags. Then they become bathroom trash can liners.

Plastic bags are banned now in my country (at least province) so we have to use reusable bags. I prefer them anyway since they're reusable, larger, and don't break as easily.

We've been using reusable bags for years now. They hold more, they're sturdier, and they're better for the environment. I like them.

I don't have them with me all the time, so if I make an unexpected stop for a few items I either skip a bag entirely or use a single plastic bag if it's too awkward to carry. If I do use a plastic bag, I keep those and reuse them for other things until they've reached the end of their usefulness. Then, I bring them back to the store drop-off to be recycled.

Strongly prefer paper bags for environmental reasons! Used to be big on reusable ones, but we've mostly ordered groceries for pickup since the pandemic, so we don't really get the opportunity to use those over plastic anymore. We have a plastic bag full of other plastic bags in our kitchen that we take to recycle when it gets full.

Like a maniac. Bread on the bottom, split all frozen items between all bags, and preferably use this splatoon grocery bag that i got from nintendo.

I use plastic bags or whatever bags are given out by the store. It’s most convenient for me. Maybe it’s not the best for the environment, but oh well. I don’t get large quantities of groceries at a time and whatever i do purchase normally just fits in my hands.

I do my main grocery shop online and only stop in physical shops for top-ups (milk/bread/vegetables). These are so small that I can usually just put the items in my backpack, but I do keep a reusable carrier bag in there as well just in case.

we have a million reusable bags so in general i'll just use those, but if i'm not getting that much i'll just use my arms lol

The stores no longer offer plastic bags here so I use reusable bags. There is so many reusable bags in my car

i use the boxes they have at the front of aldi, it's basically the only place i shop for groceries

luv aldi

Back in January, I bought a set of reusable shopping bags that are made for grocery shopping. I saved up for them because they were $30 but they come with removable rods so that I can put them into the cart as I shop.

Reusable bags and a box (the big plastic ones you can buy from the store) for heavier items, I also use my backpack if I don't have much. Stores don't give bags anymore.

the ideal for me is to use my reusable bags but sometimes (sadly often) i forget them... but i always reuse any paper or plastic bags that I get from the store in these cases. they're nice to use as trash bags for small bins or to bring back to the store to recycle.

I try my hardest to remember to use reusable bags. My friend gave me a few really cute ones to keep in my car so I'm getting better about using those, but somehow I still forget to bring them in the store with me about a quarter of the time so then I use paper bags (plastic bags are banned in my state).

I guess it depends on where I’m shopping. If the store still offers plastic bags and they are free I usually just bag them with that. When there’s a charge for bags or no plastic bags I either carry my things in my arms depending on how many things I bought or if I remember my reusable bags I would use that. I have a good amount of reusable bags but still forget them every single time I go out, I promise I’ll do better. I do have a stock pile of plastic bags I use at home for trashcan bags though, so I don’t just throw them out. If I’m shopping at wholesale clubs I might grab a box or two for my items or just roll the cart to my car and load them.

Reusable bags. We keep a few inside of a large tote indoors, and also keep a couple in the trunk of the car.

I have extra large reusable bags from Marshalls that I use as laundry hampers & carriers to the laundromat, too. 😂

i need to be better about using reusable bags. i will use plastic if i forget them, though. i would use paper in those cases if any stores where i live offered them, but they never have.

Back