• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you craft or buy tools?

Do you craft or buy tools?

• Craft cheap tool

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Craft and upgrade tool

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • Buy the cheap tool

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Buy the cheap tool and upgrade

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Buy the colourful/outdoorsy/etc.

Votes: 79 68.7%
  • Use golden tools

Votes: 9 7.8%

• Total voters
I like the colourful ones and I use a certain colour for each of my characters so I just stock up on them when I can.

It depends on my mood and what Iโ€™m doing in-game. If Iโ€™m just playing casually and my tool breaks, and Iโ€™m in the mood to get a little closer to completing the DIY Tools NM Achievement, Iโ€™ll craft my tool. I always just craft a regular tool though, since I donโ€™t feel like wasting my golden nuggets on something thatโ€™ll break after 100 uses.

But if Iโ€™m feeling lazy, or Iโ€™m about to do something thatโ€™ll require multiple of a tool, then Iโ€™ll buy them from the shop. I always buy the fun tools though, since theyโ€™re, well, more fun hehe

I buy them because crafting them is a hassle. It's worse when you dig flowers with a crafted shovel and it breaks out of nowhere, buying is more faster and so I can have multiple copies.

I always buy the highest possible durability for tools that aren't golden. Except for the Slingshot, as between the regular and more expensive slingshots have the same durability number. I'd only craft the gold tools once except for the Slingshot as I mentioned before.

I buy the cute ones from the shop, helps me actually spend money for any nook mile goals that require it and means I don't have to craft them

i only ever craft the stone axe and gold tools (mostly the watering can, net, and fishing rod)

i tend to buy my tools! i can't ever pass up on buying the star net, colorful fishing rod, printed-design shovel or elephant watering can. if i'm visiting an island then i'll make sure to run into the shop to grab a few too :>

I always craft every tool I use and upgrade it to it's next durable form (never gold though, lol). I have the materials to craft them, and it's cheaper than having to always buy them from Nook's Cranny, not to mention always available if I am playing late at night, so why not?

I always buy tools if I can. However, I usually like to play when I wake up with a cup of coffee before work, but I also play after work at night after Nooks Cranny is closed, and of course that is when tools seem to break. I don't mind crafting them, but I prefer to buy the colorful ones!

I don't use the tools much anymore, so I just buy the cheap ones when I need one. Sometimes I'll craft, but only if the materials are readily available.

i buy shovels and sometimes rods, but i craft everything else. nets and axes break too often, idk why they didn't make indestructible tools this is supposed to be a relaxing game ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Iโ€™m really surprised at the skew here! I nearly always craft and upgrade my tools. Iโ€™ve only bought a few to gift to villagers or to use as decorations. I donโ€™t think Iโ€™m especially dedicated to crafting in NH, but I guess itโ€™s unusual to rarely buy the tools. Iโ€™m realizing I actually have no idea how durable the purchased tools are.

I buy the nice-looking tools (love the outdoorsy design and elephant watering can) due to convenience.

Early game I would craft them more, but towards late game I prefer to buy the fancy ones, cause I like theyโ€™re designs much more.

Back