How many animals of each species do you have?

I have:
3 birds/ostriches (Cranston, Sprocket, Phoebe)
2 cats (Raymond and Tangy)
1 anteater (Annabelle)
1 chicken (Knox)
1 tiger (Bangle)
1 elephant (Eloise)
1 bear (Megan)

For some reason I keep getting birds! I usually tend to have more cats and bears/cubs

I have:
  • 1 Alligator (Gayle)
  • 1 Bear (Beardo)
  • 1 Cat (Olivia)
  • 1 Chicken (Becky)
  • 1 Duck (Freckles)
  • 1 Hippo (Biff)
  • 1 Octopus (Zucker)
  • 1 Sheep (Frita)
  • 1 Penguin (Boomer)
  • 1 Wolf (Chief)
My goal from the very beginning was to make sure I limit it so that I only have 1 of any given species at a time for maximum variety, and I'm doing well with that at the moment.

As you can see in my signature, I currently have...

2 Squirrels: Sheldon & Poppy
2 Ostriches: Phil & Phoebe
1 Rhino: Merengue
1 Monkey: Simon
1 Dog: Maddie
1 Penguin: Hopper
1 Elephant: Ellie
1 Cat: Tangy

This is nowhere near what I want my final line up to look like. I'd really like some wolves, deer, and frogs. I'm thinking about letting go of Sheldon, Phoebe, Simon, Merengue, or Ellie soon.

I have all cats and they are Raymond Tangy Rosie Olivia Punchy Bob Lolly Kiki Merry and Ankha I think that’s it might update it later I always forget

I have:
  • 1 duck (molly)
  • 1 bunny (francine)
  • 2 wolves (audie & chief)
  • 1 rhino (hornsby)
  • 1 cat (bob)
  • 2 dogs (cherry & cookie)
  • 1 sheep (dom)
  • 1 horse (Julian)

2 wolves (Dobie & Audie)
2 sheep (Dom & Stella)
2 eagles (Perice and & Avery)
2 bear cubs (Judy & Stitches)
1 horse (Reneigh)
1 rabbit (Tiffany)

The only species in that group that I am inclined to is sheep, I absolutely love all sheep villagers. The fact that I got a pair for eagles, bear cubs and wolves is just by chance. Thou many of the wolves have very good designs, like what LuLuLove said, there isn't a single ugly wolf out there.

I typically try not to have multiples of the same species.havung said that, currently I have 2 frogs cuz Lily moved in and then immediately after Puddles was in my campsite and I couldn't say no.

1 chicken
1 goat
1 elephant
1 ostrich
1 duck
1 bird
1 penguin
1 deer
2 frogs

1 alligator
1 bird
1 bunny
1 cat
1 duck
1 mouse
1 monkey
1 gorilla
2 koalas

Right now 9 cats and 1 dog Goldie...soon it will be all cats LOL

Raymond
Olivia (have had her in every game since she was an original in our GC town :D)
Tom
Bob
Katt
Lolly
Kiki
Tangy
Mitzi

Not sure if I will keep it all cat but I would like too. But there are other villagers I like.

On my main island, I have 4 wolves, 2 deer, 1 goat, 1 rabbit, 1 horse, and 1 eagle. On my other island, there are 2 cats, 2 squirrels, 1 sheep, 1 chicken, 1 cub, 1 dog, 1 goat, and 1 wolf.

2 Cats: Ankha, Kabuki
2 Frogs: Diva, Ribbot
1 Anteater: Annalisa
1 Bear: Klaus
1 Bull: Vic
1 Cub: Pekoe
1 Elephant: Tucker
1 Mouse: Bella

Repeat in species wasn't intended, it just happened that way. I just chose the best villagers for my island's theme while also trying to have at least one of each personality to minimize repetitive dialogue.

I might change some of them someday; particularly the cats (Ankha because Diva's house is way better at the Ancient Egyptian look, Kabuki because I have Vic as my other Cranky and I'm also interested in Dobie but don't want to have 3 Crankies), the frogs (Diva because if I don't replace Ankha she feels redundant, Ribbot because if I keep Diva then maybe I should have Sprocket as my robot for more species variety), and Annalisa (just because, might like Melba or Savannah as my Normal instead) are potentially some I might consider replacing for one reason or another. That said, this is how things stand currently and for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
First island:
1 cub
1 rabbit
1 ostrich
2 sheep
2 wolves
1 bird
1 tiger
1 goat

Second island:
1 eagle
2 bears
1 cub
1 koala
1 hamster
1 rhino
1 deer

I intend to have my island full of chickens. I still don't know who will be my 10th villager.

Right now, it's:
1 wolf (Audie)
1 sheep (Pietro)
8 chickens (Ken is the only missing chicken; I have his Amiibo card)

Back