• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you have a favourite villager species?

Which of the five basic animal groups does your favourite villager species belong to?

• Total voters
Majority of my favorites are mammals and my favorite species are gorillas. A close second are the rabbits.

305134119_448385353922485_7773450696170134500_n.jpg

I like the ducks the most.They're small and have nice feet.I also like the koalas,cats,pigs,squirrels,big bears,chickens,frogs and hippos.

I love all of the avian species... but I guess ostriches are my favorite, considering my town has 5 of them

ironically neither my new leaf nor my new horizons town have a 'bird species' as a permanent villager, unfortunately there are just way cooler birds, especially in the eagle and duck families. We need 15 villager limit back lol

Without a doubt, my favorite species is hamsters. Even though my number one favorite villager is Tabby, there is not a single hamster in the game that I do not find adorable or rank among my favorites for that personality type. Rodney of course has my whole heart, but honestly I wish I had room for them all on my island (in addition to my existing islanders I’ve become much too attached to)

Ducks have also really grown on me as well, they are excellent (looking at deena, freckles, and Weber especially, but…maybe add pate to that, and scoot…just too many great ducks!)

It's a shame there aren't more amphibians and reptiles. They could make some really cool axolotl villagers, and salamanders, and bearded dragons.. Even snakes!!

I guess my favorite species is mammals; specifically cats.

All my villagers are mammals, I weirdly seem to have three squirrels, three deer, two wolves, and two rabbits.

I guess I like having groups of animals rather than just random ones. 😂

My favourite villager species is between 2 Cats ( this is pretty easy to guess why I'd pick cats as one of my favourites) I also love the horses they are all so cute and I enjoy all there personalities.

I picked birds since I love the penguin and duck villagers. I also like the the dog , squirrel and frog villagers. My main island is going back to an almost all penguin island for winter. My second island is quickly becoming mostly ducks and frogs.

Reptiles get the top spot for me. I really love reptiles in real life and am always super excited when they're put in videogames. Especially if they're considered cute rather than villains. Drago, Sly, Boots, and Gayle are some of my favorite reptiles in Animal Crossing.

Second place goes to the frogs. I absolutely love the frog design. The cute eyes on the top of their heads, their short bodies, and the big grins a lot of them have. I love nearly every frog villager. I also currently have 5 pet frogs irl, so that adds to the charm.

I really like the design of the Octopus villagers and how they move their sucker mouth and many limbs, but there are just too few of them to make them a top category.

I do like mammals - especially Squirrels, Deer, and Wolves - but mammals get so much representation in everything that seeing them in a video game isn't as exciting to me.

i feel like i probably say this too much haha, but deers are my absolute favourite species both in-game and irl! i was ecstatic when i found out that deer villagers would be in new leaf, and i’ve loved every one of them since! shino has become my #1 favourite deer as i adore her design, the fact her birthday’s on halloween and honestly everything about her lol, but beau was my favourite back in the day — i still adore him though, along with the rest of them! there isn’t a deer i don’t like tbh. ☺️

runner-up faves are cats and wolves; they’re all so cute!

also, using the animal groups for the poll was a neat idea! i’ve seen this question get asked a lot, but i’ve never seen anyone do it like that. love the creativity! 🖤

It's hard to pick one, but my personal favorites are:

--Cats
--Penguins
--Ducks
--Rabbits
--Mice
--Frogs
--Cubs
--Monkeys

Mammals. Cats 💜 🐈 of course, are my favorite animal and my current island is all-cat. I also love tigers 🐅, wolves 🐺 and some of the horses 🐴 (esp. Julian 🦄, if I had room I'd have him on my island again, no question.)

Yes definitely I love the sheep the most. I think they’re just adorable

This is a tough question but I'll have to go with penguins as my favorite villager specie!

Back