• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

How many animals of each species do you have?

I have:
3 birds/ostriches (Cranston, Sprocket, Phoebe)
2 cats (Raymond and Tangy)
1 anteater (Annabelle)
1 chicken (Knox)
1 tiger (Bangle)
1 elephant (Eloise)
1 bear (Megan)

For some reason I keep getting birds! I usually tend to have more cats and bears/cubs

I have:
  • 1 Alligator (Gayle)
  • 1 Bear (Beardo)
  • 1 Cat (Olivia)
  • 1 Chicken (Becky)
  • 1 Duck (Freckles)
  • 1 Hippo (Biff)
  • 1 Octopus (Zucker)
  • 1 Sheep (Frita)
  • 1 Penguin (Boomer)
  • 1 Wolf (Chief)
My goal from the very beginning was to make sure I limit it so that I only have 1 of any given species at a time for maximum variety, and I'm doing well with that at the moment.

As you can see in my signature, I currently have...

2 Squirrels: Sheldon & Poppy
2 Ostriches: Phil & Phoebe
1 Rhino: Merengue
1 Monkey: Simon
1 Dog: Maddie
1 Penguin: Hopper
1 Elephant: Ellie
1 Cat: Tangy

This is nowhere near what I want my final line up to look like. I'd really like some wolves, deer, and frogs. I'm thinking about letting go of Sheldon, Phoebe, Simon, Merengue, or Ellie soon.

I have all cats and they are Raymond Tangy Rosie Olivia Punchy Bob Lolly Kiki Merry and Ankha I think thatโ€™s it might update it later I always forget

I have:
  • 1 duck (molly)
  • 1 bunny (francine)
  • 2 wolves (audie & chief)
  • 1 rhino (hornsby)
  • 1 cat (bob)
  • 2 dogs (cherry & cookie)
  • 1 sheep (dom)
  • 1 horse (Julian)

2 wolves (Dobie & Audie)
2 sheep (Dom & Stella)
2 eagles (Perice and & Avery)
2 bear cubs (Judy & Stitches)
1 horse (Reneigh)
1 rabbit (Tiffany)

The only species in that group that I am inclined to is sheep, I absolutely love all sheep villagers. The fact that I got a pair for eagles, bear cubs and wolves is just by chance. Thou many of the wolves have very good designs, like what LuLuLove said, there isn't a single ugly wolf out there.

I typically try not to have multiples of the same species.havung said that, currently I have 2 frogs cuz Lily moved in and then immediately after Puddles was in my campsite and I couldn't say no.

1 chicken
1 goat
1 elephant
1 ostrich
1 duck
1 bird
1 penguin
1 deer
2 frogs

1 alligator
1 bird
1 bunny
1 cat
1 duck
1 mouse
1 monkey
1 gorilla
2 koalas

Right now 9 cats and 1 dog Goldie...soon it will be all cats LOL

Raymond
Olivia (have had her in every game since she was an original in our GC town :D)
Tom
Bob
Katt
Lolly
Kiki
Tangy
Mitzi

Not sure if I will keep it all cat but I would like too. But there are other villagers I like.

On my main island, I have 4 wolves, 2 deer, 1 goat, 1 rabbit, 1 horse, and 1 eagle. On my other island, there are 2 cats, 2 squirrels, 1 sheep, 1 chicken, 1 cub, 1 dog, 1 goat, and 1 wolf.

2 Cats: Ankha, Kabuki
2 Frogs: Diva, Ribbot
1 Anteater: Annalisa
1 Bear: Klaus
1 Bull: Vic
1 Cub: Pekoe
1 Elephant: Tucker
1 Mouse: Bella

Repeat in species wasn't intended, it just happened that way. I just chose the best villagers for my island's theme while also trying to have at least one of each personality to minimize repetitive dialogue.

I might change some of them someday; particularly the cats (Ankha because Diva's house is way better at the Ancient Egyptian look, Kabuki because I have Vic as my other Cranky and I'm also interested in Dobie but don't want to have 3 Crankies), the frogs (Diva because if I don't replace Ankha she feels redundant, Ribbot because if I keep Diva then maybe I should have Sprocket as my robot for more species variety), and Annalisa (just because, might like Melba or Savannah as my Normal instead) are potentially some I might consider replacing for one reason or another. That said, this is how things stand currently and for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
First island:
1 cub
1 rabbit
1 ostrich
2 sheep
2 wolves
1 bird
1 tiger
1 goat

Second island:
1 eagle
2 bears
1 cub
1 koala
1 hamster
1 rhino
1 deer

I intend to have my island full of chickens. I still don't know who will be my 10th villager.

Right now, it's:
1 wolf (Audie)
1 sheep (Pietro)
8 chickens (Ken is the only missing chicken; I have his Amiibo card)

Back