• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Favorite and least favorite villager of each species?

ayeeprill

The Hash Slinging Slasher
Bells
Switch
7817-6240-7509
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Orange (Fruit)
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
I asked this awhile ago, shortly after NH came out, but my answers have changed wildly since then so I'm really curious to hear who everyone's favorite and least favorite villager of each species?

here is my list!

Alligator: My favorite alligator villager is definitely Drago! I do like Gayle a lot as well. My least favorite alligator would have to be Alli. I don't hate her or anything but she's the least interesting to me.

Anteater: The only anteater villager I really like is Antonio. He's so basic, he's cute.

Bear: The bears are not a favorite species of mine. I guess my favorite would be either Megan or Curt. As for least favorite, this is hard again because I find them all pretty meh but I guess if I had to single one out it would be Tutu.

Bird: My favorite bird is either Jay, Midge, or Piper. This is another one where none of the villagers really stand out to me that much and I'm not sure I have a #1 favorite bird. However, unlike the bears, I absolutely do have a least favorite bird and that would be Jitters. What is that color scheme?

Bull: Once again, not a huge fan. I'd say my favorite would be Stu because I can vibe with him. Least favorite would be Coach. I...don't like villagers with weird facial hair.

Cat: My favorite cat and my favorite villager in the game is my girl Kiki! I really like Felicity, Bob, Tangy, and Merry as well but they're nowhere near Kiki level. I have two least favorite cat villagers. The first is Raymond, because I'm freaking sick of him. The second is Moe because his eyes creep me out.

Chicken: My favorite chicken is either Egbert, because he's cute or Becky, because I like her purple color scheme. The chickens are another meh species for me. My least favorite would definitely be Broffina - for several reasons.

Cow: My favorite cow is Norma though I do quite like Tipper as well. My least favorite is Naomi, her color scheme is so jarring to me.

Cub: Cubs are a hard one for me. I think I like June best, but I love Cheri and Stitches as well. Least favorite would probably have to be either Barold or Chester, because of their facial hair and the fact that mimes are creepy, respectively.

Deer: My favorite deer is by far Diana, one of my favorites in the whole game. I'm not as crazy about the deer as some people, honestly, but I think overall, I like Bam the least of the deer.

Dog: I love golden retrievers, so I have to go with Goldie as my fave dog villager! I find the dogs so underrated, though - I also love Bones, Biskit, Maddie, Butch, and Daisy! Least favorite would have to be Mac - there's nothing wrong with him, he's just kind of boring to me. Marcel is a close second because, again, mimes are creepy.

Duck: My favorite duck is probably either Bill, who was in my Wild World town forever, or Ketchup for being an iconic queen. I also love Molly, Maelle (an underrated queen!) , Pompom, and Weber.

Eagle: My favorite eagle has to be Apollo! He was one of my original six villagers in the GC game and I've always liked him a lot! I'm considering bringing him in as my cranky when I decide to let Dobie move out. Overall, I find the eagles pretty solid, so I guess I'd say my least favorite is Sterling, nothing against him, I just like all the others more.

Elephant: I LOVE elephants! My favorite is probably either Tia or Tucker, though I do enjoy Big Top quite a bit also. Again, I don't feel much negativity toward any of the elephants - I find them pretty solid overall. I guess I'd say Opal is my least favorite because I hate that color of green.

Frog: Ribbot is for sure my favorite frog, and my second favorite villager overall! I do love the frogs, so I'll hand out honorable mentions to Jeremiah, Frobert, Tad, Lily, and Raddle. (BRING BACK SUNNY THOUGH!!!!!!!!). My least favorite is either Jambette (those lips....) or Prince (Again, facial hair...)

Goat: My favorite goat is either Pashmina or Sherb, but I like Nan a lot too! Least favorite would be Gruff because I don't like puke green villagers.

Gorilla: Oh god. They really do the gorillas as a whole dirty. This might be controversial, but I think my favorite gorilla would actually be Violet as I like her color scheme and Violet is one of my favorite names. Least favorite is definitely Al- he looks like John Travolta and it's unsettling.

Hamster: Again, I don't love the hamsters. I think my favorite is probably Hamlet, he's a nice classic villager. Least favorite is a hot take, but I'm gonna say Flurry, because her blue eyebrows have been bugging me since she was introduced in New Leaf. (I also dislike Rodney quite a bit.)

Hippo: Much like the gorillas, the hippos are done dirty. The only two I even kind of like are Bertha and Biff, but Biff I only like in New Horizons after they changed his color to red. Poop brown Biff isn't my thing. Least favorite would be either Hippeux for having the design and personality to remind me of a typical frat boy from my college years, or Harry because he's ... well, hairy.

Horse: My two favorite horses are Annalise (My ACGC islander) and Julian (forced camper in NH) due to personal experiences. (Shoutout to Papi too though, I like him a lot!) Least favorite would be Colton because you can't tell me his design wasn't inspired at least in part by Justin Bieber.

Kangaroo: I like both of the male kangaroos better than all the female kangaroos, so Walt and Rooney. My favorite female kangaroo would be Mathilda, the all black aesthetic works on her! Least favorite would probably be Sylvia who is for sure a total Karen or Astrid because dear god

Koala: My favorite would be Alice. Not sure why, I've just always really loved her! I like Yuka and Ozzie a lot too! Least favorite would be Canberra. I don't even dislike her that much, but she's the dullest one in the bunch in my opinion.

Lion: My favorite would either be Elvis for his king motif or Rex because he's cute. My least favorite is probably Leopold for being the spitting image of Seteth from Fire Emblem: Three Houses. Mott is also a contender for least favorite because, again, frat boy vibes.

Monkey: My favorite monkeys are Nana, Deli, and Shari! Nana and Deli are adorable, and I had Shari for a while in New Leaf and loved her! The worst for me is probably Elise for looking like the School Librarian From the Black Lagoon or Monty for just being unsettling.

Mouse: My favorite mouse is Dora! She's kind of basic, but I find her quite cute! The worst is Moose because he gives me Coach Carr from Mean Girls vibes.

Octopus: Octavian is the OG octopus and definitely the best! He's probably in my top ten overall favorite villagers. My least favorite is Zucker, because his whole concept is just too creepy.

Ostrich: The ostriches are probably my favorite species overall! I'd say my favorites are Blanche, Julia, Flora, and Phoebe. They all have fun designs and I love how they look like other kinds of birds (Crane, peacock, flamingo, and phoenix respectively), Least favorite would be Sandy, who is just kind of boring to me compared to the others.

Penguin: My favorite penguin would probably be Wade, who is ADORABLE. Least favorite is Tex.

Pig: My favorite pigs are easily Agnes and Gala. Least favorite villager in the whole game is Truffles - we have beef from an incident in Wild World.

Rabbit: Favorite rabbit is definitely my underrated queen, Pippy! My third favorite villager overall, and I adore her so much. Least favorite is actually probably Francine or Genji, which I know is an unpopular opinion.

Rhino: My favorite rhino is Hornsby but I also love Merengue! Also shoutout to Petunia from Animal Forest e+ who I hope comes back someday! My least favorite would probably be Rhonda - nothing particularly wrong with her but I like all of the others more.

Sheep: My favorite sheep is Stella and she's on my short list of villagers I want on my island at some point! Least favorite is Cashmere the Muppet crossover. (PS bring back Woolio you cowards)

Squirrel: My favorite squirrel is the underrated Sylvana! She is absolutely adorable and I'm so glad they added her back in the game! My least favorite would be either Nibbles or Tasha, by process of elimination. I find the squirrels pretty good as a species, but those two are just the ones that appeal to me the least.

Tiger: Favorite is Bianca, who was on my island for almost a whole year! I may move her back in via amiibo at some point! Least favorite would be Rolf, because he has that red rimmed eye thing I don't like.

Wolf: My favorite wolves are Skye, Kyle, Audie, and Dobie! I like them all pretty equal, I don't think I could pick one. My least favorite is probably a tossup between Chief, Wolfgang, and Lobo - again, they just don't appeal to me, but I don't hate any of them.

alligator
favourite: sly
least favourite: hhng,,, either ali, del, drago or alfonso >_<

anteater
favourite: antonio or anabelle!
least favourite: cyrano

bear
favourite: megan
least favourite: klaus 🤮

bird
favourite: midge
least favourite: jay or anchovy

bull
favourite: hm. maybe coach or vic?
least favourite: t-bone

cat
favourite: ack this one’s tough as i love so many of them. ;-; however if i had to choose a favourite, it’d either be merry, tangy, lolly, katt or rudy!
least favourite: tabby

chicken
favourite: goose or benedict
least favourite: broffina or knox

cow
favourite: norma
least favourite: naomi

cub
favourite: marty or stitches
least favourite: uhh,, i’ll go with kody lol

deer
favourite: honestly?? all of them. deers are my favourite animal both in-game and irl and they’re all lovely!
least favourite: uh. i guess lopez?

dog
favourite: goldie, lucky or cherry and bow :(
least favourite: shep

duck
favourite: molly or ketchup
least favourite: quillson

eagle
favourite: frank
least favourite: pierce or sterling

elephant
favourite: margie
least favourite: axel or tucker

frog
favourite: lily or raddle and sunny ;-;
least favourite: henry or wart jr

goat
favourite: pashmina or nan
least favourite: gruff or kidd

gorilla
favourite: rilla
least favourite: the rest of them lol

hamster
favourite: flurry
least favourite: hamlet

hippo
favourite: bertha
least favourite: the rest of them 🥴

horse
favourite: cleo or julian
least favourite: ed, elmer, reneigh or roscoe

kangaroo
favourite: marcie or kitt
least favourite: sylvia

koala
favourite: melba
least favourite: eugene

lion
favourite: tbh,, none of them. the lions just don’t really appeal to me at all. >_<
least favourite: all of them

monkey
favourite: nana
least favourite: monty

mouse
favourite: chadder
least favourite: rizzo or limberg

octopus
favourite: all of them :’)
least favourite: he might not count since he’s not currently in the game but inkwell

ostrich
favourite: julia
least favourite: sandy, sprocket or queenie

penguin
favourite: sprinkle <3
least favourite: hopper

pig
favourite: maggie or hugh
least favourite: chops

rabbit
favourite: carmen or ruby
least favourite: genji

rhino
favourite: merengue
least favourite: tank

sheep
favourite: pietro or frita
least favourite: cashmere

squirrel
favourite: poppy
least favourite: sally

tiger
favourite: bianca
least favourite: claudia

wolf
favourite: skye, whitney or dobie
least favourite: chief or wolfgang

this will be a long post, but this is fun to think about! I'm only going to choose villagers that are available in ACNH, and I'm only judging their looks and not their house
  • Alligator
    fave: Gayle, she's 99% pink and I'm here fot it
    least: Alli, I don't like her look, she looks like a meany
  • Anteater
    fave: Antonio, he's basic and cute
    least: Snooty the snooty anteater, weird face and I don't like purple
  • Bear
    fave: Grizzly and Teddy, I like how Grizzly looks like a guy that chops wood all day, Teddy is just a cute bear (honorable mentions are Ursula and Pinky)
    least: Chow, Groucho, Nate, Paula... I couldn't dicide which one is worse lol, not a fan of any of them
  • Bird
    fave: Piper, she looks really nice!!
    least: most of them, they have these crazy eyes I can't look past
  • Bull
    fave: Angus and Vic, they're cool! Angus is a funny name for a bull and Vic being a Viking is cool too
    least: Coach.....creepy guy
  • Cat
    fave: ahh the cats are so cute. I love Raymond (yes basic) Olivia, Rosie, Lolly, Merry, Kiki
    least: Katt and Monique, they're not appealing
  • Chicken
    fave: Ava is definitely the cutest! I don't really care for the others
    least: honestly if any of them would show up on my island I'd be mad
  • Cow
    fave: Norma is my fave, Tipper a close second! I think the cows are actually super cute (though I have never had one :c)
    least: Naomi....creepy
  • Cub
    fave: Maple, so basic but so darn cute, though there are many cute cubs! (Marty, Bluebear, June, Olive, Pekoe, Stitched are all cuties)
    least: Barold and Vladimir both are ew to me
  • Deer
    fave: ahhh I love the deer villagers! my fave is Erik, then Diana and then Beau. I have all 3 and I think they are top tier villagers
    least: Fuschia and Lopez, don't really care for them (sorry)
  • Dog
    fave: Cookie 1st place, Bea and Benjamin are tied seconds! (Daisy and Goldie honorable mentions)
    least: Walker, he looks like he belongs in Mickey Mouse?
  • Duck
    fave: Molly, she's the perfect basic cutie
    least: Quillson. oh god
  • Eagle
    fave: not really a fan of the eagles.. would have to say Avery (Apollo and Celia honorable mentions)
    least: I guess Frank and Keaton, they're not hideous but I just don't like the species
  • Elephant
    fave: Tia is the cutest! her design is top tier
    least: Cyd, playdough looking bad boy
  • Frog
    fave: Lilly nr1, Puddles close second, they're very cute!
    least: Prince (yikes)
  • Goat
    fave: Chevre and Nan (together!) Sherb and Pashmina are cuties too
    least: Velma (why does she have a beard.....) and Gruff (again, yikes)
  • Gorilla
    fave: Boone, he looks cool af
    least: Al and Violet... yeah
  • Hamster
    fave: Flurry! cute angel
    least: Rodney (another yikes)
  • Hippo
    fave: Biff I guess, he kinda looks like a sweet baby boy
    least: Hairy Harry... that being said I don't like any of them really lol
  • Horse
    fave: Julian and Reneigh! got Julian random in New Leaf and he's so cool! and Reneigh is THAT GIRL
    least: Buck, Ed, Papi and Peaches are tied for me, all creepy/bad
  • Kangaroo
    fave: I don't really like them, esp the girls, they're basicly 2 villagers in 1? and we all act like the baby isn't there?? that being said, Walt
    least: the babies.....
  • Koala
    fave: Melba is the winner! but there are many cutie koalas
    least: Canberra and Sydney are tied
  • Lion
    fave: Elvis and Lionel have the coolest design imo! but I don't love any of them
    least: Rory is unsettling...
  • Monkey
    fave: Deli looks nice!
    least: Elise...srry girl
  • Mouse
    fave: I guess Dora, but I'm not into any of them honestly. Has anyone ever though about how we have Elephant and Mice living the same life in this game?
    least: Limberg, nasty hairy cheeto
  • Octopus
    fave: not like we have many options lol, but I like Marina the most
    least: Octavian (I'M SORRY)
  • Ostrich
    fave: Blanche nr1 (she's sooo pretty) and Flora close second (she looks so fun!)
    least: Sandy, I'm not a fan
  • Penguin
    fave: WADE, cutie (even his house is nice....I'm considering him now)
    least: Hopper.... dem brows boy
  • Pig
    fave: Gala and Agnes!
    least: I'll go wth Cobb, he looks like a creep
  • Rabbit
    fave: Ruby!!!!!!
    least: hmmm... Gaston and Gabi (I dislike Gaston more)
  • Rhino
    fave: Merengue, top tier design!
    least: Renée is the worst by far man
  • Sheep
    fave: sheep are pretty cute but I've never had one, would have to say étoile! (Dom, Wendy, Willow honorable mentions)
    least: Muffy... she's cool for a goth/dark island, but not what I'm looking for in AC
  • Squirrel
    fave: Marshall (yeah, basic, I know) honorable mentions: Poppy, Peanut, Blaire
    least: hmmm...Ricky?
  • Tiger
    fave: Bianca and Tybalt!!!
    least: hmmmmmm I'm not sure.. Leonardo? his mouth is barely visible lol
  • Wolf
    fave: ahh one of my fave species! I could not choose a fave, love them all (currently in love the most with Fang)
    least: Freya and Lobo, both are meh to me
WOW I'M DONE!
there's actually so many species, but I only love a few of them.. they can't all be winners I guess lol
this took forever omg!! took so much longer then I though it would o_o

Threads like this are always fun!

Here's my list:

Alligator: Favorite is Gayle. I like that the design is not what one would typically expect of an alligator. Least favorite is Sly, I don't like camouflage.

Anteater: Favorite is Annalisa (obviously), but Olaf is up there as well. Anteaters as a whole are among my favorite species because of how cute they are. Least favorite is Cyrano, his face is not appealing to me.

Bear: Groucho is my favorite. As for least favorite, I have to say Beardo due to his pubic belly fluff.

Bird: Piper is pretty cute, very simple yet classy. Least favorite I'll go with Admiral because of his grumpy expression, but he isn't awful.

Bull: Favorite is Rodeo, I love the dark design and the red eyes. Least favorite would be Coach, he looks mean and that in combination with his name makes me think of a very unlikable gym teacher.

Cat: Many of them are amazing. I think my favorite is Olivia, though. Least favorites are Katt and Stinky because if he is supposed to wear a wrestling mask, it certainly looks like he made it out of worn underpants and that together with his name is just ... ew.

Chicken: My favorite chicken is Ken because I generally like dark designs. It's hard to pick a least favorite because while all of them are rather forgettable to me, non is really awful. I'm not a fan of Knox but I'm pretty sure that he could go very well with certain themes, so I guess I'll pick Goose.

Cow: I really can't pick. I don't find any of them amazing or awful, they are all equally meh to me. Maybe I could see myself liking Tipper, so I'll pick her as my favorite, but I don't have a least favorite.

Cub: Though not a species I'd gravitate towards, I can certainly admit that many of them are cute. I think my favorite is Stitches due to his concept. As for the worst, sadly I have to say Barold. There's just too much about him that seems utterly unappealing.

Deer: Fuchsia is my favorite, but I would also really love to at one point get the chance to interact with Chelsea because I think that she could be cute. Least favorite is Deirdre because of her unfortunate lipstick choice.

Dog: Again a species with so many absolute cuties! I think I'll go with Lucky. While there used to be a point in time where I wasn't sure about him, tby now he has entirely won me over. Come to think of it, I really like almost all of the dogs. I guess my least favorite would be Marcel.

Duck: Pate due to how she was the first villager with whom I ever genuinely connected. Design-wise I prefer Gloria or Molly, though. Least favorite duck is Scoot, I just don't get his design.

Eagle: I don't like eagles, they are all equally unappealing to me.

Elephant: Favorite is probably Tia, least favorite Paolo.

Frog: Tough choice - maybe Frobert for favorite? Or Lily? Or Raddle? Least favorite is equally tough, I'd say either Jambette, Diva or Camofrog.

Goat: Chevre is pretty cute. Gruff has a weird coloring.

Gorilla: All equally awful.

Hamster: Apple for favorite and Soleil or Clay for least favorite.

Hippo: Hippeux is my favortie, I really don't get the hate at all! He has just so much personality! Least favorite is Harry, his beard is too unkempt.

Horse: For favorite it's between Roscoe and Colton - one is dark, one is elegant and those two things are my favorites. Least favorite is Ed, he just reminds me of someone. And Buck isn't too great, either.

Kangaroo: I guess Mathilda is my favorite, but Marcie and Kitt are pretty cute, too. I also like how Astrid comes off kind of weird with her child wearing the same make-up. Least favorite is Sylvia, I don't like the colors.

Koala: Favorite is Melba, least favorite Canberra.

Lion: Nope.

Monkey: Favorite is Shari, least favorite Elise.

Mouse: Bella is cute and Moose might be among my least favorite villagers of all time.

Octopus: Octavian certainly is charming in his own way. For least favorte I have to say Zucker.

Ostrich: So many pretty ones! I think I would pick Cranston as my favorite since he's the one I would be most likely to want on my isalnd. For least favorite I have to say Phoebe who isn't bad at all, but I think that they could have made the phoenix a little more interesting.

Penguin: Again, so many great ones! I can't pick a favorite, but for least favorite I'll go with Puck since I'm just not a sports fan.

Pig: Pigs are very cute overall! My favorite is Chops because he most certainly stands out and I just love how elegant and classy he looks. Least favorite pig is Truffles - nothing about her is cute, especially in comparison to some of the very adorable pigs such as Maggie and Agnes.

Rabbit: For favorite it's between Cole and Ruby, they are both characters I'd definitely consider getting for my island. My least favorite is Claude because of his eyebrow situation.

Rhino: My favorite is Rhonda because she looks like a gothic rhino. Least favorite would be Tank because though not awful at all, he is kind of bland.

Sheep: I can't pick a favorite - it's either Vesta, Muffy or Pietro. And no least favorite, sheep are amazing.

Squirrel: though not my favorite species, there are a lot of squirrels that I like. My favorite is Hazel and my least favorite Ricky.

Tiger: I find all of them rather bland. I guess Bianca could be my favorite, but there isn't a least favorite.

Wolf: Favorite is Skye. She is just so, so adorable! Least favorite but still alright would be Dobie.

Alligator
Fave: Drago
Least: Alli

Anteater
Fave: Antonio
Least: Cyrano

Bear
Fave: Tutu
Least: Paula

Bird
Fave: Twiggy
Least: Sparro

Bull
Fave: Stu
Least: Coach

Cat
Fave: Lolly
Least: Stinky

Chicken
Fave: Ken
Least: Egbert

Cow
Fave: Tipper
Least: Naomi

Cub
Fave: Pekoe
Least: Barold

Deer
Fave: Fauna
Least: Bam

Dog
Fave: Lucky
Least: Benjamin

Duck

Fave: Molly
Least: Quillson

Eagle
Fave: Apollo
Least: Frank

Elephant
Fave: Tia
Least: Tucker

Frog
Fave: Lilly
Least: Gigi

Goat
Fave: Sherb
Least: Gruff

Gorilla
Fave: Hans
Least: Al

Hamster
Fave: Flurry
Least: Rodney

Hippo
Fave: Biff
Least: Hippeux

Horse
Fave: Papi
Least: Ed

Kangaroo
Fave: Kitt
Least: Sylvia

Koala
Fave: Melba
Least: Canberra

Lion
Fave: Elvis
Least: Lionel

Monkey
Fave: Nana
Least: Elise

Mouse
Fave: Broccolo
Least: Rizzo

Octopus
Fave: Zucker
Least: Octavian

Ostrich
Fave: Blanche
Least: Queenie

Penguin
Fave: Sprinkle
Least: Iggly

Pig
Fave: Kevin
Least: Cobb

Rhino
Fave: Merengue
Least: Rhenee

Rabbit
Fave: Snake
Least: Mira

Sheep
Fave: Dom
Least: Cashmere

Squirrel
Fave: Poppy
Least: Caroline

Tiger
Fave: Rolf or Tybalt
Least: Rowan

Wolf

Fave: Audie
Least: Lobo

Alligator
Favorite: Alli & Drago
Least favorite: The rest

Anteater
Favorite: Cyrano & Antonio
Least favorite: Annalisa

Bear
Favorite: Klaus & Megan
Least favorite: No one, they are all kinda cool

Bird
Favorite: Anchovy
Least favorite: Admiral

Bull
Favorite: None
Least favorite: Pretty much everyone

Cat
Favorite: Rudy, Monique & Raymond
Least favorite: No one, I like all cats actually

Chicken
Favorite: Goose & Knox
Least favorite: Becky

Cow
Favorite: No one
Least favorite: All of them tbh

Cub
Favorite: Marty & Stitches
Least favorite: Poncho

Deer
Favorite: Lopez & Chelsea
Least favorite: No one, I like them all

Dog
Favorite: Lucky
Least favorite: Butch, Mac & Maddie

Duck

Favorite: Scoot & Bill
Least favorite: Deena

Eagle
Favorite: Frank & Sterling
Least favorite: No one, eagles are my favorites

Elephant
Favorite: Big Top
Least favorite: Alli

Frog
Favorite: Raddle & Tad
Least favorite: The rest, especially Huck as well as Herny

Goat
Favorite: Pashmina & Gruff
Least favorite: Billy

Gorilla
Favorite: Al
Least favorite: Boyd

Hamster
Favorite: Graham, Rodney & Apple
Least favorite: I like all hamsters a lot, so therefore I don't have a least favorite one

Hippo
Favorite: Bitty
Least favorite: Bertha & Bubbles

Horse
Favorite: Julian & Roscoe
Least favorite: Annalise

Kangaroo

Favorite: Kitt
Least favorite: Sylvia

Koala
Favorite: Eugene
Least favorite: All the others, Eugene is pretty much the only I sort of like. Koalas are in general not my favorites

Lion

Favorite: Lionel & Elvis
Least favorite: Rory

Monkey
Favorite: Tammi, but I just like her design-wise. I wouldn't call her directly my favorite
Least favorite: All the others, the monkeys were never appealing to me

Mouse
Favorite: Bree & Rod
Least favorite: Bettina & Chadder, please stay both away from me as far as you can...

Octopus
Favorite: Marina
Least favorite: Zucker

Ostrich
Favorite: Flora & Phoebe
Least favorite: Queenie & Sandy

Penguin

Favorite: Boomer
Least favorite: Flo as well as Iggly

Pig

Favorite: Chops
Least favorite: Spork

Rhino
Favorite: Renée
Least favorite: Tank

Rabbit

Favorite: Ruby & Tiffany
Least favorite: Pippy

Sheep

Favorite: Pietro, Dom, Étoile & Muffy
Least favorite: Cashmere

Squirrel

Favorite: Hazel, Peanut & Agent S
Least favorite: Cally

Tiger
Favorite: Rolf & Rowan
Least favorite: Bianca

Wolf
Favorite: Chief & Audie
Least favorite: I like all wolves, so therefore I don't have a least favorite here

Alligator
Best: Drago
Worst: Gayle

Anteater
Best: Antonio
Worst: Olaf

Bear
Best: Grizzly
Worst: Charlise

Bird
Best: Sparro
Worst: Anchovy

Bull
Best: Rodeo
Worst: Coach

Cat
Best: Ankha
Worst: Stinky

Chicken
Best: Ken
Worst: Benedict

Cow
Best: Tipper
Worst: Naomi

Cub
Best: Stitches
Worst: Barold

Deer
Best: Erik / Fauna (can't decide ☹)
Worst: Fuchsia

Dog
Best: Lucky
Worst: Cherry

Duck
Best: Molly
Worst: Quillson

Eagle
Best: Apollo
Worst: none

Elephant
Best: Tucker
Worst: Big Top

Frog
Best: Ribbot
Worst: Croquet

Goat
Best: Sherb
Worst: Velma

Gorilla
Best: Hans
Worst: Boyd / Rocket (tied)

Hamster
Best: Flurry
Worst: Apple

Hippo
Best: none
Worst: all

Horse
Best: Julian
Worst: Victoria

Kangaroo
Best: Walt
Worst: Astrid

Koala
Best: Melba
Worsr: Canberra

Lion
Best: Elvis
Worst: Leopold

Monkey
Best: Deli
Worst: Elise

Mouse
Best: Chadder
Worst: Limburg

Octopus
Best: Zucker
Worst: Marina

Ostrich
Best: Phoebe

Penguin
Best: Sprinkle
Worst: Boomer (lol)

Pig
Best: Boris
Worst: Truffles

Rabbit
Best: Coco
Worst: Zipper T (haha)

Rhino
Best: Merengue
Worst: Renee

Sheep
Best: Vesta
Worst: Frita

Squirrel
Best: Static
Worst: Hazel

Tiger
Best: Rolf / Bianca (tied)
Worst: Magenta

Wolf
Best: Kyle (but all are great!)

alligators
best: alfonso, he is super cute 💕
worst: boots or alli, they just look really weird imo

anteaters
best: annalisa, she has such beautiful eyes and i just adore her so much 🌸💖
worst: olaf, he's the only anteater i don't like but i also don't hate him, i could probably learn to like him but for now he's just meh

bear cubs
best: judy, she's gorgeous and i love the blend of blue and pink, definately one of my favourite villagers
worst: vladimir, he's so creepy he makes barold look cute (actually barold is ok tbh, i wouldn't mind having him lol)

bears
best: pinky, she's a pink panda, that's all
worst: charlise, she looks too plain yet really bright

birds
best: jacques, he's super groovy and i love everything about him
worst: jitters, because his eyes 👀

bulls
best: rodeo, how could anyone not love him, adorable little spawn of satan, beautiful!
worst: coach, he looks like someone from the simpsons

cats
best: katt, she's amazing and i love her so much!!!
worst: stinky, i just don't like his design

chickens
best: ken, i only recently found out about the chickens and ken looks really cool
worst: knox, i'm not a fan of the "knight" theme

cows
best: definately patty
worst: naomi, she's the only cow i dislike

deers
best: chelsea, she looks like shaymin and is adorable in any outfit 💖
worst: none they are all beautiful 💗

dogs
best: bea, she reminds me of my old doggo
worst: benjamin, he has a weird nose and literally does not look like a dog tbh

ducks
best: bill, he's such a lovely colour
worst: ketchup, she is NOT a lovely colour

eagles
best: apollo, obvioulsy haha
worst: celia and frank

elephants
best: chai, best girl 💖
worst: paolo, he's pinker than pink

frogs
best: frobert, i love his spots and lil buck teeth
worst: diva, she wouldn't leave my NL town

goats
best: pashmina, actual beauty
worst: sherb, he's nice and all but is also super plain

gorillas
best: rilla, i've only had her for a little while but i'm obsessed with how pretty she is 💕
worst: a tie between al, louie, hans and rocket, sorry i just can't choose because they all have such weird designs imo

hamsters
best: hamlet, i'd say why but i'll end up talking forever 😂
worst: apple, she's terrifying

hippos
best: bitty, she's so cute
worst: hippeux!

horses
best: julian because he is a unicorn and i love unicorns
worst: victoria because she's a race horse and that just really puts me off

kangaroos
best: rooney, i've loved him since i was a child
worst: astrid, she looks like a clown

koalas
best: canberra, she gives off tabby vibes so like she's ugly but in an adorable sort of way, idk
worst: alice, she looks like a human i can't explain it but she just looks weird

lions
best: leopold, i like his green mane
worst: used to be elvis but now i've discovered mott and yikes

mice
best: rod, who else 💕
worst: candi, like paolo she's too pink

monkeys
best: deli, he's the perfect amount of cute and simple
worst: tammi, she scares me 👀

octopuses
best: zucker, i just love him
worst: marina, she's ok but like i had her for 2 days and got so bored of her

ostriches
best: blanche, she's so pretty
worst: sprocket, i don't like robot villagers

penguins
best: hopper and wade, i love them both equally 💖
worst: flo and iggly, they were my starters on my 4th island and they really bothered me

pigs
best: crackle, he is so cute
worst: truffles, i didn't even know she was a girl until NH

rabbits
best: carmen and bonbon, i actually used to ship these 2 because i loved them both so much lol
worst: mira, i don't like the superhero theme

rhinos
best: rhonda, she's so elegant
worst: merengue, i can't stand her

sheep
best: baabara, i love her colours and she's just so adorable 💗
worst: maybe dom but i'm starting to like him tbh so probably none of them 😅

squirrels
best: poppy and peanut, i've loved peanut since i was younger and i really like poppy's colours
worst: agent s, she might be cute if she didn't have a helmet covering her entire face 😂

tigers
best: bangle, idk why but i just really like her
worst: rowan, he's the only tiger i dislike

wolves
best: wolf link, such an incredible villager, there is no villager better than him imo
worst: none of them

well that took ages but was really fun beacuse i discovered some new villagers 😊

This seems fun! And a good cool down from the amiibo stress.

alligator
favourite: sly or Alphonso
least favourite: Allie and/or Gayle

anteater
favourite: antonio
least favourite: Olaf, but I don’t dislike him (I just forget he exists...)

bear
favourite: Ike and/or Ursala
least favourite: klaus

bird
favourite: sparro
least favourite: Jacques

bull
favourite: Stu
least favourite: Vic

cat
favourite: Tabby! But there are a lot of good cats, so shout out to stinky, merry, and Kiki especially.
least favourite: kid cat.

chicken
favourite: Benedict, or maybe plucky
least favourite: knox

cow
favourite: tipper? Idk...
least favourite: naomi

cub
favourite: judy (but jury is still out on Marty, have not seen him in game yet)
least favourite: Vladimir I guess. I want to like him but he looks kind of mean and I don’t like crankies much

deer
favourite: Fauna or Dierdre. They are both excellent! Fuchsia and Lopez are also pretty great.
least favourite: Diana :sick:

dog
favourite: Mac, but I have not had Bea or walker or Benjamin, all of whom I want to try out, so my opinion may change. And cookie seems pretty great too.
least favourite: biskit I guess? I don’t hate him, but I don’t understand why he is designed the way he is. Why are his eyes empty?

duck
favourite: freckles
least favourite: Derwin. I really want to like his design, but for some reason I just...don’t.

eagle
favourite: buzz or pierce. I just like the look of them more.
least favourite: sterling and Apollo

elephant
favourite: I am partial to Eloise, Axel, and Cyd.
least favourite: tia and/ or big top.

frog
favourite: frobert or drift - love how colorful and bright they are (but I do wish they weren’t both jocks)
least favourite: puddles - I don’t know why but something about how her colors are distributed makes her look scary to me.

goat
favourite: pashmina
least favourite: chevre. I don’t want to go into it but something about her mouth area unsettles me.

gorilla
favourite
: Boone
least favourite: rocket

hamster
favourite: flurry is who I am most attached to because I have had her the longest. Soleil has what I consider to be the prettiest design. Hamlet just recently won my heart, and Rodney and graham are my favorite smugs. Clay is an adorable with his little alien eyes, Apple is a crazy little cutie, and Hamphrey is very cute and sweet for a cranky
least favourite: none of them, because I am hamster loving trash😅 . They are all such precious little muffins😭

hippo
favourite: Biff or Bubbles
least favourite: Harry - not a fan of the facial hair, but I have to admit in person it looked better than in pics.

horse
favourite: Reneigh
least favourite: Colton, ew

kangaroo
favourite: Sylvia, no idea why. I don’t like the kangaroos having babies, for no real reason, but for some reason I think her design is kind of appealing. Marcie and Kitt are also cute.
least favourite: Walt? Or maybe Mathilda?

koala
favourite: sydney
least favourite: eugene

lion
favourite: Rex - he is a cute cuddly sweetie
least favourite: mott

monkey
favourite: flip, he is the best. But I love Simon too 🥰 - he is like a sweet little muppet
least favourite: Elise (her mole and lips bother me) and Monty

mouse
favourite: Greta (no idea why). Rod, broccolo, and Bree are also cute
least favourite: limberg and Candi

octopus
favourite: zucker
least favourite: octavian, though I do not really dislike him.

ostrich
favourite: Gladys
least favourite: Sprocket

penguin
favourite: wade
least favourite: boomer

pig
favourite: maggie
least favourite: chops or cobb

rabbit
favourite: Genji or Ruby
least favourite: Mira

rhino
favourite: Renee
least favourite: merengue

sheep
favourite: Wendy
least favourite: Frita I guess because I am not a big fan of the food villagers, but she is still pretty cute.

squirrel
favourite: Sally or sylvana
least favourite: agent s

tiger
favourite: bangle 🤩
least favourite: Rowan? I don’t dislike him though.

Wolf
favourite: I don’t really like any of the wolves but I guess Skye and Vivian are the best to me.
least favourite: fang

Doing this list makes me realise that I actually like very few of the villagers lol

Alligator
Favorite: maybe Drago? not my fav category...
Least favorite: Del

Anteater
Favorite: Annalisa
Least favorite: Pango

Bear
Favorite: Pinky?? idk they all bad lol
Least favorite: All the rest (but especially Paula)

Bird
Favorite: Anchovy
Least favorite: Lucha

Bull
Favorite: Rodeo i guess
Least favorite: Coach

Cat
Favorite: Bob
Least favorite: Monique

Chicken
Favorite: Goose
Least favorite: Broffina

Cow
Favorite: Tipper
Least favorite: Naomi (low key scared of her)

Cub
Favorite: Judy
Least favorite: Barold (ik he is an obvious choice but fr what was 'tendo smoking when they came up with that design)

Deer
Favorite: Beau
Least favorite: Diana (to her many stans: pls don't hate me - i just never liked her design that much)

Dog
Favorite: Shep
Least favorite: Portia

Duck
Favorite: Molly
Least favorite: Quillson

Eagle
Favorite: Apollo forevs
Least favorite: Sterling

Elephant
Favorite: Tia
Least favorite: Big Top

Frog
Favorite: Tad
Least favorite: omg all of them wth

Goat
Favorite: Sherb
Least favorite: Velma

Gorilla
Favorite: no i can't do this i hate them all
Least favorite: see above

Hamster
Favorite: Clay
Least favorite: Hamlet. I will always hate u hamlet, u ruined my life

Hippo
no

Horse
Favorite: Julian and Papi
Least favorite: Clyde

Kangaroo
Favorite: Kitt
Least favorite: Marcie

Koala
Favorite: Melba
Least favorite: Canberra

Lion
Favorite: Rory
Least favorite: Bud

Monkey
Favorite: Deli
Least favorite: all the rest

Mouse
Favorite: Rod
Least favorite: the rest of those cretins

Octopus
Favorite: Zucker
Least favorite: Octavian

Ostrich
Favorite: Flora the absolute queen
Least favorite: Sprocket

Penguin
Favorite: Roald
Least favorite: Puck

Pig
nope

Rhino
Favorite: Hornsby
Least favorite: Rhonda

Rabbit
Favorite: So many good ones! gonna have to settle on Coco and Genji, I can't choose between them
Least favorite: Mira (not a fan of any of the super hero themed animals

Sheep
Favorite: Dom
Least favorite: Cashmere

Squirrel
Favorite: Marshall
Least favorite: Agent S

Tiger
Favorite: Tybalt
Least favorite: Rowan - not a fan of most of the tigers tbh

Wolf
Favorite: Fang/Chief/Dobie so many good ones
Least favorite: Lobo or Audie, but I like pretty much all the wolves

Alligators
Favourite - Gayle for her pretty design
Least Favourite - maybe Boots, not as interesting as some of the others and I'm not a big fan of the jocks

Anteater
Favourite - Annalisa or Antonio, both cute and Annalisa is very underrated
Least Favourite - probably Snooty, her expression often looks too angry

Bear
Favourite - Pinky, really like that she looks like a pink panda
Least Favourite - most of them but I'd pick Beardo as I really don't like his design

Bird
Favourite - Robin as I like her colour scheme but also like Midge a lot too
Least Favourite - Peck, his eyes are missing pupils and that's just odd

Bull
Favourite - Stu, another nice colour scheme and he's a sweet looking bull
Least Favourite - any of Coach, Vic or Rodeo but I'll pick Vic as he's nearly always stalking on mystery islands

Cat
Favourite - this one is hard but I'll go for Raymond as he's the most like one of my cats, really love Rosie and Lolly too though
Least Favourite - Stinky, his colouring is off and his not doesn't make him very appealing

Chicken
Favourite - Egbert, he's really cute
Least Favourite - Knox as I don't like default helmets/hats on villagers

Cow
Favourite - Tipper, like how her design is modelled after a typical dairy cow
Least Favourite - Naomi, the red around her eyes make her look like a demon (problem she shares with Rodeo)

Cub
Favourite - practically all of them but my favourite in NH is Judy, didn't think I'd been keen on the sparkly eyes but she's really cute and her pastel colouring makes her seem like a beanie baby, Maple and Cheri are close seconds
Least Favourite - Barold, his design is pretty awful and doesn't fit in with the rest of the cubs at all

Deer
Favourite - Fauna, favourite villager in the game, she's really lovely and cute
Least Favourite - generally like all the deers but I'd pick Fuchsia as her colouring is a bit too bright or Deirdre as I don't really like her white lips

Dog
Favourite - Portia, her Dalmatian design is sweet and I like the snooty personality, she's closely followed by Bea and Goldie
Least Favourite - Biskit, another villager with strange eyes

Duck
Favourite - Molly, she's the cutest duck to me and is a lovely villager
Least Favourite - probably Quillson or Scoot, not keen on their designs

Eagle
Favourite - Apollo, like his theme
Least Favourite - Sterling, don't like the default helmet

Elephant
Favourite - Chai, really cute and her blue colouring is pretty
Least Favourite - Paolo, not sure why his eyes are so small compared to the other elephants

Frog
Favourite - Lily, she has a very pretty design
Least Favourite - probably Gigi, her design isn't awful but don't like the big lips

Goat
Favourite - Sherb, his design is plain but he's still really cute
Least Favourite - Gruff is the only goat I don't like, not keen on the green colouring and his hair looks a bit odd

Gorilla
Favourite - honestly don't really like any but I'll pick Peewee, prefer the plain design he has
Least Favourite - I'll pick Rocket, not keen on the 'superhero' theme

Hamster
Favourite - Flurry, not really sure about the bright blue eyebrows but think she's quite sweet
Least Favourite - Graham or Apple, look like they should be cute villagers but both look odd

Hippo
Favourite - Bertha, she lived on my island briefly and was quite sweet
Least Favourite - don't like Harry for the facial hair or Hippeux for the strange colour scheme

Horse
Favourite - Julian, his design is too cool to not pick him as the best
Least Favourite - Clyde, like Hippeux he has a colour scheme that just seems off

Kangaroo
Favourite - Mathilda as I think the black and purple goes really nicely together but I don't like the joeys so I'd pick Walt as well as he's my favourite male one
Least Favourite - Sylvia, her hair has always looked a bit strange whenever I've seen her in game, it doesn't really suit her

Koala
Favourite - Melba, she was really sweet when I had her, really like Ozzie and Sydney too
Least Favourite - Canberra, looks too angry for me

Lion
Favourite - Rex, never had him but he's quite sweet looking
Least Favourite - Rory, not sure what it is about him but I don't really like his design

Monkey
Favourite - Deli, he's plain but cute
Least Favourite - Tammi, she was a random move in that took forever to leave my island

Mouse
Favourite - Dora, she has a really sweet innocent looking design
Least Favourite - Limberg, for the facial hair, or Moose for hair that looks scribbled on

Octopus
Favourite - Marina, always thought she was cute
Least Favourite - Zucker, not a fan off his design and the stick stuck in his head

Ostrich
Favourite - Blanche, she was the first snooty on my island and has a pretty design
Least Favourite - Sprocket, I'm not really keen on the robotic designs

Penguin
Favourite - love a lot of penguins but my favourite is probably Wade for how cute he is
Least Favourite - maybe Cube as I can't decide whether I like his crossed eyes or not

Pig
Favourite - Agnes, I think she has a pretty design and is one of my favourite sisterly villagers
Least Favourite - there are a few I don't like but definitely Truffles, replaced Peanut in my WW town and never left, plus I've always believed this was a male villager and I refuse to believe I'm wrong about that

Rabbit
Favourite - Bunnie, she's really cute and lives on my NH island, or Dotty as her design reminds me of one of my old rabbits
Least Favourite - Hopkins, I used to think he looked really cute but then I saw he had the blow hole on the back of his head and read about him been a blow-up doll, I know really he's supposed to be a pool float but I just can't forget it now

Rhino
Favourite - Merengue, not really interested in any of the rhinos but I like her sweet design
Least Favourite - maybe Spike for stalking me too much while island hopping

Sheep
Favourite - Etoile, her pastel colour scheme is really pretty and she's a very cute villager
Least Favourite - probably Curlos, his colouring just seems a bit boring compared to most of the other sheep

Squirrel
Favourite - Peanut, my original favourite villager in the game before Fauna, she's a bit too bright pink for me in NH but I still love her
Least Favourite - Ricky, his eyebrows make him look too angry, also don't like Agent S for the helmet/superhero design

Tiger
Favourite - Bianca, a sweet looking villager and I like her white tiger design
Least Favourite - pretty indifferent to most of the tigers and don't think any of them are particularly bad but I'll pick Rowan

Wolf
Favourite - Wolfgang, one of my favourite villagers in WW and my top cranky, his colour scheme is really nice and he's a lovely villager
Least Favourite - this is the hardest one as I think the wolves are the best species in the game, there really isn't any wolf that I don't like

ahh this is so fun!!! here are my picks below:

ALLIGATOR --
favorite: alfonso! I just think he's a cutie. I loved the Animal Crossing movie when I was younger so he's very nostalgic for me! it was hard to choose between him and boots, though, who is just adorable.
least favorite: del, just because he really doesn't fit my aesthetic. I don't like the robotic sorta look. I think they could've made a black/dark brown alligator without that and it would've still looked cool.
ANTEATER --
favorite: for the same reasons as above, my favorite in this species would have to be Cyrano because he's in the movie (is he?? now I'm unsure haha).
least favorite: I think I'll go with Annalisa. her eye creeps me out aa little bit. it's detailed while the rest of her face is super blank haha. second in line here would be Anabelle.
BEAR --
favorite: grizzly! he's so cute, as close to a grizzly bear as the game could get. if there was a polar bear then I'd pick that one but there doesn't seem to be. I honestly consider trying to get grizzly often, but I'm too attached to Wolfgang to replace him haha.
least favorite: Nate because of his creepy eyebrow lol. Honestly his color is cute but I wish they didn't give him an angry eyebrow. it reminds me of the angry eyebrow from Veggie Tales which traumatized me as a kid lol so he's just not a favorite for me.
BIRD --
favorite: admiral. he's so cute! and he's a nostalgic pick because I used to have him on my gamecube island when I was a kid! it was hard to choose between him or jay because I also had jay haha!
least favorite: lucha, because idk he just creeps me out! I know he's supposed to be a wrestler or whatever but I'm just not a fan of his design.
BULL --
favorite: stu for sure, because he just looks kinda dopey and cute. I like his droopy eyes and his blue color.
least favorite: Angus because he has always haunted me in every iteration of the game. he will come to whatever town I have and never leave lol.
CAT --
favorite: ughhh this is SUCH a hard choice because the cat is my favorite species!!! my favorite ever will have to be bob though. every single town or island I've had has Bob on it. I love his cute little smug face and the dumb things he says. I like purple too so he's pretty. Hard to not say Purrl, Felicity or Mitzi too though!
least favorite: kid cat. I just really don't like the whole "race car" or superhero design or whatever it is he has. he's very appealing to some of course but it's just not for me!
CHICKEN --
favorite -- I like plucky because I find it hard to like many of the sisterly designs and she's one of the few that I like and don't mind having on my island. she's cute. either her or Egbert.
least favorite -- Knox. I just can't get behind Knox. he frustrates me a lot and similarly to Angus, he always seems to follow me around from town to town. he hasn't shown up for me in NH yet but in the past he did a ton.
COW --
favorite: I had Belle in my gamecube town and I LOVED her and I'm still over the top salty that she never made it past the original iteration of the game. :( I guess second runner up could be patty, cuz she's cute too.
least favorite: Naomiiiii. not very much a fan of Naomi and haven't been ever since I met her. She frustrated me a lot in my new leaf town lol.
CUB --
favorite: cheri! I just think she's cute! I love her color and her design is just super appealing to me. if I could have more room on my island I'd definitely invite her.
least favorite: BAROLD. BAROLD BAROLD BAROLD. nooo thank you barold! I have a restraining order against barold (or I would if I could). his slimy wet lips and his narrowed little beady eyes give me the serious creeps. He reminds me of the type of guy who will never shower or make any effort to be appealing but blames women for not liking him. He reminds me of the type of guy not allowed around schools.
you know honestly I could put Judy here if barold didn't exist. I know this is unpopular opinion and maybe even one that people will throw hands about but she creeps me out INSANELY. her eyes are terrifying and her design is not appealing at all to me.
DEER --
favorite: Deirdre! she's my favorite sisterly and I always have her on my island. She's a cutie and I think her design is really pretty, she looks a bit realistic. I just think her eyes look neat. I could also put Erik here cuz he's a cutie too.
least favorite: I guess Lopez? I dont hold any resentment towards him or anything but if I had to choose I think he'd fit this category best.
DOG --

favorite: Goldie of course! maybe that's a predictable answer lol. but I love Goldie. she's adorable and sweet. I also think Butch, Bea and Portia are cute!
least favorite: marcel. he creeps me out lol.
DUCK --
favorite: Molly! another stereotypical answer lol! I just think she's cute! I've always liked her but I never got her or pursued her. But I found her on a mystery tour on my current island and I kept her and I'm so happy I did! she's adorable.
least favorite: Quillson because he reminds me of neville papperman from iCarly lmao.
EAGLE --

favorite: apollo. because of the movie and also because I like bald eagles in general. stereotypical patriotic American lol. I think he's a cutie.
least favorite: sterling. for the same reason I don't like Knox I guess. Just not a fan of the designs that have some sorta fixture or clothing/feature permanently fixated onto their character I guess? Because I don't like the knight type designs and I don't like the race car /superhero ones either.
ELEPHANT --
favorite: margieeeee. you can guess why I guess lol! she's so cute in general too. I love her.
least favorite: big top! you can guess why I don't like him too lol. another one of the race car driver designs.
FROG --
favorite: I find it hard to pick one because I just typically do not like the frogs but I like lily, I find her cute.
least favorite: almost all of them. Ribbot takes the cake though fo sure. Stay away from me please, Ribbot.
GOAT --
favorite: sherb is the only one of these that I can tolerate honestly. he's cute. I don't favor him but I understand why he's liked and find his design cute too.
least favorite: all of the ones with the little line down the nose.... idk I guess I won't say why here or be too specific but they honestly look like a certain unnamed part of the female human body to me and so they creep me out. that is as specific as I can get. if I had to pick the worst one, chèvre I guess. or Velma.
GORILLA --
favorite: PeeWee!! I just think he's cute! his design is cute, like a real gorilla and I find him very appealing. I'd have him as my cranky if I weren't so set on my current cranky villager pick.
least favorite: rocket. again, for the race car design. just not a fan of that at all.
HAMSTER --
favorite: Soleil because I think her design is pretty. I like her hair color matched with the color of her fur. Not too much a fan of hamsters in general but she's the cutest by far in my opinion.
least favorite: flurry. her design just creeps me out lol. I don't like the bald patch around her mouth, and I know that might not be what it is but that's what it looks like to me.
HIPPO --
favorite: biff, because I had him on my first ACNH island and I got fond of him before he moved. He was a helpful little dude and I found him to be cute.
least favorite: Harry. his beard creeps me out. I'm not usually someone who is deterred by beards but I can pretty much guarantee that any villager design with a beard creeps me out lol. it's just not appealing to me.
HORSE --
favorite: ughhh this is such a hard choice. I love all of the horses honestly. I grew up loving horses and riding so I always was extremely fond of the horse characters in the game. My favorite I guess will be Ed, because I've always had Ed and I just think he's a cutie. He's pretty closely tied with Buck (also nostalgic), Cleo (also), and Elmer (again, very nostalgic). I also think Savannah is cute.
least favorite: while I honestly don't dislike any of them, I guess Clyde? I just don't like that shade of yellow/green and his eyes are kinda creepy. so I'd pick him. Which is sad because I love the name Clyde, especially for a horse! :( If only they'd designed him to look like a Clydesdale.
KANGAROO --
favorite: carrie! she is cute and her little baby is cute too. though I also like marcie on that same note.
least favorite: I dunno. Sylvia I guess? She just kinda looks like a Karen to me with her hair lol. She's just not my favorite honestly. I also do not really like Mathilda because she's kinda too similar to Roscoe in my opinion.
KOALA --
favorite: definitely Ozzy haha. he's a cutie, he looks so soft and sweet. I love his colors and his eyes! and I usually have a fondness for the lazy villagers too.
least favorite: Canberra needs to remain 50 feet away from me at all times. her eyes haunt me. they look so devoid....
LION --
favorite: you know honestly I like Lionel. I think he reminds me of some sorta cartoon character, not sure who. like a king or something, I dont know. he just looks kinda kingly and cute. I like his color scheme too. I also like bud haha! I think he reminds me of a surfer bro and I love that. might get him on my island one day.
least favorite: Rory is terrifying quite frankly. I like his color scheme but his eyes pierce into your soul.
MONKEY --
favorite: Champ :mad: who was taken out of the game!!! wtf. Still mad about that. Especially now that we don't have the little train station guy anymore. We need to have champ brought back! He's cute.
least favorite: shari creeps me out. she looks like she has rubber gloves on her hands and feet. her face frustrates me, it just does and there's nothing I can do to change that.
MOUSE --
favorite: do not like the mice in this game at all unfortunately. but if I had to pick a favorite I would go with anicotti, because her design is cute and I like her color scheme a little.
least favorite: stuck between moose and Rizzo for this.
OCTOPUS --
favorite: marina! she's cute and pretty and I love the color pink! it's hard to not pick her. I also love Octavian but I love marina more!
least favorite: I honestly think all of the octopi are cute and I like Zucker just fine (Not my favorite but he's a cutie) so I'll go with Inkwell, even though he's not in NH. I just really don't like splatoon.
OSTRICH --
favorite: honestly a bunch of these are cute and I am stuck between either flora, because she's an adorable flamingo (and pink! I love pink), and blanche. She's really cute and pretty, I love her design!
least favorite: sprocket. sorry bud. just really am not a fan of the robot looking ones.
PENGUIN --
favorite: roald lol. he's so round and adorable. I love him with all of my heart. honestly I also love Tex and Wade too. But Roald takes the cake.
least favorite: I guess it would have to be Puck. I don't really like his design too much.
PIG --
favorite: ok. weird fact about me. I cannot stand pigs irl. they creep me out. their faces look evil to me. I have a low key phobia of them honestly. The fact that they eat anything (including human remains) creeps me out to the next level. But if I had to pick one here, I guess I'd stick with Gala, because she's cute enough for me to almost ignore her being a pig.
least favorite: all of them. But especially Lucy. Her eyes make me shiver lol. on some designs those types of eyes are cute. but not Lucy.
RABBIT --
favorite: Tiffany lol! She's such a badass with her fishnet stockings and her lipstick that is on point. She's a cutie and I love the name Tiffany too so I just like her. She reminds me of Jessica Rabbit.
least favorite: snake. just don't like his design.
RHINO --
favorite: merengue, because I love strawberries and I think her little strawberry horn is cute. She's the cutest rhino in my opinion. again I love pink.
least favorite: Rhonda literally startles me if she catches me off guard and comes into my field of view. Her eyes just creep me out a lot.
SHEEP --
favorite: vesta!!! I love vesta so much! she used to be on my gamecube island and I just think she's really cute!
least favorite: timbra. she's so smug and I love snooty villagers usually but she just frustrates me to no end. also, sorry guys but I really don't care for dom.
SQUIRREL --
favorite: poppy looks like a 60s cartoon character and I just think she's cute! I also like pecan.
least favorite: so many of these. I'm not a fan of hazel, or agent s (especially agent s). Also do NOT like static. he frustrates me a lot.
TIGER --
favorite: Leonardo! I love leopards :) I have a bengal cat in real life so I really like Leonardo's cute little spots. I wish they'd done the tiger design a little differently overall honestly but Leo is as cute sa they come.
least favorite: I don't harbor any ill feelings toward any of these honestly. but for the sake of picking one I guess I'll go with Rolf.
WOLF --
favorite: so hard to pick between the two, but I think I'll say Audie is my number one! I love the person she's based on, I just think it's adorable that Nintendo made a villager after her! And her design is super pretty and cute. Also my favorite car brand is Audi lol. Kinda a dumb reason but still. I also love Wolfgang though! He's always been my cranky grouchy buddy in every island.
least favorite: idk. I guess Skye? She reminds me of Skype lol. I've never been able to not make that association. And I have bad memories of interactions I had on Skype. So I guess it's a silly reason here too but whatever. It still influences my opinion regardless of if it's silly or not haha.

Since I've been spending way too much time poring over the villagers available for NH, agonizing over who's amiibo I'd like to search out, instead of, say, all the coursework I need to finish up for midterms shhhhh. I'd like to pop in!

Alligators: My favorite is probably a tie between Boots and Gayle, I just love how cute Gayle is and Boots is a nice, clean design that doesn't clash at all (I'm looking at you, Sylvia). My least favorite, is harder cause I really do like most of their designs but I'd probably pick Sly because of the eyes.

Anteaters: I'll be honest, I want to like anteaters but most of their designs are pretty meh for me. I'd say Antonio is the best, because I like cleaner designs, but the worst is probably Snooty for the eyes and the brows.

Bears: I find them a little odd, since we (at least in my perception) already had cubs, before they added bears, but I digress. Pinky is the best bear, very cute and I love pandas... and pink... But worst is probably Beardo or maaaaybe Nate (for the eyes and brows respectively).

Birds: I love Robin's colors and design and Peck's soulless eyes. I'm fairly certain I had Robin at some point in WW, but it was a long time ago so I don't remember if she was mine or a friends', but I would love to have her in NH. Least would be either Jitters (yeesh, he just looks so creepy) or Lucha, because of that weird... glare? I dunno I just dislike the mask/eye combo.

Bull: In NL, my beloved Lolly moved out unexpectedly while I was TTing and was replaced with Vic. I have never forgiven him, I don't even really dislike his design I was just so upset that she moved out I ended up taking a year long break (and then TTing to get rid of him, which did not work unfortunately). I like Rodeo's goth-ish aesthetic, and the red eyes. Angus is also nice, not superb but better than the others in my opinion. Oh! And Stu. He's got a nice but basic design so if I find him I'd move him in but he's not a keeper for me.

Cat: Now, let me preface this by saying Lolly is perhaps my all time favorite. BUT. Stinky moved in to my NL town and... while I hated him passionately at first, he grew on me and I find him funny rather than irritating now. Also, I love Jock personalities so much (they are true himbos and I respect them deeply for their fitnesspiration, though I myself refuse to work out, if I lived with them I would be buff too) and Stinky (with a name like Stinky... c'mon... he's too precious) fits that bill. Also! Olivia moved into my NH island and at first, I was uninterested because I found her eyes a little weird but once again... I got to know her and she is a keeper for me. Unfortunately, she seems to have acquired items I didn't realize she'd be displaying in her house so my plan is to move her out and then hopefully get her back with the basic design. My least favorite would be either Monique (whew... that design was a choice) or Tabby (I'm sorry he's on the border of so ugly he's cute but he's on the border, not the right side). Dishonorable mention: Merry. I want to like her, I do but... gah. Those weird triangle bangs do her no favors.

Chicken: Ken is probably my favorite design overall, but Ava is definitely up there. I don't hate any of the chicken designs, but I guess Egbert is my least liked; he looks stressed out and tired, and looking at him makes me feel like that too. His personality nice though, so it's hard to dislike him.

Cows: The cows have such cute body shapes and I like most of the designs. I really really like Patty though, because she just looks so sweet (and reminds me of chocolate milk, yes, yes, I know, unoriginal but still). Tipper is a close second, only because her eyes are those little dots which just seem too beady. I feel like if she had bigger eyes (even if they were still black instead of colored) that would be better. Naomi is a no from me: what is going on with her eyes? And the light blue and saturated red are just unappealing to me.

Cub: Stitches, absolutely. I had him in WW and he was one of the few pictures I got. Maple is cute too, though her design it pretty basic. Judy would also be tied with Stitches, I keep forgetting she's a cub (and thinking she's a hamster...). Least favorite is Barold, cause uh... those lips? and those eyes... (I think we are noticing a pattern here hmmm)

Deer: Beau! Or Fauna! Such cute, neat and basic designs. I like Diana too but not as strongly. Zell is definitely up there... Lopez is probably lowest tier because of the brow/makeup? thing I just don't think it does any favors.

Dog: Cherry is my favorite, but Butch/Bones/Shep are all second, Lucky and Biskit bring up the third place. Marcel is uh. I just don't like mimes. I want to dislike Benjamin but he looks so sad... I can't be mean to him.

Duck: Molly is such a baby! So cute and clean. Honestly, I'm not a fan of any of the other ducks. None are very appealing to me.

Eagle: I think I like Avery's overall design the best (not to mention his house!) I don't understand why the other eagles have... parking? lots? for home design but that's on them. Frank is one of the less interesting designs, I'm not a fan of his colors and the brows are odd looking to me.

Elephants: Another one of those villagers who I want to like but whose design pool is uninteresting. I find Tia to the best of the lot, but not enough to want her on my island. Paolo is maybe the worst for me, just boring; fuschia body and brown brows... bleh.

Frogs(!!!): Lily is my favorite. I even did a class 3d modeling project on her because she's so cute! One of my favorite overall villagers, too. Wart Jr can go somewhere else (those narrowed eyes and that smile? i feel like hes plotting something)

Goats: Pashmina! Though Nan is also special to me (for WW purposes)... Velma is... I want to like her, and I love the name, but you can't be snooty and have those bangs, girl. It's not the look you think it is.

Gorillas: I... do not like any of them. :X Oops!

Hamsters: Hamphrey is cute! I didn't even know about him till I found him on a mystery tour (he won me over versus Soleil) but Graham reminds me of Hifumi from Danganronpa and that's a no from me.

Hippos: Biff, I guess? Not very much to say about this but uh. He's ok. Hippeux can go though!

Horses: Tie between Julian and Reneigh, with Julian leaning more towards best horse. Horses could be nothing but winners and yet Nintendo chooses violence... bottom would be either Buck or Peaches, both of whom I've had (NH and NL respectively) and I could not WAIT for them to leave.

Kangaroos: I don't like any of the male roo designs. I like Mathila but Kitt (who randomly moved into my NH island) is my favorite. Such a cute mom and I wish the joey was given a name/lines, but I like to pretend they've moved here to relax and grow up somewhere quiet and leisurely.

Koalas: Canberra is... yikes. That whole expressions is just waaaay too much. And for who's benefit? Not hers. Not mine. Not Nintendo's. Yuka is a pretty one though and I have her amiibo to get her in soon.

Lions: Lionel! I was skeptical of him at first in NL, and then I realized how much I like Smug (though not as much as Jock, I just wish that Jocks had better designs) personality villagers. I also want to see about maybe having Leopold at some point (he looks like a nice nerdy character... I can't recall who he reminds me of exactly).

Monkeys: Harder, because I like Deli the most but Shari is nice too. I might have to trade for Deli at some point, maybe Shari... decisions decisions. Tammi looks like she's liable to snap at any moment with those red eyes. And Elise is... baby that lip is not for you choose a different color. She looks like an older woman who insists on bright makeup when it's not working anymore.

Mice: Eh, another one of those who have no interesting designs... I guess Dora is alright... But. Samson. Ooooh I hate Samson. He moved into my WW town and from the jump I hated him and his voice. I tried bullying him out, I tried ignoring him. Finally. He tells me he wants to move and when I said yes.... he said he wouldn't because he wanted to get to know me better.

Octopuses: Not a lot to choose from, but I guess Marina is ok. Octavian reminds me of Octillery, but uglier.

Ostriches: I really like most of them, but more from a distance and less out of interest- Flora is a definite for me, though, and Julia being a peacock is neat and I'll get her at some point. Queenie being snooty and having those bangs is her making bad decisions. Honestly, she and Velma could not be villagers and I would not care less.

Penguins: Oooo I have always loved penguins from ye olde Zoo Tycoon 1 & 2 days... Child me liked to dump like four in an exhibit and come back 3 minutes later to 50 of them. That said, Sprinkle has betrayed me (akin to Lolly) when she refused to stay after I begged her to in WW. Her leaving also made me leave the game alone for a while. Funnily enough, Friga took her spot (I think the exact same one, in fact, if I recall correctly that WW had predestined plots) immediately after. Tex moved into NH and I was skeptical but I've been won over. I'll be sad for him to go, but I want to get his picture first. Iggly or Hopper are not my favorite designs, Hopper being cranky was accurate and also not something I cared for.

Pigs: Eeeehhhhh another uninteresting group. Pancetti is cute, though. And now I'm hungry... Hm.

(Jeez there are so many)

Rabbits: Ruby!!! I loved her in WW, and her space house was so cool andI was very jealous, and I wanted my own space room in WW. Snake is bleh. I had him in... NL? I got him out as quick as I could.

Rhinos: Basic as I am, Merengue has a neat, interesting design without clashing! I almost like Renee; I like the way she reminds of an anime school president (probably the shirt) but she's not nice enough and is in fact on the bottom.

Sheep: Cashmere, sweetheart, you look like a muppet. Yeesh. Willow is cute but I'm torn between her and Vesta, who is a liiiiiittle nicer.

Squirrels: Ooh Sylvana? Tasha? Sally? Pecan? Static? Too many to pick... all of them are so precious. Ricky is a. Huh. Hm. No.

Tiger: I wanted to like Bianca. But I decided she was not interesting. Then, I found her on a mystery island and realized she was based on a snow leopard (with the back spots) and I! immediately snatched her up. Her little paws... my heart... Rolf looks like her evil twin. No from me.

Wolves: Uuugh. So many. Vivian? Audie? Kyle? Skye? Whitney? W Link?? The tie is too strong. I hate to be negative but Dobie's wrinkles look off. Wish him well though.

Whew! Thanks for the chance to discuss something like this! It's very interesting to read everyone's takes. I asked my friends to pick their faves and questioned their choices was a little surprised by how different our tastes are.

Alligator:
Fave: Drago or Boots! Drago is a freakin Dragon man! He's so cool and Boots is adorable in Jester shirt, I just love it!
Least: Del, like dude is an airplane, no thx

Anteater
Fave:
Annabelle
Least: Olaf

Bear
Fave:
Beardo (yeah I said it) Beardo is great because he's a walking meme. Everything he does and wears looks hilarious because it's Beardo.
Least: Charlise

Bird
Fave:
Midge, she's so pretty and brightly colored.
Least: Sparro

Bull
Fave:
Coach (yeah I said it) I adopted Coach from someone special in New Leaf and he would always tell me about his previous town and mayor and since I loved the guy I adopted him from I ended up loving Coach. Weird how things like that happen. Now Coach is my go to jock. Stu is also very cute!
Least: Vic

Cat
Fave:
Lolly! my birthday twin! She's so adorable
Least: Tabby

Chicken
Fave:
Egbert, he's simply a king. We love him.
Least: Knox

Cow
Fave:
Tipper or Norma, they are both so adorable and I'd love to have either one! Although, I am more keen on Tipper as that is what my family calls me. My nicknames are Tip, Tipper, and Sissy so I kinda have a thing for Tipper
Least: Naomi

Cub
Fave:
Stitches or Maple. Stitches is adorable - he's a literal teddy bear. I love him so much, but how can I not put Maple on this list? Look at her! She's so adorable and sweet.
Least: Vladimir

Deer
Fave:
Fauna - I had her in NL so she has a special place in my heart.
Least: Lopez

Dog
Fave:
Bones!!!! Bones all day. He's been my favorite villager since GameCube. He's my ride or die. I love that sweet boy.
Least: Mac

Duck
Fave:
Scoot - what a cutie, he's doing his best.
Least: Freckles

Eagle
Fave:
Apollo, he's pretty classic. He just looks so regal.
Least: Sterling

Elephant
Fave:
Ellie, she's adorable and the only one I would consider taking.
Least: All the rest. They're side mouths bother me so much.

Frog
Fave:
Jambette - a literal and actual queen. She's amazing.
Least: Gigi

Goat
Fave:
Pashmina, she's so pretty
Least: Velma

Gorilla
Fave:
Boone, he is so sweet and adorable.
Least: Violet

Hamster
Fave:
Flurry - she's just adorable and fits in so well in the winter time.
Least: Soilei or whatever Karen's name is

Hippo
Fave:
Bubbles because I had to pick one
Least: Hippeux

Horse
Fave:
Savannah, She's one of the prettiest villagers in the whole game I think.
Least: the green one, i believe his name is Clyde

Kangaroo
Fave:
Kitt
Least: Rooney

Koala
Fave:
Ozzie or Melba or Gonzo. I love pretty much all of the koalas, they are my favorite animal in real life so I have a pretty big bias towards them. Ozzie melts my heart as does Melba. They are so adorable and sweet.
Least: Canberra because I had to pick.

Lion
Fave:
Elvis
Least: Rory

Monkey
Fave:
Shari or Nana I think both are equally amazing.
Least: Tammi

Mouse
Fave:
Broccolo, he's a sweet lazy boy
Least: Bella

Octopus
Fave:
Marina, I think she's sweet and adorable
Least: Octavian

Ostrich
Fave:
Flora, I'd love to have her on my Tropical themed island, I think she'd fit right in.
Least: Queenie

Penguin
Fave:
Boomer, he's just so cute and adorable and his starting outfit is so fitting for him, he looks great!
Least: Puck

Pig
Fave:
Agnes - she's such a baddie.
Least: Rasher

Rhino
Fave:
Hornsby!!! Omg I love the sweet lazy boy villagers so much and Hornsby is adorable!!
Least: Spike

Rabbit
Fave:
Bunnie, She is probably one of my favorite villagers in the game. I think she has such a pretty unique design.
Least: Genji

Sheep
Fave:
Pietro, I love clowns so it's a win for me.
Least: Cashmere or the hamburger one

Squirrel
Fave:
Filbert, again cute lazy boy
Least: Marshall

Tiger
Fave:
Bianca, she's so pretty!
Least: Claudia

Wolf
Fave:
wow this is hard as I love all them so much. I don't think I can pick. I think this is the village species that I can't think of a single one that I would not love and take. They're all so great.
Least: can't do it.

WOW, that was a lot longer and harder than I thought it was going to be. wow.

alligator
+ gayle
- sly

anteater
+ anabelle
- olaf

bear
+ pinky
- chow

bird
+ midge
- peck

bull
+ rodeo
- coach

cat
+ lolly
- kid cat

chicken
+ ken
- knox

cow
+ norma
- naomi

cub
+ pekoe
- barold

deer
+ deer
- fuchsia

dog
+ marcel
- bones

duck
+ molly
- quillson

eagle
+ celia
- frank

elephant
+ margie
- big top

frog
+ lily
- wart jr

goat
+ kidd
- velma

gorilla
+ peewee
- rocket

hamster
+ flurry
- rodney

hippo
+ bertha
- harry

horse
+ colton
- buck

kangaroo
+ astrid
- walt

koala
+ sydney
- gonzo

lion
+ lionel
- mott

monkey
+ nana
- elise

mouse
+ bree
- limberg

octopus
+ marina
- octavian

ostrich
+ bree
- sprocket

penguin
+ aurora
- boomer

pig
+ agnes
- chops

rabbit
+ dotty
- claude

rhino
+ hornsby
- spike

sheep
+ etoile
- frita

squirrel
+ poppy
- sheldon

tiger
+ bianca
- rowan

wolf
+ fang
- audie

Alligator:
Best - alfonso
Worst - drago

Anteater:
Best - anabelle
Worst - olaf

Bear:
Best - Megan
Worst - chow

Bird:
Best - jitters
Worst - lucha

Bull:
Best - rodeo
Worst - t bone

Cat:
Best - rudy
Worst - bob/katt/kabuki/monique/stinky/tabby

Chicken:
Best - egbert
Worst - broffina

Cow:
Best - Norma
Worst - naomi

Cub:
Best - kody
Worst - pudge

Deer:
Best - bam
Worst - fuchsia

Dog:
Best - lucky
Worst - mac

Duck:
Best- quillson
Worst - scoot

Eagle:
Best - buzz
Worst - keaton

Elephant:
Best - axel
Worst - opal

Frog:
Best - frobert
Worst - wart Jr

Goat:
Best - sherb
Worst - velma

Gorilla:
Best - hans
Worst - everyone but hans

Hamster:
Best - Rodney
Worst - apple

Hippo:
Best - Harry
Worst - rocco

Horse:
Best - colton
Worst - Julian

Kangaroo:
Best - Walt
Worst - Astrid but all the females too

Koala:
Best - eugene
Worst - yuka

Lion:
Best - leopold
Worst - bud

Monkey:
Best - flip
Worst - elise

Mouse:
Best - limberg
Worst - rizzo

Octopus:
Best - marina
Worst - octavian

Ostrich:
Best - sandy
Worst - flora

Penguin:
Best - boomer
Worst - flo

Pig:
Best - Kevin
Worst - truffles

Rabbit:
Best - Carmen
Worst - coco (too creepy)

Rhino:
Best - hornsby
Worst - Renee

Sheep:
Best - muffy
Worst - timbra

Squirrel:
Best - Sheldon
Worst - hazel

Tiger:
Best - tybalt
Worst - Claudia

Wolf:
Best - fang
Worst - dobie

Now this was a nightmare to do on a mobile haha

Here’s mine. I’m not going to explain all of my picks, and some of them are villagers that aren’t in ACNH. Making this took forever.

Alligator:
Best: Alfonso.
Worst: Alli because I have no one else.

Anteater:
Best: Antonio.
Worst: Pango because again, I have no one else.

Bear:
Best: Teddy.
Worst: Curt. This time I actually do have someone I don’t like.

Bear cub:
Best: Maple.
Worst: I was going to say Chester, but I realized Cupcake is a snooty villager exclusive to GameCube. That combination seems like it’d be hard to like her, so I think I’ll pick her.

Bird:
Best: Either Robin or Jay.
Worst: Flash. He’s not that bad, he’s just a little weird looking and I needed someone for here.

Bull:
Best: Chuck. I’d kind of want to have him in town if I had PG.
Worst: Another PG exclusive, Oxford. He looks the goofiest out of all the bulls.

Cat:
Best: This has to be one of the hardest ones. Either Lolly, Rosie, or Bob.
Worst: This is way easier. Tabby.

Chicken:
Best: Egbert.
Worst: Probably Becky.

Cow:
Best: Patty.
Worst: Naomi.

Deer:
Best: Either Beau, Fauna, or Diana.
Worst: I guess Deirdre.

Dog:
Best: I love almost every dog, so I pick basically all of them.
Worst: Marcel. He’s the only one I think I don’t like.

Duck:
Best: Joey, Molly, or Ketchup.
Worst: Gloria.

Eagle:
Best: Apollo.
Worst: Quetzal.

Elephant:
Best: Opal.
Worst: I guess Paola but he’s still cool.

Frog:
Best: Either Jeremiah or Lily. But I like most frogs.
Worst: Easily, without a doubt, by a landslide, without question, undeniably, by a mile, indisputably Jambette. Definitely my least favorite villager ever.

Goat:
Best: Chevre.
Worst: I guess I pick Velma.

Gorilla:
Best: Peewee. I wouldn’t have liked him if I never had him as a New Leaf starter.
Worst: Boyd. However, I can’t say I’m upset that Jane hasn’t been seen since the GameCube days.

Hamster:
Best: Hamlet.
Worst: Rodney. Not that I don’t like him, but I didn’t really have anyone.

Hippo:
Best: Rollo. He’s kind of cute.
Worst: Uh, I don’t know, I guess Harry.

Horse:
Best: Elmer.
Worst: Clyde. This one time after Olivia moved out in New Leaf, I immediately saw him the next day. I was pretty upset when I saw him because I didn’t really want him and seeing a tent got my hopes up. I don’t hate him, but he’s one of my lesser favorites after that incident.

Kangaroo:
Best: Kitt.
Worst: Mathilda.

Koala:
Best: Eugene.
Worst: Yuka, just like another certain someone.

Lion:
Best: Bud. Honestly, besides him, I don’t really care about lions too much, so I’m not going to pick a least favorite.

Monkey:
Best: Shari or Champ.
Worst: Easily Elise.

Mouse:
Best: Rod or Chadder.
Worst: Limberg. He was a total douche to me in Wild World. Granted, most crankies are, but still.

Octopus:
Best: Marina. I really hope she’s still in my Wild World town.
Worst: I guess Zucker. He’s still pretty cool, though.

Ostrich:
Best: Gladys or Queenie.
Worst: Okay, I really can’t choose! I guess Cranston, but he’s still a good villager!

Penguin:
Best: Chabwick.
Worst: I guess I’ll pick Gwen.

Pig:
Best: Hugh. He’s my favorite villager ever.
Worst: Rasher. Another rude Wild World villager that I never even wanted in my town.

Rabbit:
Best: Bunnie. On an unrelated note, I think it’s really cute how rabbits’ ears sway when they move in ACNH.
Worst: Tiffany.

Rhino:
Best: Hornsby.
Worst: Tiara.

Sheep:
Best: Woolio.
Worst: Baabara.

Squirrel:
Best: This is probably my favorite species. Some I like are Mint, Filbert, Peanut, Ione, Sally, Static, Sylvana, Marshal, Blaire, Agent S, and one I’ve never had, but Kit. I also think Cece and Viche are cool.
Worst: Sheldon, but he’s pretty good, too.

Tiger:
Best: Bangle, Bianca, Leonardo, and Tybalt.
Worst: Claudia.

Wolf:
Best: I’d say all, but I’ll pick Fang.
Worst: None.

Here’s mine. I’m not going to explain all of my picks, and some of them are villagers that aren’t in ACNH. Making this took forever.

Alligator:
Best: Gayle. She is adorable and was in my very first NL town.
Worst: Alli.

Anteater:
Best: Annalisa. Adorable and sweet.
Worst: Cyrano.

Bear:
Best: Tutu. She was in one of my vert first, if not my first, CF towns. She was the one to give me in invite to Redd's.
Worst: Curt. One of my least favorite villagers TBH.

Bear cub:
Best: Maple. SHE IS SO CUTE! <3
Worst: Lobo.

Bird:
Best: Robin. One of my VERY first villagers and was the first one in CF to invite me to her house.
Worst: Unsure.

Bull:
Best: Rodeo. I am not really a fan of the bulls or cows, but Rodeo's pretty cute.
Worst: T-Bone. HE WOULD NOT MOVE OUT OF MY NL TOWN! -_-

Cat:
Best: Ankha. She is absolutely beautiful. <333 Her and my brother share a birthday.
Worst: This is way easier. Tabby.

Chicken:
Best: Unsure. Maybe Ken. He looks coool.
Worst: Usure.

Cow:
Best: Belle. Again, not really a fan of this species, but Belle is pretty cute and a classic.
Worst: Tipper.

Deer:
Best: Bruce. He is wonderful and so cool ^-^
Worst: Maybe Eric.

Dog:
Best: Goldie. She's cute :3
Worst: Portia....do not get me started...

Duck:
Best: Molly. Not really a fan of ducks either, but Molly is adorable and has a former dream job of mine. <3
Worst: I am not sure...Maybe Mallary or Gloria.

Eagle:
Best: Apollo. One of my favorite villagers! <3333
Worst: Avery.

Elephant:
Best: Big Top, he's my favorite lazy villager too <333
Worst: Opal.

Frog:
Best: Either Jeremiah or Lily. But I like most frogs.
Worst: Jambette. That thing is hideous and should be a Snooty villager.

Goat:
Best: Velma. I didn't really like her at first, but somehow really grew on me in July 2015. She is insanely underrated IMO <3333
Worst: Sven.

Gorilla:
Best: Boone. Gorillas are my least favorite species, but I suppose Boone is okay.
Worst: Jane. Do I need to explain?

Hamster:
Best: Flurry. She's adorable.
Worst: Rodney. He just looks weird.

Hippo:
Best: Betha. I am not a fan of Hippos, but Bertha is pretty cute.
Worst: Bitty.

Horse:
Best: Peaches, Peaches, Peaches, Peaches, Peaches. In all seriousness, she is cute, sweet, and underrated. ^_^
Worst: Annalise I guess.

Kangaroo:
Best: Rooney!!! MY #1 FAVORITE VILLAGER!! <3333 😍🥰😍🥰 I JUST LOOOOOVE HIM! <333 💕💕💕
Worst: Marcy. I don't really have much experience with her since she is still a GC-only villager.

Koala:
Best: Eugene. Very cool and probably my favorite smug.
Worst: Canberra. JUST LOOK AT HER!!!

Lion:
Best: Bud. He has a cool and chill vibe to him.
Least: Elvis.

Monkey:
Best: Monty. He was a favorite villager at one point ^^
Worst: Elise.

Mouse:
Best: Cheddar I guess.
Worst: Rizzo.

Octopus:
Best: Marina. She's adorable ^^
Worst: I guess Octavian.

Ostrich:
Best: Gladys or Phoebe. They are adorable and beautiful. <3
Worst: Maybe Queenie, but she's still okay. I quite like this species. <333

Penguin:
Best: Aurora. So cute and sweet. In fact, I think she was my first normal.
Worst: I guess I’ll pick Gwen.

Pig:
Best: Gala. Not a fan of the pigs, but Gala is very cute.
Worst: Rasher.

Rabbit:
Best: Ruby, she's precious. :3
Worst: Gaston...he's hideous...

Rhino:
Best: Meringue. A shortcake rhino? YES PLEASE!
Worst: Ehhh, I am not sure. This species is not really rememberable. Maybe Tiara...?

Sheep:
Best: Vesta. Cuuuuuuuuuute.
Worst: Baabara.

Squirrel:
Best: Maybe Static, he was a favorite villager at one point.
Worst: Blaire...didn't have a good experience with her.

Tiger:
Best: Bangle, Bianca, Leonardo, and Tybalt.
Worst: Rolf!! MY #1 MOST HATED VILLAGER! THINGS NEVER WENT OVER WELL WITH US! 💢💢💢

Wolf:
Best: Skye. I love her theme!
Worst: Lobo.

Alligator

Favorite: Gayle
Least Favorite: Sly, although I actually don't hate any of the alligator villagers, I just end up forgetting about him the most for some reason...

Anteater

Favorite: Antonio
Least Favorite: Zoe, I can't unsee her as a human wearing a mask...

Bear

Favorite: Megan
Least Favorite: Paula

Bear Cub

Favorite: Judy, my mom happens to share a birthday with her, and we both love and adore Judy, she's so adorable!
Least Favorite: Barold

Bird

Favorite: Jacques
Least Favorite: Jitters, he looks like he drank too much coffee...

Bull

Favorite: T-Bone, he happens to be the most forgotten villager in the game, and also least talked about in existence. He's honestly my most favorite villager overall, he's the sweetest cranky ever, and I've always had quite a crush on him, as well... ♥
People hate him because they think he's ugly, but I think he's very handsome, and he also has a very nice house!
Least Favorite: None, I love each and every one of them.

Cat

Favorite: Lolly, commas matter!
Least Favorite: Kid Cat, he killed some of my fruit trees in my first New Leaf town, and he constantly started fights with my villagers. Even my villagers hated him, too, as well...

Chicken

Favorite: Ken, he's a ninja chicken who would be willing to fight for his love, Barbie.
Least Favorite: Broffina

Cow

Favorite: Tipper
Least Favorite: None, I love all of them.

Deer

Favorite: Chelsea
Least Favorite: Fauna

Dog

Favorite: Walker
Least Favorite: Goldie

Duck

Favorite: Ketchup, Nintendo needs to make a sister for her, named Mustard.
Least Favorite: Deena

Eagle

Favorite: Celia
Least Favorite: Frank, no frank you.

Elephant

Favorite: Chai
Least Favorite: Big Top, he moved in front of my town hall in my second New Leaf town, and in a conversation, he made one of my favorites, Vic, sad, and Big Top was dancing around all happy and stuff.

Frog

Favorite: Frobert
Least Favorite: I hate Diva, she's just a downgraded version of Gigi.

Goat

Favorite: Chevre, got milk?
Least Favorite: Velma (I actually like all of the goats, but, honestly, I'd like Velma much more if she didn't have that beard...)

Gorilla

Favorite: Violet, her design bothers me the least out of all of the gorillas.
Least Favorite: Al be right there.

Hamster

Favorite: Flurry
Least Favorite: Rodney, even though I don't really hate any of the hamsters, he just has the least cute hamster design to me in my opinion.

Hippo

Favorite: Bertha
Least Favorite: Harry

Horse

Favorite: Roscoe
Least Favorite: Julian

Kangaroo

Favorite: Rooney
Least Favorite: Marcie, she is the only noseless kangaroo in the entire game, that is seriously super creepy...

Koala

Favorite: Canberra, where are the cranberry trees?
Least Favorite: Gonzo, even though I like all of the koala villagers.

Lion

Favorite: Elvis, he was the very first cranky villager I have ever had.
Least Favorite: Rory

Monkey

Favorite: Shari, I'm not Shari she's my favorite monkey.
Least Favorite: Simon, his design is like, "meh", compared to the other monkeys.

Mouse

Favorite: Broccolo, he probably ironically eats broccoli.
Least Favorite: Limberg, he literally stinks!

Octopus

Favorite: Marina
Least Favorite: Octavian, he looks like a Squidward Tentacles ripoff... 🤔

Ostrich

Favorite: Julia
Least Favorite: Sandy, though I don't hate her, I just prefer the designs of the other ostriches.

Penguin

Favorite: Sprinkle
Least Favorite: Aurora says hello to your soul. :rolleyes:

Pig

Favorite: Gala
Least Favorite: Chops, I can't look at his face without getting grossed out... :sick:

Rabbit

Favorite: Doc, he always gets overshadowed in favor of the other rabbit villagers, he is so adorable!
Least Favorite: Pippy, although I don't really hate any of the rabbit villagers at all.

Rhino

Favorite: Azalea, her color is my favorite color.
Least Favorite: Merengue, that cake is a lie...she's my least favorite villager ever. She's so overrated and boring, she would not leave T-Bone alone, and she would never leave one of my three New Leaf towns. I time-traveled in order to kick her out, but I ended up losing Coco instead. It had gotten so bad that I had to reset my town.
I also don't like Renée either, she looks like she smoked way too much cigarettes.

Sheep

Favorite: Frita, she and Ronald McDonald would be good friends!
Least Favorite: Cashmere, she looks like a Koopa on drugs.

Squirrel

Favorite: Static
Least Favorite: I can't stand Peanut, her design is way too crazy and hyper-looking for my tastes.

Tiger

Favorite: Bangle
Least Favorite: Claudia

Wolf

Favorite: Skye
Least Favorite: Kyle, I honestly can't unsee him as a dirty wolf who hasn't showered in weeks.

This was fun and interesting for me. Also kind of eye opening how many species I haven't even had exp with.

Alligator:
Fave: Sly
Least: Allie

Anteater
Fave:
Antonio
Least: Zoe

Bear
Fave:
Megan and Beardo. Don't make me pick. I love them both for different aspects.
Least: Chow. I feel like he could look better.

Bird
Fave:
Midge and I surprisingly really like her.
Least: Lucha

Bull
Fave: Vic. He cracks me up, though Stu looks nice.
Least: Rodeo

Cat
Fave:
Katt
Least: Monique

Chicken
Fave:
Egbert
Least: Knox

Cow
Fave:
Patty