• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you have a favourite villager species?

Which of the five basic animal groups does your favourite villager species belong to?

• Total voters

S.J.

💜
Bells
Island
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Which of the villager species is your favourite?
I’ve seen some old threads on this topic, but nothing recent (unless I missed it of course), so let’s talk about which villager species is your favourite!

🐯 All villager species 🐼
Alligator
Anteater
Bear
Bird
Bull
Cat
Chicken
Cow
Cub
Deer
Dog
Duck
Eagle
Elephant
Frog
Goat
Gorilla
Hamster
Hippo
Horse
Kangaroo
Koala
Lion
Monkey
Mouse
Octopus
Ostrich
Penguin
Pig
Rabbit
Rhino
Sheep
Squirrel
Tiger
Wolf

There are too many villager species to include them all in a poll, so instead, which of the five (because we’re excluding fish) basic animal groups does your favourite species fall into? 😊

AmphibiansBirdsInvertebratesMammalsReptiles
FrogBird
Chicken
Duck
Eagle
Ostrich
Penguin
OctopusAnteater
Bear
Bull
Cat
Cow
Cub
Deer
Dog
Elephant
Goat
Gorilla
Hamster
Hippo
Horse
Kangaroo
Koala
Lion
Monkey
Mouse
Pig
Rabbit
Rhino
Sheep
Tiger
Squirrel
Wolf
Alligator​

Yes, Frogs always has been always will be
they've been my favorite animal for at least 13 years

My favorite villager is Sterling, but cats will always top my fave villager species list.

i think I’d have to vote mammals purely because of the amount of species it encompasses, but if we’re getting specific… i absolutely adore the hamsters (potentially biased as Rodney is my favourite villager) and cubs (i think all their designs are adorable). but arguably the frogs are my favourite too - if I were to ever attempt a one-species island, i think I’d be torn between frogs and cubs

My favorite species is anteaters, followed by sheep and dogs, all mammals. There are so many good mammals—gorillas, hippos, cats, monkeys, mice, koalas.

I also love amphibians and reptiles, really. A few of the birds are okay (I’m partial to Robin) but they’re definitely my least favorite category. I appreciate the uniqueness of octopi but wouldn’t rank them too highly.

I prefer the Mammal category overall; it just has so much to offer while categories like Invertebrate/Reptile/Amphibian can only offer one animal species and Birds only have a handful 😅

I specifically like the wolves the best (my top 2 favorite villagers being Chief and Audie), but I also really love the bunnies (Chrissy is my 3rd favorite villager) and squirrels are cute too (Cece is best squirrel ♥️)!

It's probably much easier to make cute little animal characters out of mammals than it would be, say, insects lmao
But hopefully we'll see the other categories expanded upon in the future!

considering the ratio of cats to literally any other species in all three of my recent ac towns, i think the answer is kind of a given lmao. (10/30.) second closest is dogs (6/30), another mammal, and all the others that have multiples are also mammals -- rabbits, deer and wolves. i've only ever had one bird (molly), amphibian (henry) and invertebrate (marina). overall, i don't care much for the designs of the species in those groups; same goes for alligators, which is why i've never had a permanent reptile either lol.

It's got to be mammals, as Buck is in that category! I have fallen in love with another horse villager over on my 2nd island, Elmer. (Never as much as Buck!) Also, love Roscoe and Al, who are also mammals! 🐴🦍

I think my favourite species in AC could be eagles, so I guess birds is my answer to the poll. Sterling is already one of my faves, but looking at all of them, a lot of the eagles are high ranked in my list.

I had a feeling I would be the only reptile lover so far 🐊

I really hope they add more reptile villagers in future games 🐍🦎

pretty standard answer but cats are easily my favorites, they just have solid designs in general. the only other ones i really like are squirrels, wolves, deer, eagles, ostriches, cubs, and rabbits.

i really hope they add new tiger, bear, bird, and elephant designs in future games

I’ll vote for mammals later. I don’t really have a favorite because Hummingbirds don’t exist in the game. Horses were my favorite as a child though.

Back